Your weight loss incentive?

equi

Mine is this:
Picture071.jpg

I'm ashamed to say that not long after this i had a bad fall and stopped riding for a long time due to pain. After the pain had gone i just couldn't bring myself to ride normally again. I would only do light riding and not leave my yard. This lead to me putting on a lot of weight about 3 stone in total and now i am actually too heavy to safely ride my beautiful horse. I need to loose weight not only for myself but for him as he is being used as a large lawn mower and it's not fair on him.

My mum who isn't into animals at all has told me when i loose two stone she will buy me this:
FSStanSCBblk1.jpg

So this i my incentive at the moment!

What a lovely incentive! Your horse is beautiful, and I'm sure you will be enjoying him to the fullest in no time.

My incentive is slightly different. I'm going to Turkey in September and I want to look (and feel) great in my bikini! I know that when I'm struggling or having a tough week, the thought of my soon-to-be bikini body gets me back on track!

Good luck with your journey x

Awesome incentive...I had a giggle at the "large lawn mower" comment though xD I imagine its an expensive lawn mower too!

My incentive initially was to get off the pill. I was diagnosed with PCOS (after docs initially thinking it was uterine cancer) and put on the pill told I had to get to 11 stone before I could attempt to come off it. but due to it making me depressed it got took off it early, but I will probably be back on it next week so it will be my incentive again, I hate that pill so damn much. My incentive is still to get to healthy BMI so my PCOS symptoms will hopefully disappear but, the pill just gives me more of an incentive, I hate it that much.

I have 2 incentives; my eldest starts school in September and I don't want to he the fat mum at the school gates, and I also have pcos and hoping losing some weight will cure my spotty chin :)

Great incentives! Health is obviously a big thing too for me, i have terrible skin around my * time, but in generall my skin has gotten much better already. I have also stopped smoking (taking on a lot around exam time haha) so i feel so much better already and loosing weight will just put me on track. i always look at slimmer people and envy them, so why can't i be one too?

Good luck to you all, we can all do it!

What a lovely incentive! Your horse is beautiful, and I'm sure you will be enjoying him to the fullest in no time.

My incentive is slightly different. I'm going to Turkey in September and I want to look (and feel) great in my bikini! I know that when I'm struggling or having a tough week, the thought of my soon-to-be bikini body gets me back on track!

Good luck with your journey x

im the same! im off on my hols to Bulgaria in 9 weeks and i want to look lovely and slim in my bikini!!! not have a pot belly sticking out! also my mum lost over 4 stone last year....so im a bit jealous!!! lol

My incentive is to be able to walk down the street without keeping a jacket wrapped around me.
I want to be able to show my body(with clothes on) At the moment I am so self consious everything has to have long sleeves and totally cover me.
I'm making progress, today I am wearing a dress with leggins...I dont wear dresses, so my 2 stone is definitely helping me...just need to stop the jacket being wrapped around now lol

My main incentive is my 30th birthday next August. I spent my childhood fat, my teens fat, my 20's fat.... I want to spend my 30's Slim and fit!
Also I have PCOS and have previously lost a baby due to an ectopic pregnancy, I really want to have another child but my body needs to be in a good condition before I risk trying again as I only have a 50% chance due to only having one fallopian tube intact, also we previously tried for 2 yrs with no luck, hoping the weight loss will help.

I have lots of reasons to be doing this, but my motivation at the moment: my sis is moving to Australia :)cry:) and before she goes we are having a big family photo shoot to get photos of us all together, her and her partner with my kids, etc, and I want them to be photos we keep forever, wall-worthy! My sister is very slim and pretty and I don't want to look like a whale next to her lol and I want them to be pics I am proud of!
I am also having a birthday party and I want to buy a new dress and I want to be at least 2 sizes smaller by then (it's in 2 months, eek!)

Great incentives people! Keep them in mind every time you feel down!

I know i have only lost 8lbs but i felt confident today to leave my yard even though my horse was being a total wolly! A month ago i just would have felt too fat to do this :) I can't wait to be the weight i used to be wehn i had the most confidence on my boy :)

I have a few incentives... September I am starting at university as a mature student, I really don't want to be the fat one, as well as the old one:p Also in September it is my 10yr wedding anniversary and I am hoping we can do something special for the occasion?

I doubt I will get to target by then, but I would like to be well on the way:)

Anything is possible Red! I don't have a target date in mind, not this time. I would like to get 10% by say august, but i am not making that a target. Whatever happens happens :)

My incentive is to be the woman my OH first met... I know he loves me as I am, and proposed to me at my heaviest, but secretly I want to give him the wife he deserves :)

Great incentives everyone , apart from being more healthier I want to get back into my nearly new clothes that have been in my wardrobe for the past 3 years (when I lost 3 stone before )and I refuse to buy any more clothes when I have those in the wardrobe!!
Also I am fed up of hearing myself complain that I am too big to wear certain styles etc and doing nothing about it:mad:
I am 40 next and want to be fabulous at 40 !!:D

My incentive to start was turning 30 and wanting to be healthier and fitter, I've got heart disease in my family and my cholesterol was up already!

My incentive keeping me going is a dress I bought a size too small that I want to wear to a friends wedding in June, so need to get working on losing another half stone!

To get into a beautiful designer outfit my DH bought me for my 40th....there were only 2 of them made & I had one of them! Hopefully I will be able to wear it to a friends wedding in late July....13lbs to go & counting!

my main incentive is my kids.....but deep down its probably to live longer as deep down i know things have to change

Hello everyone, all great incentives. I have a few.. Healthwise I want to stop being breathless, I know this isnt down to my weight (it's some other health stuff:heartpump: that I hope docs can sort or I can heal from soon) I also had a freak :character00264::ambulance: which contributed to me putting on another couple of stone (3 in total I want to remove) but I figure the weight can not be helping and must be making it alot harder.If I was to pick up weights that weighed 3 stone :character00115:I'd get even more breathless so surely removing 3 stone from my body will help!! :wee:

My other reason which feels like a main reason is how I look and feel and how much I've let my weight stop me from going after things in my career.
:serenade::thankyouthankyou:It shouldn't matter but it does and I want to be slim again:scale: and look how I used to look so I can wear the creative:painting::mermaid: things that I know suit a slimmer figure and not hide :hide: from having my picture taken and shine instead :character00238: I want to stop being on the :whacky068: and
move forward! :bolt:

Again on the vanity front I think losing weight off your face just makes everything look better and and can make you look even younger:party0011:. On the health side again, there are lots of things that I'm sure will improve and I know I will be better all round. I've a suitcase of clothes I put away a few years ago as I couldnt fit into them anymore.:tshirt: I'm looking foward to opening it again and fitting in them and as I've not shopped for clothes for many years, I look forward to the day I can go into a changing room and feel GOOD!:flirt2: I'd like to be fit and slimmer for my boyfriend too and then look good when we :love047: and like to just do all I can to be the best I can be :winner:and live a long time! we all have lots of good reasons ! so lets all stick at it! WE CAN DO THIS! :vibes:

Last edited:
Back