yummy curry recipe

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by 4busybee, 2 February 2007 Social URL.

1. 4busybee

4busybee Full Member

Afternoon everyone,
    Well it seems to be going pretty well so far, i have just made this recipe for lunch, free on a green day and it is absolutely yummy, its very quick and easy and you get loads there is certainly enough for 2. I got the recipe from a different forum but though i would share with you guys so you can try it if you want to.

Love Busy XX
    Sweet Potato and Spinach Curry

Ingredients

Half pint of veg stock
    750g/1lb Sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite size wedges
    1 Onion thinly sliced
    225g/8oz Fresh Spinach
    2 Garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced
    1 red chilli deseeded and thinly sliced
    1 tbsp of medium curry powder
    4 ripe plum tomatoes chopped (but I used a tin of chopped plum toms)
    salt and pepper

Method

Put stock in saucepan and add potatoes and onions, bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

Add Spinach, garlic, chilli, curry powder and tomoatoes. Stir and cook for 10 mins, season well and serve hot with rice.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. yamyam

yamyam Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Fantastic thanks. Will try that one!

I was very lazy tonight and bought a vegetable curry from Tesco. It was 3.5 syns on green but worth it for the convenience. I served it with a huge pile of basmati rice & fresh chopped coriander. I also bought a bag of mini popapoms from asda - only a 25g bag but luckily I checked the syn value before eating. 6 flippin' syns! No thank you!!!! lol!

4. Lesleyfx

Lesleyfx Flutytooty

I cooked the Kheema Mutter from the Curry Feast book last night..... needs more chilli but it's very flavoursome-yum.

(it's milder than the mildest korma.... so might add chilli powder next time)

5. Petal01

Petal01 Still Climbing That Hill!

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I used to cook a curry similar to that when i did SW im sure it was free on both day's obviously without the tatties but it was absoulutly scrumtious!

I wish i could go bak to SW it's a fantastic diet, but taking the food out of the equation altogether seems the only way for me just now ,although if i somehow ever get to goal i might follow SW for maintaining my weight.

6. jenniebellie

jenniebellie Absolutely determined !

Diet:
    SW
    Ooh, sounds lovely, especialy with the spinach, I love spinach, but noone else in the house does. :(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.