yummy recipes

I bet!! I'm only going onto my third week and still can't get my head round it ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

it does take a while to sink in, keep reading your book and for me organisation is key i try to plan my meals for the week or at least a few days in advance and always have stuff in freezer like home made syn free chilli, spag bol, curry or soup all in micro tubs so if u can't be bothered to cook u have some thing that can be defrosted and cooked in less than half an hour, also sw chips, chip your potatoes put them on a plate spray with fry light and season and microwave for 7-8 min meanwhile turn oven on to about gas mark7 or 8 leave the baking tray in oven while chips are cooking in microwave, when chips are done in the micro transfer to the oven they should only take about 10-15 to go a nice golden brown, if u have got time turn oven off and let the chip sweat in the oven for about 5 mins they go a little bit soggy but still crispy, the ones i made last night were my best yet xx

Cheese pie lovely can i have recipe please? X

100% FOCUSED! I've been struggling a bit over the last couple of weeks but i'm back on track, only 11.5 pounds to target for a total loss of 6 and a half stone!
:D
WOW Sarah that's an amazing loss!! Do you have any tips - I absolutely love your recipes - the cheese pie is that in this month's SW mag or last months?

sarah5298a1 said:
it does take a while to sink in, keep reading your book and for me organisation is key i try to plan my meals for the week or at least a few days in advance and always have stuff in freezer like home made syn free chilli, spag bol, curry or soup all in micro tubs so if u can't be bothered to cook u have some thing that can be defrosted and cooked in less than half an hour, also sw chips, chip your potatoes put them on a plate spray with fry light and season and microwave for 7-8 min meanwhile turn oven on to about gas mark7 or 8 leave the baking tray in oven while chips are cooking in microwave, when chips are done in the micro transfer to the oven they should only take about 10-15 to go a nice golden brown, if u have got time turn oven off and let the chip sweat in the oven for about 5 mins they go a little bit soggy but still crispy, the ones i made last night were my best yet xx

Thanks ever so much for that, it's a great help.......I feel a bit thick cos I'm trying to get to grips with it all and thinking of tasty filling meals c

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes and I stick to it religiously (in my opinion), I keep a food diary here - I have 6stone to lose at this rate I'll be drawing my pension before I reach target lol!

I don't understand how others are losing 3,5,6lbs a week?

i switched to green days as i find my weight loss on extra easy is slow, i mainly do green days with the odd extra easy, wheni do green days i still try to have 1/3 of meals as superfree :) x

i switched to green days as i find my weight loss on extra easy is slow, i mainly do green days with the odd extra easy, wheni do green days i still try to have 1/3 of meals as superfree :) x

another tip - if you are doing extra easy make sure that you know what foods are free and superfree it is surprising how many people get it wrong, make sure that 1/3 of each meal is superfree if you are doing extra easy, otherwise you are not following the plan properly, thats why i don't extra easy, as i tend not to have 1/3 superfree with every meal and find thw weight loss id very slow xx

sarah5298a1 said:
another tip - if you are doing extra easy make sure that you know what foods are free and superfree it is surprising how many people get it wrong, make sure that 1/3 of each meal is superfree if you are doing extra easy, otherwise you are not following the plan properly, thats why i don't extra easy, as i tend not to have 1/3 superfree with every meal and find thw weight loss id very slow xx

Same with me I Mainly do EE days and it's slow I find having a few red or green days really helps. But then again a loss is a loss whatever it is it all helps .

Thanks Sarah - when I did green before the weight loss was slow also - I don't understand my lack of loss - I did SW in 2010 - I lost almost 3 stone in about 4 months - just doesn't add up

Thanks for this tip Sarah - I've been over the book today but still non the wiser - even when we have pasta I have a bowl of salad for starters (not keen on hot and cold food together). However, I am gonna cut back on the pasta this week, drink lots more water and exercise

Same with me I Mainly do EE days and it's slow I find having a few red or green days really helps. But then again a loss is a loss whatever it is it all helps .
Thanks mellymelz - I am def gonna add a couple of red days, I agree a loss is a loss but I know that if I continue losing 0.5lb a week, I'll give up and that just can't happen

Thanks Sarah - when I did green before the weight loss was slow also - I don't understand my lack of loss - I did SW in 2010 - I lost almost 3 stone in about 4 months - just doesn't add up

Thanks for this tip Sarah - I've been over the book today but still non the wiser - even when we have pasta I have a bowl of salad for starters (not keen on hot and cold food together). However, I am gonna cut back on the pasta this week, drink lots more water and exercise

Thanks mellymelz - I am def gonna add a couple of red days, I agree a loss is a loss but I know that if I continue losing 0.5lb a week, I'll give up and that just can't happen

if i do EE i think i tend to over eat as i will eat all my free food and healthy extra is using on a meal then eat the superfree just for the sake of it (1/3) and i'm already full, i think EE is a little bit about portion control, like you should fill up on superfree first as it is lower in calories n will give u a better weight loss, have u tried success express?

I have lost weight a lot faster in the past i could lose a stone every 4 weeks but now it takes ages! guess my body has changed since having a baby in 2010 :) x

View attachment 49550
Rice pudding, boiled in water with some sweetner (i do enough for a couple of days and keep it int he fridge) drain water off when cooked and either reheat and add milk (i use 100ml) or yogurt, add extra sweetner and vanilla extract if desired and top with fruit, here i have raspberries but i also have it with chopped bananas and syrup and sliced peach and mango.
I always did rice pudding but when my Weight Loss slowed after week 2 weigh, I dropped it from my pudding list and just stuck to yogurt and fresh fruit...but I think I am going to make your one if I lose 2lbs or more this week!

View attachment 49552

Mini sw quiche - I mixed eggs with cottage cheese and herbs, salt n pepper added cooked bacon, onions and mushroom and some grated cheese (i used 2 hex A's) bake in silicone cases :)
This is a fab idea to make them in the silicone cases - I make a huge one and hubby eats it all!! I'll just have to work out syn factor

View attachment 49553

magic pancakes - must try these if you haven't they are so good! x
OH THESE LOOK LUSH - gonna have to go find recipe

View attachment 49554

Doner kebab sw style, yum yum x
This is one of my fav SW recipes - we used to have it even when we fell off plan. Gonna have to make this one night next week with lashings of chilli sauce :)

View attachment 49631
cheese pie (recipe in one of the sw mags) with honey and soy pork chop
Sarah this looks amazing and I don't eat chops!

Thanks for this recipe - am gonna try it - not that keen on lentils (but hang on wouldn't lentils count as a carb?)

View attachment 49633

my sw treats basket - mine all mine! lol
WOT NO Curly Wurlys or Freddo's?

Sarah how did you get your potatoes to cook so scrummy?

hi the recipe for the cheese and onion pie is in the jan/feb magazine, let me know if u don't have the mag and i'll type it up for you xx
YES PLEASE

well the verdicts out: it was very tasty, so here's how i made it:

5 onions, sliced thinly
2 tbsp of each: balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, sweetner (mix all together in a bowl or cup)
a good pinch of each: salt, black pepper and white pepper
2 tsp of mustard powder

Fry onions in frylight add salt and pepper, fry until onions start to go translucent then add the mustard powder, stir and add the vinegars, W sauce and sweetner, continue to cook until the sauce thickens. ready to eat straight away, keep in the fridge in an air tight container and this will keep for a while

Sarah - mine is just cooling - it taste and smells fab - must admit i did cheat, just bunged it all into a saucepan on a low heat, should have cut my onions a bit finer (not that it bothers me)

If tears were fat - I'd have lost about a stone cutting these onions lol!

Gonna have some on a jacket spud with some laughing cow cheese

Back