Green Day Yummy rice pudding!

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by Becccaaarrr, 16 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Becccaaarrr

Becccaaarrr Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I have made rice pudding using the pudding rice for a while now and love it!

I just picked up from tesco today 'Flaked pudding rice' that is meant to be used for rice puddings. I can't find the syn value but I'm assuming if it's made from rice its free on green?

I will ask on Wednesday at my class! BUT if it is, it makes more of a porridge than a rice pudding which is great for people who are missing a really filling warm breakfast! I'm going to be batch making it from now on with the flaked rice for breakfast!

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh dear! I am afraid the flaked stuff is not syn free! You need the one that is called just pudding rice

The flaked rice is 5 syns per 28g dry weight

4. Mel2

Mel2 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Omg! I've been eating it for months assuming it's free as its just flaked rice!!! Oooops!

5. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    it's like most "grains".. if it's turned into flour etc then it's not free anymore..
    I assume that flaking it is some for of rolling similar to milling flour? crushing it between a couple of rollers?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.