Yummy syn free crisps green day

Well have you tried yet babs..remember to slice them thin and they are nicer with the skin on
Ruthy xxxx

It does say 6 mins but some i have done have taken 5 and the thicker ones take slightly longer.
Ive got one of those crinkle chip cutters so i am going to make some crinkle crisps......or would that be crispy crinkles.............either way i think its going to be fun trying to get them out of the microwavable slot thingy maaaalingys. sorry i have had a glass of vino collapso!
Love you all
Ruthy xxx

This is a very old thread originally (Jan 2008)
at the time i think they were considered to be free, but now however they should be synned, they come under the topic of food abuse, as you are not using the potato in its most filling way. as a whole potato you would eat one with other stuff, but as crisps it would be very easy to eat a lot more and not actually feel satisfied.
There is a whole thread somewhere on food abuse.

If you are sensible, and only have them once every blue moon then counting them as free on that occasion would probably be ok, but if you had them regularily you would find your losses slowed or even stopped.
Doing this is tweaking the plan and not reconmended by SW.

I know this is a very old thread.........

didn't buy one previously and have made crisps in the micro just on a plate sprayed with frylight - when the need for Crisps reared its ugly head.

However, I have just bought one of these from ebay - for the very occasion when I need need need crisps - I reckon if I syn them at the lower end - ie 4.5 syns - they'll still be worth it and you know that you have no addatives etc - just potatoes and maybe a bit of salt or paprika etc.

will let you know how I get on with it - when it arrives.

RUTHYJ357 said:
Hiya all
Just thought id let cha know i bought a microwave crisp maker off ebay, cooked them in the micro for 6 mins and they were surprisingly lovely, they reminded me of those crisps that you had to add salt too and the salt came in the packet. Guess what i added !!!yup good old garlic salt lovely jubly!;)

So i am a happy camper!

PS. it did take two trys to get them right as i was doing the slices too thick!
Worth the money though esp if you like your green days!

Ruthy:D

Hi Ruthy

That is so funny cos so did I and it arrived yesterday- fantastic!!!!
It is a little small so I ordered 3 more as they will all fit in the microwave at once!! OH ordered the one with a middle section for dips.

I am now going to order the salt and vinegar flavouring shake and maybe the bacon one also!!!

I know it is food abuse however it must be better than the real thing and if it stops the munchies.....

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How thick am I - the original post is 3 years old- doh!!

Whilst browsing on the Internet I found the SW crisp recipe . I then bought the crisp maker doodah - I have a piccie of it.

Red Desiree seem to work best for me. Kids eat them though before I get a look in so no worries about food abuse lol.

Kx

Attachments

• image-2396068628.jpg
    image-2396068628.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 118
Sounds brill!!! I love parsnip crisps and you used to be able to get packets of root veg crips and they were soooo good! Think I might have to invest in one of these haha...love crisps! Thanks x

Thanks Debz for resurrecting this thread. Bugger tho that we have to syn them. Kwise1, where do you get the flavour shakes from like you mentioned? x

I have just found out that my crisp maker is winging it's way from HONG KONG ! so it might be a while before I start to make mine - have a bit of a red face now.

Tee hee................ah well.

time2bslim did you buy urs from a seller called dvd_go_go? I've just bought one too from Hong Kong lol! x

Ok, sorry to bring up this argument again, but if I just choose one big jacket potato and use that, surely it's the same as having the amount of the said jacket potato and therefore wouldn't have to syn it? *runs and hides* x

nope it will still be syns I am afraid (although nice try ;))

When making these, the potatoes are less dense and therefore not as filling. They are also the majority of the time going to be eaten as a snack and not part of a filling meal where a 1/3 superfree is included.

Making anything from a free food into one of the foods that do not qualify as a free food (mainly snacks) becomes syns. This has to be done to limit your consumption of them, otherwise it is easy to over indulge.

1 medium sized potato for instance is approx 167 calories, that is more calories than a packet of baked crisps you buy from a supermarket and no one would buy those and not syn them.

It may seem at times like SW are being mean, but they have to put some rules in place otherwise we are not following the plan 100% and it is when you move outside those rules that you may affect your weight loss or even worse experience a gain.

furrysmudge said:
Thanks Debz for resurrecting this thread. Bugger tho that we have to syn them. Kwise1, where do you get the flavour shakes from like you mentioned? x

Hi

Ordering from www.crazy4flavour.co.uk - they have maltsalt and a bacon flavour and a baconcheese flavour.

I ordered mine from Hong Kong - took a week- but they have now disappeared- oh well, so ordered more from the same as yourself as 4 will fit a microwave. OH ordered one which is bigger that has a dip bit in the centre.

I know it is food abuse, but they are fun to make, no oil whatsoever is required ( not even frylight) and the kids ( and me) love them. Only make a small batch at the weekend.

Kx

Back