Yummy Yummy Bars.

NettyJ

They are so yummy that i am frightened they are going to reflect in this weeks weightloss. i can see that they have more calories.

has anyone experienced lower weightloss since starting on the bars??

Yep some people do find that weightloss slows a bit and find a difference when they then do a 'no bars' week. I didn't find them as filling as shake,soup or mousse so I only have a couple a week. If I have too many in the store cupboard they are too tempting!!

I have one a day and have been OK with losses. The peanut bars have less carbs than shakes, even though calories maybe slightly higher (but it really is minimal)

After being knocked out of ketosis after a blip i decided not to have the bars for a few days and I've managed fine without them so might just get a few per week when i get my supplies tomorrow at my WI. Dont think they have affected my losses though, I've had one ech day from week 2-9 and had good losses. They are really yummy though, hmm.... not sure what to get tomorrow now!

I think the bars are ok.

I'm on week 3 & my CDC told me to only have 3 in the first week as one a day might knock me out of ketosis. I said they didn't the last time i was on the CD so we agreed on 4 for the first week & i got 7 for next week.

I only got the orange bars & the cranberry & have half of each in the evening.
I have to say i don't find them anywhere near as filling as the soups & shakes.
When i go back in 2 weeks time i doubt i'll get any bars..... plus it'll save me a bit of money as they bars cost more.
Don't know about weight loss, will find out on monday when i weigh myself.

I have been doing cd for 18 weeks and have had the bars 5 days out of 7 and dont seem to have had any effect on my weight loss.. We are all different so I guess some people it may you could always limit yourself to a certain amount a week.
I love the bars yum yum xx

I love the bars but limit myself to 4 or 5 a week.If I could I would eat 3 a day :D

I've become a bit of a bar fan - 5 a week, and have not noticed that my weight loss has slowed.

Ive been ill the last 2 days and have no been able to stomach shakes so ive had to bars on each day instead of shakes and im 2lb lighter this morning.... i guess it depends on the individual:)

I must say when I had 1 bar a day my losses slowed by 1-2 lbs. So now I will only buy 2 for the week, and once they are gone - they are gone! lol

But I have seen people say that they have 1 bar a day and don't notice any difference in their weight losses. So everyone differs. I'd certainly give 1 a day a go and find out!

Hugs x x x

I have a bar a day EVERY day and my losses have been mixed and it has NOT been the bars that have affected my bad wks(just trust me on that)...it has been a family wedding one wk and the next total stupidity so I say to you this diet is hard enough and with a bar to look forward to every night it is that alone that keeps me sane so never ever going without my daily bar.....even if I am posting here at ninety....lol.x

I have had a bar every day this week (first week I'm allowed bars) and it seems my weight loss has slowed down, but have no idea whether it is to do with the bars. I'm planning on having 5-7 bars next week as well and see how I go.

I only just restarted CD on Tuesday but had a bar on my first day and on my second day.

I know I'm not supposed to do that but I have a lot of bars left (from previous attempt on CD) which are going out of date at the end of June. I thought I might as well use them and take the risk of it affecting me getting into Ketosis.

Luckily I went into Ketosis yesterday on Day 2, which would feel quick even if I'd just had shakes/soups, so obviously the bars didn't have any negative effect for me, thankfully! We're all different though and I guess my first weigh in next week will be the indicator as to whether I should have risked the bars or not.

Time will tell & I might regret it ;)

My kinda girl Mochaj............reserve judgement until weigh in and keep us posted...............x

My CDC said it shouldn't make any difference and as long as I drink extra water I don't think it will. I only bought 2 bars to have on the two days that I start late in the day so that I can sit down and have them after dance classes while watching telly. I have just had my first the orange one or as i told my daughter, my 'chocolate orange' and she was so jealous when she saw it! I broke it up and froze it and it took longer to chew then. I really enjoyed it!

Hi ya - Just wanted to joing the thread to say for anyone who likes th bars, I have one shake and 2 bars a day (in winter I had soup for lunch) - am two lbs away from 5 stone since Jan and I started having bars on my 3rd week so they don't seem to have stopped the weight loss. I couldn't live without the caramel bars now! Totally hooked!

Recommend plenty of water with them toox

I have found that the bars do slow my losses down, I did last week with just shakes and 4l of water a day (which I normally drink) and have lost 4lbs, I'm usually averaging 3lbs if I'm lucky!

I asked my counsellor if they slow down weighloss and she said there is no way Cambridge would produce something that would affect your level of weightloss. It wouldn't make any sense. It hasn't affected me and I have one a day during work lunch.

Back