yyx99 rtefeed diary

Thanks for your message :)

I think you'll need the expert LTer though as the CD refeed is so different. It would take about 6 weeks to get up to that calorie level so I'm a bit confused over how LT introduces the food groups such as carbs and extra calories.

I'll still have a stab though :D You have some carbs there, but in replacement for the shakes, so probably not much extra...shouldn't account for much glycogen/water gain.

If you have gained (as you said you might have in your message), it could be because your metabolism is still running slow after the VLCD (Which will happen) and the sudden rush of extra cals has happened before it's had time to catch up.

It could be because bodies are weird; water retention etc will happens during the diet and after....sigh.

Ummm. Wish I could help you further, but don't know enough about LT refeed. Is it always that fast? When do more carbs come into the factor? How do they tell you how to do it?

Sorry...more questions than answers here :D

Hi KD,

thanks for the support.

thought that I would give you a link to the refeed program. no mention on calories but only last for 7 days. have stayed away from bread & pots as thought that would be bad.

http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-refeeding/24170-refeeding-after-lipotrim-total-food-replacement-without-excessive-weight-regain.html

Okay, just had a quick skim. A pretty sound introduction to food. Much, much quicker than CD which takes a minimum of 8 weeks though :eek:, but nevertheless, the right idea...just fastforwarded :D

Blimey...don't agree with the Fat makes you Fat though :eek: Too many calories make us fat...but anyway, I digress.

Bread and potatoes are good :) Chose complex ones. Wholemeal or seeded bread (truly yum...can't stand the white stuff now), potatoes in their skins.

Don't be afraid of them. Unless you plan for low carbing for the rest of your life, you are going to have the glycogen gain at some point. With CD, the carbs are brought back whilst the cals are very low to compensate, but you can do it your own way. Just don't be scared. It's not fat regain and if you focus too much on what the scales say vs what you are eating, then this is going to be a very tough ride;)

Just introduce them slowly though. Maybe a slice of bread one day and a small jacket potato the next? After all a slice of bread hasn't got that many more carbs than the average VLCD shake.

You'll be fine...just need to gradually get your body back to normal levels with glycogen so you can eat 'normally'

As I thought this had been a bad week. Weighed in and have put on 3lbs.

Will be meeting up with a CD counsellor on Monday to transfer over to CD to sort myself out.

Back