zebredys' Weight Loss Diary - Its for life now

Thanks. Regarding the weight loss, I hope I lose loads, but I don't feel like I've lost anything. I said that last week and lost 1.5lbs so maybe I could do the same again this week?

I put you to shame, reading that kinda made laugh, as this time last month, if someone had paid me to sit on my back side and do sweet f a, I think I'd be loaded. :ashamed0005: I'm actually ashamed of how I used to be.

Doing WW I now know where I have gone wrong, yes the food needed to change and so did the portion size, but I needed to get out more (which is hard cause the weight I have put on made exercise, when I first started, quite hard to do for long periods of time)

Anyway, the gym in Hornchurch does an offer where you can get 12 swimming sessions for the price of 10, which cost wise is probably what my hubby and I will end up doing, and with his bad shoulder and the fact I don't want to go alone, that probably at the moment is the best option for us.

Regarding the Wii, its certainly a step in the right direction. Its used all the time in our house, and is certainly doing the trick of helping us to lose those much needed lbs..

I want it gone now, NOW you hear me NOW, :cry: ah I know its going to take time. I still look in that mirror and see the person I saw when I started WW, but I'm confident that if I carry on the way I am now, I should be at least 2stone lighter, this time next year (fingers crossed, and anything else I can cross while I'm at it lol)

Go me another 30minutes of exercise on the Wii, an aching body and a bright red face for all my effort:crazy: hehe!!

Another step closer to my goal (I hope)

__

I was thinking about this the other day. Is it good not to eat so much in the morning and afternoon, in order to save points for later in the day..

I only have 20 points per day, and often I will have over half of those points for dinner. What is even worse is on a Wednesday (which is my weigh in day) I like to save points and not eat so much as I like to have a little treat after weigh ins, but also somehow I've got it into my head (rightly or wrongly) that if I eat to much food before my weigh in then I may not show as much of a loss as I can.

Whether true or not, is this a good thing for me to be doing? I dunno, I sure hope so.

3 and half hours to go till I head of to my WW meetings (yeah I know sad hey, I am now time checking on a Wednesday till when I have to go and get weighed)

Of to Doctors to drop of OH prescription (trust me to go yesterday, late on in the day not knowing they were closing early due to a meeting ) then maybe some more Wii some tv, and another hop on the net to read the great posts on here.

What an exciting life I lead :):(

Hi, just read through your diary. Your doing so well as is your other half.
I think you did the right thing in telling him he looked like he had lost even when you couldnt really see it. Im the same with mine, its encouraging to know your efforts are showing (even if in reality they arnt just yet, they will eventually if you carry on).

I do think that it doesnt look like you are eating very much at lunch time, one peice of toast and an apple isnt alot of food at all.
Maybe you could try having something else? What about cooking more pasta in the evenning when you have it so that you can have cold pasta salad the next day if pasta is something you like.
Soup is also a good choice, 0 point soup and a slice of bread would be the same/less points but alot more filling and more nutritious and you can very the flavours so that its not so boring. or you can add small bits of pasta to it for extra filling potential. You could try breaking up spagetti into small bits to add or asda do small brown pasta shells that are for children that would be nice in soup, i got some the other day. Also the soup freezes so there is always something to hand if needed.

You doing relaly well on the excercise front to. Lots of little bits of activity add up, and ive read that its actually almost as good as doing one long session, so keep it up! Encouraging your other half to excercise more is difficult but really good if you can convince him!

I dont think eating more before weigh in will make any diffrence if you eat a similar amount every wednesday. ie dont have a massive lunch/breakfast one week but nothing at all the next week. It all evens itsself out anyway so it wouldnt make much diffrence what you ate, to your overall weight loss over a few weeks.
Keep up the fantastic effort you are and im sure you will have fab losses. I get the thing about other people having big losses and thinking are you doing enough....i feel that, i only lose a pound a week at most usually unless ive done alot more excercise than normal or sometimes its for no reason. just remeber that other people might be doing alot more excercise, eating less than they are meant to, or just might have alot more to lose than you. Take your time and dont worry about other peoples losses. You are doing brilliantly hun x

Also it would be worth getting a micro grater that grates really finely as it makes a small portion of cheese go alot further. When i had cheese i could make an 11g serving of cathedral city light cover my whole pizza/dish nicely. Every bit was covered in cheese and it made it so much better. I would have had to have about 50g of cheese at least to cover the same area just because it is grated into bigger peices. You can get them everywhere or some graters come with other size holes. Mine was from asda.

Thanks for the post.

Re: eating more or different things at lunch, its hard, cause I still have not got 100% a hang of these points. I see people saying dinner was 5 points tonight etc and I look and see mine is 9points+ most the time.

Yesterday was different, its the first time in a long time I tried just having brown pasta with a home made sauce and a tiny bit of cheese (which I forgot to add when pointing but still didn't go over my points so all is good:)) no meat was added at all.

So saying that, I usually think because I need to save a lot for dinner, I don't have a lot of points for lunch, so there isn't much out there that I can eat that I would be happy eating (apart from good old 0point jelly)

The grater sounds like a fantastic idea will be checking that out on the weekend, and regarding the 0 pointed soup I have just started with making them, but need to find some more recipe ideas, i.e. ideas of what to add, as just adding a few veg and some liquid together does not sound very appetising to me yet, though my mums butter-nut squash soup she made, was ok...

Lost another 1lbs :) though at this rate what with my weight lose amount decreasing each week, who knows what I might lose next week:( Yeah I know a loss is a loss and all that, but still I really wanted more. I really want to be under 12stone before I go to a Sci-Fi type do in Milton Keynes (in aid of McMillan cancer support)

On another note, my hubby lost 3lbs :clap::happy036: Now he only needs to lose another 2lbs and he will be half a lbs under 17 stone. He hasn't been under 17stone for over 10 years, so fingers crossed and all that :)

Last edited:
Todays mission is to try to stay clear of bread (well at least until tomorrow)

I think I do eat way to much of the stuff, and I'm going to try and see what else is in the kitchen that I can eat for lunch instead.

Could try some soup, but I always like to have that with a slice of bread (or even 5 or 6 slices lol)

I will think of something... (I have too)

B - Cheerios and milk - 2p

L - Tesco light choice tomato soup - 1.5p

D - Chicken and white sauce in wrap x 2 plus 60g brown pasta and cheese

Snack - 2x WW meringue bars 1.5 and jelly 0p - 3p

Last edited:
Hey hon, well done on the 1lb loss! That's really great :) I used to feel really disheartened when I 'only' lost a pound, then someone showed me this:
1+lb+fat.jpg

Now I don't mind if that's 'all' that comes off :)

You're doing really , really well, and I also understand ur thing with the bread :p - have you tried the WW bread? it's half a point per slice, I really like it :) as is the nimble bread (i think! lol ) Might be worth a try :) xx

The photo was very inspiring thanks. To know that even if only a lbs is coming of and that's what an lbs is, seems a lot more then I thought..

I did try the bread when it was on special in a local supermarket, but didn't really like it that much. For some reason its ok for dipping in soup, so might buy some just for that.

I did have something different for lunch today which made a change (no bread in site), some Tesco light choice tomato soup, and it actually didn't taste that bad (not a lot different from Heinz), may try some on my hubby tonight to see what he thinks as he swears by Heinz and has tried many other brands with no luck and really wants to find something lower in points as an alternative...

Forgot to mention that I did spend some time on the Wii today, and Matthew (my OH) said he didn't mind spending some time on Wii Fit Plus tonight with me :) :happy036:

I always use that pic when I feel frustrated that it's not more, cheers me up quickly, and I guess that's why on the week's I have put 1 or so on, I can actually feel it...lol..

Doing well hon, and woo for the OH saying he'll do it with u tonite :) Mine just looked at me funny when I said we should get a Wii fit.... men! :p

You're doing so well. It is so hard! And bread is just so easy! Do you not like salad. That is a good one. A ww pitta is 1.5 points You only need one. Homemade soup is so easy and 0 points. I ahve just made a huge pan full. Bouillon stock, cabbage, BNS, carrots, boiled up and whizzed wirh the hand blender. Sesoned with som black pepper. It really is the business. I can't get veg down my eldest daughter but she'll eat a huge bowl of that. Good for the winter. Also do you like omelettes? Scrambled egg and lean bacon? As for evening meals that are lower. Omellette? Steak and salad or veg? Bolognaise but with veg rather than spaghetti? Ready meals with extra veg oer salad?

Doing well hon, and woo for the OH saying he'll do it with u tonite :) Mine just looked at me funny when I said we should get a Wii fit.... men! :p

Well he did think the Wii fit was a bit of a waist of money at first, then when he saw it round my mums house and new how serious I was about using it, he gave in :) though we didn't actually end up using it last night :eek: we went for a long walk for 45minutes - 1hr last night, and I think I enjoyed that more, especially as we could walk hand in hand, just chatting nicely to one another about stuff.. He's the best :0chacha:

You're doing so well. It is so hard! And bread is just so easy! Do you not like salad. That is a good one. A ww pitta is 1.5 points You only need one. Homemade soup is so easy and 0 points. I ahve just made a huge pan full. Bouillon stock, cabbage, BNS, carrots, boiled up and whizzed wirh the hand blender. Sesoned with som black pepper. It really is the business. I can't get veg down my eldest daughter but she'll eat a huge bowl of that. Good for the winter. Also do you like omelettes? Scrambled egg and lean bacon? As for evening meals that are lower. Omellette? Steak and salad or veg? Bolognaise but with veg rather than spaghetti? Ready meals with extra veg oer salad?

Although I like my veg, I'm not one for salads like lettuse, cucumber or beetroot, whole tomatoes :yuk: (well maybe the first two are ok in a sandwich with tuna or something, but not on there own lol)

That where problems lie when it comes to eating less points but still eating a lot of food at once :( I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Didn't post much yesterday. Well went to Lakeside and enquired about a job at a place I used to work at (fingers crossed there)

We went out to eat, my fault we didn't have stuff at home to make anything to eat and by the time my OH got home it was too late to go to the local shops and get something (seeing as I had to see a man about a job last night)

We had a Pizza Express meal and a starter each. Even though we ate out we still didn't go over our points for the day which I was really pleased about.

Yesterday -
Breaksfast - Cereal 2p

Lunch - butter toast with beans 4p

Dinner - Garlic Bread and half a Pizza (the smaller ones they do) came to 11p with OH help

Snacks - 2 x ww bars and jelly 3p

So stayed within my points yay...

Way to go!! Pizza Express an within points. That's where doing it with your partner helps

Yeah totally, plus when the waitress came with our bill, she said that if she had known we were sharing she would have offered us a thinner but bigger pizza (Now I know why the main course seemed so small)

I've been away from this site for too long..

Saturdays meals were

cereal was 2p
tesco 3 LC sponge lemon cakes were 3p
2 x choc rolls 4p
banana 1.5
and sausage in roll well 3p for sausage and god knows what roll was, but I didn’t eat the whole thing gave 1/3 away at least…

Dinner - Most disgusting ww meal I have ever tried (could just be me) macaroni cheese, and it seemed to have no taste to it, so bland. Never again - 5.5p

________

I think I went off my points by a 1.5 yesterday and a few more today, but I did loads of exercise and don't usually use my exercise points so if I go over assidently I have them to fall back on (yeah I know its not a habit I want to get into :()

My hubby is off at the mo you see, (not that that should be an excuse) and he doesn't think oh she only had 20points, he just eats as if he's gona have 12-16 left for dinner when by that stage most my point (some if not all) are gone

Yesterday / Sunday - We went out and I made some sandwiches but only realised when I was making the things that it was thick bread, and as the filling was that wafer thin type ham you get from tesco for £1, I put 3 slices in as well, which I don'y usually do. I ate the banana as well and some cakes and also some more 1p cakes later? So I to save me from going to much over I had to have a small salmon with veg dinner, which was really low in points..

Breakfast didn't help things, was trying to do something different as it was a special few days off and used 5 just for that..

ww roll and butter - 2p
2 tesco light choice sausages – 3p
3tesco light choice lemon sponge cakes – 3p
sandwich – 3 x thin smoked ham filling, 2 x thick bread with butter – 6
banana – 1.5
packet of crisps 1.5
3tesco light choice lemon sponge cakes – 3p
dinner – salmon and steamed veg – 2p

Thats what I ate yesterday and it came to 22p and Im only supposed to have 20p

To top it all off I went over again today and I actually don't care cause its my anniversary and I didn't think to hell with the diet, but well its one special day a year and why can't I treat myself once or twice a year at most hey? Especially as I don't think I went that many over...

cheerios and milk -2p

1 and half packets of ww nachos 1.5

sandwich– 2 x thin smoked ham and one turkey filling, 2 x thick bread with butter – 6

Frankie and Bennys pasta dish and half a desert - (not to sure on points here but to play it safe, not having much else today)

Last edited:
Going to start posting at least once a day properly from tomorrow if possible as I seem to be posting things and trying to catch up with myself, which is actually what I feel like I am doing with my points in a a way.

After going to mountfitchet castle with my hubby on Monday and having loads of fun, (especially worth it just for the toy museum) I didn't think we would be doing much else while he was off (he is back tomorrow) but along with going shopping in Romford, today we went for a really good walk

So chuffed that we went from our house to the fish farm/shop just the other side of Upminster. It worked out as 5miles and what with all the up hill down hill bits we were out for over 2hrs. It didn't feel that long at all, and was loads of fun. I can't wait to do it again.

This weekend we might be going to Southend seafront and walking along all of that, Im praying for no rain and for it not to be too hot (I hate walking when its too hot)

Anyway a great few days, even though I went over by 1 or 2 points a couple times, I did (hopefully) work it off with all thwe walking we have been doing..

So fingers crossed for tonight, but if not (well at least I know why)

Ok off to my weigh in now :)

Good luck for your weigh in x

Matt and I gained weight, but it was our anniversary this week (I know no excuses). Anway we will lose next week and hopefully every week after that. One bad week does not mean we have fallen completely off the bandwagon.

See it did upset me at first when I realised I had gained more then I lost last week, but then I realised if I stuck with it I could lose the 1.5lbs I gained, and more. So am back raring to go...

As I said, only have myself to blame for the weight loss so there is no use crying about spilt milk..

Back