Zero Coke and similar?

Giza

Read here recently that someone was using Zero Cokes. I was surprised as I thought these diet drinks were a no-no on a VLCD. I used to swig loads of these when dieting before the VLCD and haven't touched one since starting. Dug around in the older posts and found this from a diet advisor (dates from 2006).

Mmmm! Coke Zero!
I had a lady who isn't under me but regulary mails me for a chat who has been on SS since January with absolutely no problems. She then had a can of Coke Zero last week and within a few hours started feeling very hungry and then started to eat food. I realise that these drinks have little or no carbs etc and no calories but the natural flavourings can cause food cravins so my advice to all my clients is do not drink it! If it knocks you off the diet was it really worth it!

Would be grateful for the latest advice on Diet Cokes.

Thats what worries me, that I'll give in to cravings. Part of my 'getting healthy' thing includes kicking all fizzy drinks so I won't be having any at all. I have no experience to offer, I just know in the past I lived on sugar-free fizzy pop and always felt ill, headachy and gassy. I know cutting them out really made a difference!

Thanks MiniM. I've had the same experiences. Instinct tells me they might not be fine for me either!

I think I'm really lucky that I like plain old boring water. I don't drink tea or coffee, though I am having a cup of green tea a day now for a wee bit of variety! My problem is trying not to drink too much- evenings are the worst for me, sitting snacking so I sit and drink water instead. But too much is a bad thing, apparently.

Thats interesting Starlight, I'll have to see as the diet progresses whether I get to the point where having Coke Zero is a good thing. One thing I do like though is the cost- I like all this free tap water instead of shelling out for pop!

I'm really into sparkling mineral water. I drink a litre of that per day, sometimes towards the early evening when I'm at my weakest and the sachets are done. I know there's a risk of sodium overload but fizzy water swigging really seems to hit the spot now that I've weaned myself off the diet drinks. Having said that, diet sodas did once take the edge of the hunger pangs, as Starlight points out.

Starlight- just saw your sig. Did you really lose 18lb in one week!??!!?

In 8 days - yes :party0049:

Thats interesting Starlight, I'll have to see as the diet progresses whether I get to the point where having Coke Zero is a good thing. One thing I do like though is the cost- I like all this free tap water instead of shelling out for pop!

Asda diet coke is 50p for 2 litres ;)

I don't like fizzy water. Tastes like pop without the flavour! I'd add a water flavour but the ones I got (from Slim and Save website!) apparently can kick you out of ketosis! So I'm sticking to one a day max, maybe even none a day if I ever need to add my veg allowence (doing 3 MRPs a day so far)

I don't like fizzy water. Tastes like pop without the flavour! I'd add a water flavour but the ones I got (from Slim and Save website!) apparently can kick you out of ketosis! So I'm sticking to one a day max, maybe even none a day if I ever need to add my veg allowence (doing 3 MRPs a day so far)

I'm not far off reaching for the Zero coke if that's the sort of weight loss Starlight achieves!!!! Seriously, I'm addicted to the fizzy water now! Don't fancy the water flavour stuff, esp. as there seems to be a question mark over some of them and maintaining ketosis.

In 8 days - yes :party0049:

Asda diet coke is 50p for 2 litres ;)

Ooooooh- Asda is my closest supermarket so maybe, in the future, thats a posibility!

Well done on the weightloss, thats really inspirational! I'm weighing tomorrow. I sort of started on Tuesday using a sample pack and Tesco/BL bars but my order didn't some in time so I did eat one meal (well, a packet of ham!) My first proper, stick to Slim and Save day was yesterday so I don't know how it'll go! I really, really hope tomorrow night I get to put a :checkmark green: by my first goal of getting to 14st!

I'm not far off reaching for the Zero coke if that's the sort of weight loss Starlight achieves!!!! Seriously, I'm addicted to the fizzy water now! Don't fancy the water flavour stuff, esp. as there seems to be a question mark over some of them and maintaining ketosis.

I really wish I'd known that before I ordered, as I had one and really liked it then saw a post as I was drinking it saying that it contained citric acid! I didn't even realise that would be a problem. Very new to this!

I really wish I'd known that before I ordered, as I had one and really liked it then saw a post as I was drinking it saying that it contained citric acid! I didn't even realise that would be a problem. Very new to this!

Same here Mini but I'm learning fast! I was doing so many things that would have held me back if not for the superb advice on this site. Just keep asking questions - that's what I do and someone more experienced usually has an answer! Brilliant site for those of us going it alone!

I'm so glad I found this site. I actually saw it through a parenting site (I'm not even a parent, I'm a nanny!) and popped on. I had heard of Cd and Slimfast, and LL but mainly in a negetive context. Very glad for the support, I lurk all over and post on every thread to keep my mind off the dreaded snacking!

Back