Zero Noodles??

thanks 4 the reply the guy at the supermarket has held back 5 packs for me on Saturday and seems really knowledgeable about the products so will ask him when I go to get them on Saturdayxx

So off I went to pick up my noodles yesterday and have to say I LOVE THEM!!!!! Just made a fab stir fry of chicken, some onion, mushrooms,garlic, ginger, chilli's and a splash of soy sauce then topped it with a big handful of coriander. So filling and was delicious. I would definatley recommend scouting and contacting your local asian supermarkets for these as I got mine for 0.99p for 170g packet. They would deffo work in a spag bol or any pasta dish as well....and I thought staying on induction was gonna be tough lol.

i've had the same red thai noodle stir fry for tea every night this week! i cant get enough. im on the 'pig 2 twig' forum as well and they dont really like them on there, so i was put off for about a year, so glad they came recommended here :)

and thats so cheap sarahjpg, i will definitely have to source an asian supermarket near me (shouldn't be too hard, its london for gawds sake!)

oh u should deffo be able to find them in London!!!!!! (thats where I'm from originally lol) I'm now in Margate so had to go to Canterbury to get them and mmm the red thai noodles sounds good to me mite have to try that tomorrow xxx

Knickers please could you share your red thai noodles recipe in the recipe section...id love to try it as i tend to eat zero noodles every night for dinner and need some variations on chicken laksa. Also your so lucky to get them so cheap, i have tried all my local asian supermarkets around surrey/london and they are usually around £1.70 per 170g pack! so i get mine online :-(

Just had spaghetti bolognese. Was quite nice. Noodles were chewier and slightly rubbery. Some bites it tasted like normal spaghetti, others u could tell it was different but it was decent.

I used low carb sauce and organic mince. 8.2g carbs for a large bowl.

It won't be a weekly meal but perhaps 2-3 times a month.

I bought some of these noodles recently but i don't know if I'll get them again cos of the cost and the packet is rather small.

hey zzjanliz, its already in the sticky 'just recipes' its on the last page i think

Thanks Knickers, I actually tried your zero noodle red thai recipe and loved it! I will definately be makeing that one regularly.:)

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to let you know about this recipe i tried last night with shirataki noodles as i works really well.
Its is noodles in peanut satay sauce and is definately worth a try:

zero noodles
Handful of sliced carrots
Handful of broccoli florets
Handful of sliced mushrooms
Small handful of spring onions and chives
1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
Splash of soy sauce
Splash of fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon honey
Handful of diced red pepper
In a nonstick frying pan, put in a tablespoon of water and bring to the boil. Add all the vegetables, cover and simmer for 4 minutes (until the veggies go tender).
Add the spring onion, chives, ginger, garlic and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
In a non stick pan, mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, the lime juice, honey and a splash of water then heat on low for a few minutes until it mixes. Then add the noodles and vegetables to the mix and heat through for a further minute or two.
Add the peppers, and cook for another minute

Will give it a try, zzjanliz, Thanks!:) I can't live without noodles, must try to look for alternatives.

I have found somewhere to purchase these on the London/Surrey Borders at £1.48 per 200g pack.

There is a Korean supermarket in New Malden. If anyone knows the area it's under the A3 flyover; you have B&Q on your left then Halfords then Big Yellow Storage. If you take the entrance for Big Yellow there is also a sign for Korean supermarket which is round the back.

It is useful to take or have ready on your phone the name and a pic of the packet as the staff in there only really knew what I wanted once I showed them a picture but they were really helpful.

I would also add although I've not tried any yet...I felt a little cheated buying these as the packet it 200g but this is really made up of the water the noodles are in. I hope their worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back