Zero noodles

Lol loopylorns I like to think of them as more like beansprouts than worms, makes them go down easier! Had a yummy stirfry yesterday, noodles and shredded cabbage and a splash of soy sauce. Scrum!

I have never tried these noodles so have no idea how they taste but i was wondering if they would be any good to mix with chicken stock & chicken breast to make a sort of chicken noodle soup? or even just a chicken noodle type dish like our very own carb free super noodles :)

They are supposed to take the flavour of the dish they are in. So yes they could probably be used for that.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah I think they'd taste similar to super noodles, but they wouldnt go all gloopy, I think they'd still stay quite firm in a sauce. Yummy though!

I use these most days! They've been a godsend while I've been on a VLCD and I plan to continue eating them now I'm in maintenance. I don't see the point in 'wasting' roughly 300 calories on real pasta or noodles when they're just a filler really.
I rinse mine thoroughly before using, drain them and then I microwave them for about 1.5 mins (for half the pack) I find that after that I'm able to drain off even more water so they don't make my meal too sloppy/watery.

The only variety I don't like is the 'penne' pasta from Slim Pasta....that really does taste rubbery to me, and I think they look a bit weird because they're kind of translucent rather than cream in colour like normal pasta.

Each to their own I suppose though!

I just had some fried in water with mushrooms and onion. I mixed it with extra light phili ( my protein, as hate meat) and a cheeky dash of soy sauce and a few herbs.

It was a plateful and absolutely gorgeous. They tasted like real noodles.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love the eat water ones :) I bought a group on for 25 packs for £20 bargain... I got noodles, spaghetti, rice, fettuccine and penne version drain them wash them well and bung in the microwave perfect :) love them

I bought that deal as well on groupon but I don't really like them. I only tried the penne one and it was too rubbery. Might put them all on eBay! X

I'd try the noodles or the spaghetti before you decide. I think the penne are vile, but I like the others.
I sold my penne on its own on EBay, got what I paid for them as well, so somebody must like them :)

Hi Alex, just wanted to say wow! to your weight loss, well done!! How long have you been maintaining for?

Aw, thank you. It's only been three weeks so far and I've not really been in a maintenance frame of mind so far as I've been trying to build up a Christmas comfort zone.
I'm swapping to intermittent fasting on Saturday though, so wish me luck. It's just taken me 2 hours to do an online grocery shop as I've no idea what to eat! (That's definitely a first for me!)
X

Can someone please link me to the noodles please?

I'm on exante right now but sometimes have a protein and veg meal and some noodles would be a nice change.

Hiya,
I'm finding it great so far thanks...although I haven't weighed myself yet so I might be doing a big u-turn this time next week ;)
My first down day was pretty easy to be honest, and I certainly got value out of my 500 calories (partly due to these noodles). The up days have been slightly harder if anything though! Obviously it's great to be able to eat, but I'm trying strike a balance between healthy eating, which I really enjoy, and having a bit of what I fancy without it seeming like a binge-fest and without the guilt aspect too. I'll get there I'm sure....it's just a change of mindset really, but I'm loving it so far. DD number 2 tomorrow, and then I might have a sneaky mid-week weigh in on Wednesday.
x

Well done so far! Maintenance is definitely the trickiest bit, but it sounds like you've got a great plan to find that balance... a bit of what you fancy without the all out binge! Hope to get there myself one day too!

Back