Zumba away the pounds

Eggbieboo

Hi,
So....my first diary entry :)

OK, I go by the name Eggbieboo
;) I'm 26 for a few more months and I have a 3 year old son. I have just rejoined Rosemary Conley classes after having some success with them a year ago. Unfortunately last time, the friend going with me and who drove us there, I can't drive, got jealous of my weightloss and ended up quitting which meant I could no longer go. Luckily, I've been able to go back and am looking forward to reaching goal weight this time. I WILL do it, come hell or high water. The class also includes a Zumba workout. I have to say, I love Zumba, the music is fab, I can follow the moves *most of the time* and it's just makes me feel great. At the moment I am just attending the one class but my friend and I are hoping to start a second class this Friday at the local leisure centre.

So far (in two weeks) I have lost 10lbs :D and I'm feeling very motivated, long may it last!
:angeldevil:

Oops can't believe its two weeks since I started this diary and I haven't been back to update it, time flies even when you aren't having fun ;) and the last two weeks have been a big mix of fun and utterly sucky. I've been doing well on the diet and weightless front and have lost another 4lbs, meaning I have now lost 1 stone in 4 weeks :) I've also added two more Zumba classes in to my week, I now Zumba on Monday, Tuesday and Friday evenings, two of the classes are at the local ensure centre and the pace is a lot faster than my rosemary Conley Zumba. I love all the classes though, the differences make them more interesting. This week iplan to complete a couple of kettlebell workouts at home too. I've finally discovered workouts that I love to do. Yey.

Thankyou lauralozzle :)

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself this weekend. My parents came to visit so we took them out for a pub meal at harvester. So much yummy sounding food on the menu but in the end I chose a grilled chicken breast burger. I gave the fries it came with to my dad and had extra salad from the salad bar instead. (lettuce, carrots, cucumber and peppers with a low fat dressing). For pudding I chose fruit skewers (strawberry, pineapple, honeydew melon and watermelon) they came with some icecream....my dad go that too. Not sure if that's lucky dad or poor dad lol.

Fiday night I went to my usual Zumba class. It was great as always, favourite track at the moment is probably cotton eye joe. I was slightly annoyed because we ended up being at the back and in the corner. Next to us were three women who were clearly attending for the first time and seemed very confused by it all, now the beauty of zumba is that 1. The steps aren't that complicated 2. If you aren't sure just move anyways, no one minds. Instead they stood stock still *****ing about it and not even trying to take part, it was seriously distracting and they were getting in the way. Bit of a relief when they left half way through, I hope they find a class more to their liking soon because I do think it's a shame that they seemed so put off.

Booked in to another Zumba class tomorrow night. This afternoon we are going out to soft play for a friends daughters birthday. I plan to drink coffee and ignore the cakes while my son runs around like a crazy thing and hopefully tires himself out. I might do a step workout at home tonight. Going to see if there are any videos on YouTube I can follow.

Are you all haing a good weekend??

Weekly weigh in

Weigh in and Zumba class last night and I lost another two pounds this week :D That brings my total weightloss to 16lbs in 5 weeks, I'm very happy with that. I seem to have settled in to a nice sensible 2lb loss each week,matter the initial big loss of 7lb. This isn't the biggest loser or a race, I want the weight to stay off and if going slow and steady works then I'm good with that.

Yey way to go!!!!! :D
2lb loss is fantastic!

Thankyou :D

Haing a not so great week this week. It's certainly not up to my old standards of over eating but I've been picking at food here and there when I really shouldn't. Ended up stealing a bit of chocolate from someone and now it's kicked off the sugar cravings *sigh* so this week I'm going to be happy if I can scrape a maintain. However 3 more days until, weigh in day and I intend to stop the mindless snacking and get some good workouts in. I have Zumba class this evening at 7 and am really looking forward to a good sweat session. Bring it on.

Weigh in tonight. Feeling a bit nervous as my eating hasn't been fab this week, I've got three good workouts in plus plenty of walking so hopefully that will have had some impact. Another of my friends is joining me for rosemary Conley + Zumba class tonight. With three of us going I'm hoping it will be even more fun and added motivation, it's nice to have people to share the journey with even if they don't need to lose as much as me.

Been busy this afternoon crocheting a hat, I made a beanie, my first one, I'm super proud of it :) it kept me from snacking as well.

Check in later with results.

Back