ZUMBA baby!!!

Amina

Hey everyone,

If you go to Virgin active pleeeeaaaassseee go to this class! I have just been and it was awesome. A mixture of latin/salsa/african music and moves. Doesn't even feel like you are exercising but you get a great workout at your own pace!

Just google zumba to see more info

xxx

I do Zumba too! I have the DVD set with the rhythm sticks. :)

I have seen several lengthy TV adverts for Zumba on the freeview channels, which makes it look like a lot of fun.
I wonder if I can find a class without having to join a gym.
If you really rate this exercise Amina and Kookiedoh, then I feel I should give it a go?!
Thanks x

Sounds great but I will never set foot in a virgin active gym again!! We realised last year that they were still taking the monthly DD out of our joint account 18 months AFTER we cancelled it, they cheeky gits re set itup without our knowledge!!

We got all of our money back eventually but it was a long and drawn out fight!!!

I got my set off ebay. Only paid £20 for mine! You get about six DVDs. Two short ones - A 20 min cardio workout and an abs workout, and four hour long ones. A beginners instructional where you learn the moves step by step, a cardio workout, a toning workout where you use the rhythm sticks, and a live workout. You usually get the sticks free. They are slightly weighted and make a sound when you shake them. I do Zumba on top of loads of other stuff.

If you look on some of the websites out there, They sell funky dance clothes and they also run courses where you can train to be an instructor! :D

Yes, I have been searching on the internet. It seems that some parts of London are better covered for classes than others, so I will make some direct enquiries to dance studios and gyms in my area.
I never usually get enthusiastic about exercise (far from it) but this might be the way forward for a lazy type like me! x

Yes, I have been searching on the internet. It seems that some parts of London are better covered for classes than others, so I will make some direct enquiries to dance studios and gyms in my area.
I never usually get enthusiastic about exercise (far from it) but this might be the way forward for a lazy type like me! x

Sure beats running on a treadmill staring at a wall!

Last edited:
i go to zumba twice a week in glasgow and i LOVE it!!! its so much fun but really hard work!!!

amazing!!!

xcx

Back