zumba

Busybee

Silver Member
Hi all, need to up my exercise and came across Zumba, there is a class locally but before I go along and possibly kill myself, can anyone let me know is it strenuous and is it just for young people ( I am not that old but I don't want to stand at the back to try and hide my wrinkles!!!!)
Thanks for any advice.

I do Zumba from home and it is really good and surprisingly easy to learn and I have two left feet. Anyone can do it. It is hard work but it's also a lot of fun.

thank you for your advise, have you noticed the lbs coming off or a change in shape, how often do you do it....
many thanks

Hi busybee,

I've been attending zumba for about 6 weeks now. It's brilliant fun, looks easy but is harder than you think. If you have anything to wobble, you will feel it wobble lol.

After my first class, I was desperate for the week to fly by until my next one. I have now upped my Zumba to 2 classes a week.

There are kids there from the age of 10 to oap's, so every age and every size is covered. There are slim, fit people and heavy people, so it suits all.

I was allergic to the word exercise until I tried Zumba. :8855: I've now found the exercise for me as I love it. I have recommended it to workmates and friends, and any who have gone along loved it and have been attending faithfully every week.

I would recommend you give it a try and I guarantee, you will love it. Mark my words x

many many thanks for your positive reply. I am now looking forward to the class which starts tomorrow but making sure that I strap my wobbly bits down!!!!
:8855:which mu OH would say includes my mouth - cheek!

Let us know how you get on and what you think.

Have a blast x

OMG - Zumba was brilliant and I have definitely worked out. I was so impressed I have booked next week, wish they did a class on Thursday evening but as yet they don't so will have to continue with water aerobics! I even took my 18 year old along and she loved it, thanks for the heads up I am hooked.
:D

Told ye!! It's addictive, I'm wishing my life away :p I am willing the week to go by so I can go to my next class.

I was there tonight and I reckon I've burned a few calories :D:D

I could really feel it in my legs. It will be doing us good, keep it up and I bet your daughter is hooked too.

You don't feel as if it's exercise, it's fun, it's dancing and it's a good laugh :)

Go Zumba, shake that booty!!!

well, I think it is working it's magic. When I got home last night I didn't eat as much as I felt soooo good and also as it is so energetic, I drank lots more water.
And this morning, I felt energised and up for it as the youngsters say. i would like to think that is Zumba working, even found myself doing the steps whilst waiting for the kettle to boil at work so again I hope this is all encouraging. The weightloss will only tell next Monday at my WI but fingers crossed. Really recommend it ( can you tell :D)

Back