Zumba???

SlimmerSu

Gold Member
I really really want to go to a Zumba class.. It really appeals to me and i think it will do me a lot of good....

My dilemma is this:
I need to go on a Monday morning, BUT.. I weigh in on a Monday before i have my shake. At the moment i do the school run, drive to the pharmacy, get weighed, come home and then have my 1st shake... If i do the class, which is literally up the road from my pharmacy, i will not get to have my first shake till about 11.15am.. This in itself does not bother me, but what are the implications of me doing a physical workout without having my shake 1st?... It would not be viable to drive from my house to the weigh in, come home, have a shake, and then go back to where i was to do the class.

HELP!!! lol x x

Su.... Do not do an exercise class without a shake in you... You will probably pass out...

Have your shake earlier before the school run just for that day, it really shouldn't interfere with weigh in.

Xx

Hi Su
For the last 3 weeks, I've been going to the gym 5 weekday mornings and doing a very hefty workout and don't have my first shake until 12midday. I've had no adverse effects from this. I have a cup of tea in the morning with a tiny dash of full milk, I know you're not supposed to have milk, but it's never put me out of ketosis and it's only the tiniest dash to take the black colour off the tea. I drink half a litre of water before gym and 1.5 litres during. I don't think it will do you any harm to have first shake after workout - I certainly wouldn't let it put you off doing it! Good luck with it!
Suse

Thanks for that Amanda.... Can i not just have my Sunday night shake later, and have loads of water at the class?.. Please bear in mind i am not exactly Mrs Motivator and will probably not be able to follow it that well!! lol

I cannot have my shakes with just water (yuk!) so by the time they get slushy it is about 9.30am anyway! What will happen if i pass out? Will i end up in hospital, cos i am bound to lose weight eating hospital food!! lol x x

I wouldn't have been able to exercise without the shake, I'd have been dizzy quite quickly. Have you got one of the shakers?

Thank you Ssusee.. Have you always done exercise? I have done none for as long as i can remember.. Will this make a difference? x x

I wouldn't have been able to exercise without the shake, I'd have been dizzy quite quickly. Have you got one of the shakers?

I can't have my shakes without slushy ice Gemha so a shakeer wouldn't help much, would it?

I could only drink them ice cold, could you crush ice then add it to the water.

I could only drink them ice cold, could you crush ice then add it to the water.

I might try that.. Thanks Gemha x x

Hi Su
I have always exercised. If I go a few weeks without doing some form of exercise, I get depressed and start to pile on weight. Exercise releases endorphins into the blood stream so you feel really good after it. You will notice a huge difference, but maybe not immediately. For the first few days you may be a bit sore, this is only lactic acid in your muscles, stick with it and this will pass, by week 2, you'll be reaping the rewards on the scales AND your well being. The only word of warning I'll offer is you could feel really hungry afterwards, so it's good to time your first shake after you've finished. Best of luck with it & keep us informed of how you're getting on. BTW, what is ZUMBA?

It's a dance fitness class... It looks quite salsa, bollywood-ish.. Google it... It looks great fun!! lol

I only intend to go once a week initially, so i don't expect to see much improvement for a while, but if i end up in not being able to walk for days, i will not be going back EVER!! pmsl x x x

Zumba can be done at your own intensity, so take it at your own pace and don't worry about the footwork. I wouldn't drink too much water during the class - if you are properly hydrated before you begin you should only need a couple of mouthfuls or you could end up feeling sick.

I train on an empty stomach 5 mornings a week, and far harder exercise than Zumba - and its fine. The golden rule is that if you begin to feel unwell at all, then stop!!

Zumba is a dance based fitness programme, originally based purely on Latin American dance, but now on many dance styles from around the world. Its great fun!!!

BTW, I'm a Zumba instructor!

Zumba can be done at your own intensity, so take it at your own pace and don't worry about the footwork. I wouldn't drink too much water during the class - if you are properly hydrated before you begin you should only need a couple of mouthfuls or you could end up feeling sick.

I train on an empty stomach 5 mornings a week, and far harder exercise than Zumba - and its fine. The golden rule is that if you begin to feel unwell at all, then stop!!

Zumba is a dance based fitness programme, originally based purely on Latin American dance, but now on many dance styles from around the world. Its great fun!!!

BTW, I'm a Zumba instructor!

WOW.. What a coincidence!!

I will definitely take your advice hun.. Thank you so very very much.. I will make sure i drink loads beforehand, and keep a check on how i am feeling... I will report back tomorrow x x

Back