Day two...

Livvi

So yesterday I started Exante TS. I'll be quite honest, it wasn't a total success.

I started the day with an apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast which I found almost unbearable and had to knock back in a similar way to how I would drink Sambuca or Vodka. I couldn't really complain though as this kept me feeling full till gone 2pm. Plus the vile taste that I was left with encouraged me to drink a copious amount of water. By half 12 I had drunk 2 and a half litres. For a girl who normally only drinks around half a glass of fizzy pop per day and maybe a cup of tea, this was a major achievement.

Lunch was Tomato and Basil soup. Not quite as bad as the porridge I had for breakfast but still not wonderful. I certainly wasn't expecting my new diet to taste like stardust and rainbows but I also wasn't expecting the strange twists on familiar tastes that I experienced. Most of the soup was eaten normally. The last few mouthfuls were a sort of 'hold your nose and swallow' affair.

By 7pm I was entering stomach rumbling territory, but was stuck in traffic on my way home so unable to eat anything. When I walked in at quarter to eight I was confronted by three pork chops, bbq sauce and cheesy mashed potato. The smell was something that I couldn't even describe. Add to that the meat feast pizza in the oven and it's safe to say I was pretty much in heaven.

After the disappointment of disliking both my breakfast and lunch packs I decided it was pizza for tea. But I would limit myself to just a quarter. I pulled the pizza out of the oven and sliced it into four. My mum had got in around the same time as me so I chatted to her while I tucked in to my one slice. All of a sudden I realised I had finished the first slice and started on the second. Not wanting to waste the rest of the slice I quickly polished that one off too. Before I knew it the whole pizza had been eaten. I did manage to maintain some control though, I left the crusts...

Today is day two. Breakfast has been a strawberry shake which...(drum roll please)... I really liked. No strawberry shake shots or washing it down with 20 litres of water. Already I am much more positive for today. I have pasta carbonara planned for lunch and if I'm being truthful I'm not exactly looking forward to it but I am hopeful. I've not made a decision for tea yet but I am determined it will be an Exante pack and not a carb loaded, cheesy slice of deliciousness.

If you've just read all that then thank you. You have just demonstrated your willpower. If you can sit through my ramblings then you can definitely stick to your diet. Good luck to everyone on their journey. Any advice for avoiding pizza would be greatly appreciated.

I completely understand how hard it is. How are you getting on now? I'm on day 6, the first 3 days I had to eat a packet of slim fast pretzels at the end if the day because my mind was going crazy not eating 'food', and they were the least damaging things I could think of! Have been fine since then though and the hunger has finally gone away (only yesterday though! Cooking for my daughter before then was hell!) have a fab rest of the week. When's your weigh in?

Back