◄ 1½ Minute Microwave Oatbran Biscuit ►

Discussion in 'Dukan Recipes' started by Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50!, 26 September 2011.

1. Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50!

Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50! Well-Known Member

This is ideal if you have forgotten your daily oatbran quota, perhaps it is too late to make a gallette etc.

2 tbs Oatbran

1 tbs Skimmed Milk or Fat Free Plain Yoghurt

½ tsp Splenda

Sprinkling of cinammon or ginger etc
    (1/4 tsp Schwartz Mixed Spice works really well)

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl will look crumbly and dry.

It will look like you need to add more liquid but don't it should be ok.

Put onto a small plate and press down with the back of a spoon into the shape of a round biscuit (use a wet spoon, it will help prevent the mixture sticking to the spoon).

Microwave on high power for 1 minute, turn biscuit over (it will look delicate but should stay in shape), cook for a further 30 seconds.

Eat warm or leave to cool and get a bit crunchier.

Adjust your spices and spenda to taste, some may want to add more than ½ tsp.

I have made these using plain yoghurt (see my slow cooker recipe) instead of milk.

This seems to hold the mixture together better and is more moist than using milk, see pic below.

Wet mixture

Uncooked biscuit

Top of cooked biscuit

Bottom of cooked biscuit

Could be an idea to keep one of these handy in your bag, just in case you get stuck in a meeting, traffic etc and can't access any dukan friendly food. ;)

Don't forget that once at the crunchy stage ie left for a few minutes, you can crumble it to liven up plain yoghurt.

Last edited: 8 April 2012
    Mini likes this.
  2. Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50!

I haven't tried it yet but they would probably be ok with plain yoghurt instead of the milk.

Another use for our slow cooker yoghurt maybe folks!

3. becki22

becki22 Well-Known Member

They sound nice, gonna try tomorrow ??
  4. Bethany67

Bethany67 Active Member

Definitely making this tomorrow with 1.5 tablespoons oatbran. I'm missing 'crunch' a bit.
  5. becki22

Just made this, it was lush!!
  6. cheryl7

cheryl7 Well-Known Member

I'll be trying this tomorrow... sounds fab :)
  7. Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50!

Glad that you liked it, what did you put in to flavour it, cinnamon or ginger?

I have only tried the cinnamon so far.
  8. becki22

I used cinnamon too as I didn't have any ginger, def gonna try with ginger though!!! I was a bit worried that it wasn't going to keep me satisfied for as long as the porridge I normally had but pleased to say I'm just feeling hungry-ish now which is when I normally would
  9. locket

locket Well-Known Member

I'm gonna try this in the morning as I've run out of eggs, so no muffins. Am looking forward to it...

10. Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50!

I made one today but used some of my slow cooker yoghurt (strained) instead of milk.

It seemed to hold it together more than the milk.

I made it from memory and used 1 tsp of Splenda instead of ½ tsp, it was a lot tastier using 1 tsp. ;)

I also added mixed spice as well as a bit of ground ginger, very tasty.

11. Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50!

* Original post updated with photos *

Enjoy your biscuit!

12. ellie1969

ellie1969 Well-Known Member

just made this and used 1/2 a tbsp splenda missread the instructions... i used ginger but i think i may have used too much as its all i can taste LOL nice though... you could also possibly use cracked black pepper or herbs to make a savoury cracker
  13. Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50!

Yes, that's another way to eat it.

Don't know about you though but I have a sweet tooth so these hit the spot!
  14. Dgirl

Dgirl Well-Known Member

:8855:I also made it this morning and (not wearing glasses) must have opened the wrong side of the ginger bottle and landed up with about a teaspoon of ginger in it - didn't have time to make another so ate it in the car on the way to work (it was awful). Will be making it with cinnamon next time as I'm kinda off ginger now!!
  15. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Great idea -

No SEMI skimmed milk though please!
  16. Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50!

You are right Maintainer, I have amended it to skimmed milk or ff yoghurt.

17. Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50!

That would certainly put me off using ginger for a while!

Try a bit of Mixed Spice, that is nice.

If anyone doesn't have any but already have spices in their cupboard, mixed spice consists of Cinammon, Coriander Seed, Caraway, Nutmeg, Ginger!!!! (sorry Dgirl) :D and Cloves.

18. Redsazzle

Redsazzle Well-Known Member

Mine never look like that........... but they sure are tasty. Thank you xx
  19. Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50!

Do you use milk or yoghurt?

The one in the photo was made using yoghurt, the ones I made with milk were more delicate and didn't hold together as well.

20. Redsazzle

Redsazzle Well-Known Member

I've been using milk......... I'm struggling to figure out which yoghurt is ok as there seems to be a lot of debate about it xx