♥ .. Ruby's GREEN & RED Day's .. ♥

I'm good just settling down for a chilled evening, everything is done :) And you're alright I'm quite used to it, I hope it settles down for you soon x

Aw lovely :) I love chilled evenings .. Me n hubby have had a massive cleaning spree today ( there must be something wrong with us :p ) hope you have a nice evening tace :) xx

Tonight's tea ( I'm well stuffed now)

image-1143811094.jpg

Cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, new potatoes, 1 boiled egg, 1 tbsp light mayo & 40g low low with quorn chicken pieces cooked in onions, spices & garlic
Simple but delish :) & filling ;) xx

I like simple teas like that :D I made an epic work lunch the other week and it was just a bit of pasta salad, potato salad, salad, cheese rolled in Quorn ham, and a boiled egg cut in half. Was amazing!!! And really filling :D

How did the Quorn sweet and sour go? Keep meaning to try that myself.

I've been having a massive clear-out and cleaning spree of my room lately. Have filled two wheely bins with rubbish, taken 2 car loads to a charity place, donated furniture to Oxfam, and sold a big load of dvd's. SO good to do that :D Now I have some nice new things for my room and my nice bits of art and stuff will stand out rather than being surrounded by clutter and dust :D Bloody good body magic too ;) x

That's what I've been up to, had a new suite delivered today so went through everything in the front room and sorted it. It's amazing what you accumulate, I don't think I've touched half of it since we moved in 3 years ago :eek: It's taken me 2 days, but that's sorting a lot of paperwork as well, the living room looks empty now lol. I think we're going to watch a film when we decide on one x x

I like simple teas like that :D I made an epic work lunch the other week and it was just a bit of pasta salad, potato salad, salad, cheese rolled in Quorn ham, and a boiled egg cut in half. Was amazing!!! And really filling :D

How did the Quorn sweet and sour go? Keep meaning to try that myself.

I've been having a massive clear-out and cleaning spree of my room lately. Have filled two wheely bins with rubbish, taken 2 car loads to a charity place, donated furniture to Oxfam, and sold a big load of dvd's. SO good to do that :D Now I have some nice new things for my room and my nice bits of art and stuff will stand out rather than being surrounded by clutter and dust :D Bloody good body magic too ;) x

It tastes really good considering there's next to nowt to it ...... Just needs thickening up so stuck it on the cooker in a pan to let it bubble ... Ready for tea tomorrow :)

Your salad does sound epic .. Mmmm I love a good salad ;)

Ooo clear outs are good ... Makes you feel cleansed ........ And cracking calorie burn too !!

Xxx

Tomorrows diary ( really low on syns after all the hypos this week !!!! ) just used my last 5.5 on a hypo :( so no syns today ..... Pooooooo!!

B
1 egg
2 ww wholemeal bread
Baked beans
Apple

D
Lentil soup
Alpen light
Strawberries
Costa medium skinny latte with sf syrup (treat with my mum)

T
Sweet & sour quorn
Basmati rice
Steamed veg

S
Alpen light
Activia
Strawberries & apple

Hexa 300ml 1% fat milk
Hexa milk used in latte

Hexb 2 ww bread
Hexb 2 alpen light

1 hour in the gym later

Last edited:
Just woke up to another hypo !!!!! Aghhhhhhhh !!

Xx

Oh dear that's not good :( x x

I wasn't too well yesterday .. Dodge tum so maybe that's why I had 3 hypos yesterday n one this morn ..... All my syns gone now ..... Boooo! Thank The Lord for Alpen light as a b choice for my sweet fix ;) two of them will keep me sane ;) xx

I know the slightest thing can send your sugars funny, Ian's the same :( maybe it will calm down once your tummy calms down as well. I think Ian is going to talk to the Dr next time he's at clinic about the amount of insulin he's taking x x

I know the slightest thing can send your sugars funny, Ian's the same :( maybe it will calm down once your tummy calms down as well. I think Ian is going to talk to the Dr next time he's at clinic about the amount of insulin he's taking x x

Lets hope eh ;)

Does Ian take the long acting n fast acting or is he on the mixes? I've been through every insulin goin over the years :0 .. Xx

He uses nova rapid, lantus and victoza which helps control his weight. I've been giving him 4 slightly smaller meals to spread his eating out throughout the day this seems to help and he does better than having just 3 larger meals x

He uses nova rapid, lantus and victoza which helps control his weight. I've been giving him 4 slightly smaller meals to spread his eating out throughout the day this seems to help and he does better than having just 3 larger meals x

Oh yes, iv heard good things about victoza .. I did a placement in a diabetes centre n learnt lots about type 2 .. :) I was on lantus but got switched to levemir coz lantus was only lasting me 12 hours rather than the 20 odd it should do, put me on levemir ..... As I was struggling with uncontrolled night time sugars :( ..... Sounds like your hubby's doin well, surprising how much you learn with a partner with diabetes .. My hubby is an expert now ;) well he likes to think he is :p xxx

He takes the lantus twice a day so only covers 12 hours like you said. The victoza is good but has some unpleasant side effects, like wind, he's lowered the dose. And as I do all the cooking in our house I read up about diabetes and I did some training on it food wise when I worked as a chef in a residential home as we had diabetics. I try to include certain herbs and spices in his diet that have been found to be beneficial to diabetics, I'm all for natural healing where possible and I always use diabetic friendly food if it's for both of us which isn't often as he eats meat. And yes you do learn a lot, I take him to clinic as he's using a wheelchair at the moment and I ask loads of questions lol x

He takes the lantus twice a day so only covers 12 hours like you said. The victoza is good but has some unpleasant side effects, like wind, he's lowered the dose. And as I do all the cooking in our house I read up about diabetes and I did some training on it food wise when I worked as a chef in a residential home as we had diabetics. I try to include certain herbs and spices in his diet that have been found to be beneficial to diabetics, I'm all for natural healing where possible and I always use diabetic friendly food if it's for both of us which isn't often as he eats meat. And yes you do learn a lot, I take him to clinic as he's using a wheelchair at the moment and I ask loads of questions lol x

Lol ... Who hasn't got a bita bad wind haha .... It's like a slimming aid too isn't it?

Wow, aren't you good .... My hubby can't even cook an egg properly so I'm head chef ;) & as for appointments he's rubbish, he rarely even comes with me :(

You prob know the majority of stuff about diabetes, but if you need any advice ... I'd be happy to help. ... :) xxxxx

Well heres today's diary ..

B
1/2 can Heinz beans
2 eggs
2 ww wholemeal toast
Apple

D
None :0 aren't I silly

T
Veggie spag Bol
Peach yogurt
Apple

S
2 Alpen light
pancakes (2 eggs)
Fruit

Burnt nearly 600 cal in the gym :)

Hexa milk for brews
Hexa milk for latte at costa
Hexb 2 ww bread
Hexb 2 Alpen light

Didn't have any syns to spend coz I hypoed this morn :( :( :( .. Roll on tomo fresh week :)

Xxx

Last edited:
It's 1am .... & I just discovered syn free pancakes !!!!! OMG !!! I'm addicted ... How can 1 egg make such an amazing snack :p ... Great wen no syns left & you need a sweet fix ;) xxx

Today's diary ..

B
Veggie bacon butty with ketchup (2.5)
Apple

D
Jacket potato with half can of beans, low low & a big fat salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes & beetroot tbsp bgty salad cream (1)
Banana

T
Sweet & sour quorn with basmati rice
Apple, blackberries & strawberries

S
Alpen light x2 (6)
hoops & crosses (4)
tesco peach yogurt

Hexa milk for brews
Hexa low low cheese
Hexb seeded wholemeal
Hexb seeded wholemeal