♥ ~*~ Tanya's Diary No 3 ~*~ ♥

:giggle: .... my grandma taught me all i know! She used to bake cakes for a living yearrrrrrrs ago and she was the one who made my mum and dads wedding cake!!!!! She is gutted that i have taken it up as when she moved to plymouth she got rid of all her tins and baking utensils and she now wishes she hadnt! lol

I wana hear the story of how he proposed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt want to cut it either Iris!!!! Bet it tasted amazing though! carrot cake :drool: ..... would love to do it commercially, would love my own cake shop, that would be my ideal life but untill im rich its never guna happen! :8855:

On the plus side girls, i didnt eat any sponge! Only because my new tin is amazing!! No need to cut off any of the top to make it flat :giggle:

Couldnt you make them from home to start with...I get the Woman and Home magazine and they are always doing articles about these women that start up little businesses at home! Might not be as daft and as expensive as you think!!!! I am sure there is an article this month about two women that started cooking in their kitchens and are making mega bucks now!!!

I want to hear that tale too!!! :)

The cake is FAB Iris. Can't wait to see yours too Tan - I'm sure it'll be as impressive as usual :) Sounds like that cake tin was a good investment ;) xx

Oh, I will do it on my page, as I dont want to hijack poor Tanya's page :) I will post a photo of it too.... :) Aww...reminising now!!!

:giggle: .... my grandma taught me all i know! She used to bake cakes for a living yearrrrrrrs ago and she was the one who made my mum and dads wedding cake!!!!! She is gutted that i have taken it up as when she moved to plymouth she got rid of all her tins and baking utensils and she now wishes she hadnt! lol

Did she!!! Gosh,,,so you are taking over! Did she have a shop? Do you have a portfolio of all the cakes you have made? Would love to see them Tanya!

Iris, i think i have all the cakes ive made on my facebook and also on an album on here. I havnt made very many though. 8 in the past year .... i will have another one to bake for my brother when he gets home on his r&r at the end of june as he was away for his 21st!

Theres something quite theraputic about it! i am weird, i know! lol

This is it girls. Holiday mode well and truely in swing :( I just wana eat everything in sight! I cant let this get the better of me i have to fit into my dress next weekend and go for my run on the 9th where they will weigh me first!!! Damn you time off work! :rotflmao:

cinema tonight so that = more nawtys. I have a curly wurly, a small packet of foam elephants and a small bar of sains best chocolate.

Last edited:
Enjoy the cinema Tanya. I dont think I have been to the cinema in years, the last film I actually saw was Johnny English.......hahaha.

Iris, i think i have all the cakes ive made on my facebook and also on an album on here. I havnt made very many though. 8 in the past year .... i will have another one to bake for my brother when he gets home on his r&r at the end of june as he was away for his 21st!

Theres something quite theraputic about it! i am weird, i know! lol

This is it girls. Holiday mode well and truely in swing :( I just wana eat everything in sight! I cant let this get the better of me i have to fit into my dress next weekend and go for my run on the 9th where they will weigh me first!!! Damn you time off work! :rotflmao:

cinema tonight so that = more nawtys. I have a curly wurly, a small packet of foam elephants and a small bar of sains best chocolate.

I will have a look Tanya! My neighbour bakes to destress too...so we quite often have some of her lovely cakes, but they arent anywhere near as nice as yours :)

When you get back after the weekend have a good few days up to the 9th and you will be fine...just get some exercise in this weekend and you can burn off all the goodies.

Enjoy the cinema Tanya. I dont think I have been to the cinema in years, the last film I actually saw was Johnny English.......hahaha.
We dont go often either Mary! And yet we have a lovely family run cinema quite close which I love going to. We promised ourselves after Slumdog that we would go every month, and a year on still not been back! Never seem to have any spare time!!!!!!

Ah Girls!!!! I go quite often, enjoy it! :) Sex and The City 2 tonight, i litterally can't wait!!!!

Ladies, i'm a busy bee today right up untill just before work so forgive me if i don't get round to yer diaries now till monday night. All have a good weekend :) :) :) :) :fingerscrossed: the sun comes out!!! xxx

Friday 28th May

B- 2 slices toast with peanut butter (350cals)

L- chicken breast cut up and dry fried with 4 small tomatoes cut up so it went like like a sauce, was very nice!!! :drool: 1 crusty roll

D- nutrigrain (130cals)
apple (70cals)
satsuma (30cals)

S- curly wurly (115cals) elephants () chocolate bar (219cals)

*endless black coffees!

Last edited:
Have a fantastic time Tan :):) xx

Im not overly happy with this cake as the top was difficult to get completly flat but .... it does look almost like the original except the original has 4 anchors on the corners aswell as in the middle of the edges. This cake took me 4 and a half hours to cover and ice!!! :eek:

So this is the bottom tier of their cake. I will get the orginal off my grandma and scan it in after the weekend. I sure hope they recognise it when they open the box on tuesday!! :fingerscrossed: Love knot and anchor theme as dad was in the navy :)

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0787.jpg
    IMG_0787.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0791.jpg
    IMG_0791.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
WOW! That's fantastic :):) I bet they'll be thrilled - I know I would be!

How do you put those thumbnails up? I've never figured that out xx

The cake is fab Tanya!! Gosh, 4.5hrs....I reckon they will be very happy when they see the cake and the fact you spent a lot of time replicating their original...so sweet!!! Arent ya clever on this cake making and decorating!

Hope you had a good night at the cinema..we all need to take a leaf out of your book! Should really go more to the cinema.

Mary, I often fall asleep!!! haha.......once I missed almost an entire film as I just couldnt keep my eyes open:8855:

Im not overly happy with this cake as the top was difficult to get completly flat but .... it does look almost like the original except the original has 4 anchors on the corners aswell as in the middle of the edges. This cake took me 4 and a half hours to cover and ice!!! :eek:

So this is the bottom tier of their cake. I will get the orginal off my grandma and scan it in after the weekend. I sure hope they recognise it when they open the box on tuesday!! :fingerscrossed: Love knot and anchor theme as dad was in the navy :)

The cake looks amazing Tan, and the fact that it was made by you makes it even more extra special for them. Well done, you are very clever.

I used to make cakes a few years ago but I just don't have the time anymore but after seeing your cakes it makes me want to get the royal icing out!

Tanya the cake looks fantastic, you are so good at these. Your parents will love it!

The cake is fantastic looking Tanya, you really are a clever Tanya.
Iris, I have missed the endings on films at the cinema too because I nod off.....lol.

Thanks ladies! :) Only have a couple mins left on me dads dongle so thought id check in. Read all your diaries but will post monday night when back.

WOW! That's fantastic :):) I bet they'll be thrilled - I know I would be!

How do you put those thumbnails up? I've never figured that out xx

Jan, you need to click "post reply" instead of using the quick reply box at the bottom and then there is a little paper clip at the top of the box by where you change the font and colour of yer writing and then you upload pics that way :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely long weekend. I have drank far too much (i even had 2 bottles of corona beer! :drool:) and eaten for england. Got my bloomin totm too, which explains why im constantly hot and cold this weekend and have a huuuuuge chocolate craving!

Anyways, 'see' you all tomorrow at some point :) xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for that Tan I'll try that next time :) Enjoy the rest of your time, home totm hasn't spoilt it too much. 'See' you soon xx

Back