Extra Easy Food diary and weight loss journey

Harrietrose

Day 1 - 02/12/16
Weight - 11st 8 1/2lbs

Started the day researching slimming world. I am choosing to do this without going to meetings or using the app (but my friend from work has given me her online log on so that I can use the syns calculator etc). Hoping to loose 2-3lbs per week before Christmas and then 1lb per week after Christmas up until my birthday on 21st May. Will be exceptionally happy if I am able to keep up the weight loss for that long considering I have quite a few holidays and festivities booked. But this diet seems the easiest one to fit around everyday life (flexible syns, food optimising, so much free food) so if this doesnt work... nothing will.

Breakfast: 2 Eggs, mushrooms and bacon fried with sunflower fry light - FREE
Lunch: - Chilli con carne made with 5% fat mince, onions, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, carrots, kidney beans, butter beans, chopped tomato, passata, loads of herbs/spices, stock cubes, lea + perrins. With a massive bowl of salad leaves - FREE
Dinner: Aldi country vegetable soup 200g - 2 syns - with 60g wholemeal bread - HexB - 3 light dairylea triangles - HexA - Pomegranate, satsuma.
Snacks: Salted caramel mince pie - 9.5 syns - Advent caldendar chocolate - 1 syn -

TOTAL - 12.5 syns

Last edited:
Day 2 - 03/12/16
Weight - 11st 6 1/2lbs

Shocked to loose 2lbs overnight (not complaining...) but hopefully means i'm doing the right things. Doing a 10 hour night shift from 2000-0600 so wasn't in a snacking mood. Put the decorations on the Christmas Tree this afternoon and made a big batch of stir fry whilst watching Im a Celeb. Not sure on the slimming worlds views on calorie free energy drinks but during these night shifts i'm going to be glugging them for sure.

Breakfast: 125g full fat greek yoghurt - 4 syns - with strawberries and grapes - FREE - 10g agave syrup - 0.5 syns - and my advent calendar chocolate - 1 syn -
Lunch: King prawns - FREE - with mixed stir fry vegetables - FREE - weightwatchers chinese stir fry sauce - 2 syns - low salt soy sauce, herbs/spices, chilli powder - FREE -
Dinner: 55g Houmous - HexB - with 3 Sweet chilli thins - 3 syns - and handful of chickpeas - FREE -
Snacks: 3 light dairylea triangles - HexA - banana, plum, grapes - FREE - 0 calorie energy drink - FREE -

TOTAL - 10.5 syns

Day 3 - 04/12/16
Weight - 11st 6 3/4lbs

So today was an odd one. I realised that aldi vegetable soup is 4.5 syns (not okay!) so instead stole a co-workers syn free dinner of fajita chicken + peppers. Nightshifts are starting to take their toll now, falling asleep at my desk at 5am. Need to get up early tomorrow and pack for Amsterdam on Wednesday. Will be 100% off plan and enjoying every minute of it so trying to behave myself totally until then.

Breakfast: Baked oats - 40g porridge oats - HexB - with 160g full fat greek yoghurt - 4.5 syns - strawberries, banana - FREE - and advent chocolate - 1.5 syns (learnt it was more than last thought) -
Lunch: Leftover pasta bake (made before joining slimming world). Pasta - FREE - with Aldi tomato and bacon sauce - 7 syns - tinned tuna (in brine) - FREE - sweetcorn and lots of lettuce - FREE -
Dinner: 1 chicken breast - FREE - with mixed peppers and onions - FREE - and covered in fajita spices (didn't make myself so unsure on syns)
Snacks: Sharon fruit - FREE -

TOTAL - 13 syns

Day 0 - The turning moment - 12/12/2016
Weight - 11st 9.5lbs

Okay I fell off the wagon... badly. I went to Amsterdam with my partner for 3 days, then had a surprise party the day after we got back and finally went to London the following day for more birthday surprises (his birthday, not mine)

So I ate anything and everything i wanted and drank more than I should have done... everyday. It was pure gluttony and looking back on it now I can't say it made the trip any better because of it. It was yummy but I think if I was to have had something healthier I would have felt happier in myself for my will power. The alcohol however is non-negotiable. It isn't something I'm willing to give up, I need to tackle my food first and then I will try to tackle the types and amounts of alcohol I drink afterwards.

So today everything was suppose to change. I started the day fantastically, used my HexA+B, used lots of free foods and had loads of speedy vegetables. However the evening went tits up and if I stop eating now I will end the day on 20.5 SYNS.

But I had a breakthrough tonight. A real, eyeopening, no-going-back moment where I just suddenly decided that I am done with restarting. I am going to stop having all of these binges and then hating myself afterwards. It's going to be hard to give up the sugar addiction I have, but I can't assume to be slim for the rest of my life if I keep eating this much sugar on a daily basis.

So tomorrow morning, it all changes.

Back