♥ ~*~ Tanya's Diary No 3 ~*~ ♥

hahahah Iris!!!! I can't hit a bloomin shuttle cock sober let alone after a few bevvies so no question about you winning! :8855:

I'm glad i had them crackers last night as by the time i got home from work my belly was starting to rumble but i went straight to bed. I think if i hadnt of had them i wouldve struggled in work.

So day 2 of week 1 couch to 5k. Same route. My bum and back of my thighs killed today. I struggled a little on runs 7 and 8 but i pushed through. Afterall, if its not hurting its not working right?! hahahahaaaa

Will have a rest day tomorrow and do my 3rd one for the week on friday. The mp3's do say to have a rest day inbetween each one so maybe thats why im hurting a little today. Anyways - i feel fantastic again after :)

Food wise today then girls:-

Wednesday 16th June

B- banana. bran flakes & s.s milk.

L- baked salmon, salad (lettuce, cucumber, tom, sweetcorn, carrot, radishes, spring onions) and 3 small boiled pots with a little lf soft cheese over the top. sweet chilli sauce over my salad.

D- satsuma & 2 snackajacks.

S- LF yog. 2 small pots left over from tea. 1 pink lady apple.

*1.5litre water
*4 black coffee with sweetener

*day 2 week 1 couch to 5k.

Last edited:
Brilliant Tan - glad you're enjoying it :) Food looking good too xx

Tanya, think about increasing the water to a litre and a half. I find the water really helps keep me full and avoids the munchie attacks. Well done on the exercise.

Its ok molly my day isnt over yet! I update it all as i eat/drink it! lol :)

Last edited:
So, i had 3 small potatoes with my salmon and salad. Am stuffed. Ate 1 and have saved the rest for a snack later on probably instead of my crackers :)

Definately have a rest day in between Tanya, even restrict yourself to 'just' walking briskly. Your muscles NEED time to recover, and you run the risk of developing shin splints if you do too much too soon, which will totally kybosh your fitness efforts as the only cure is total rest until you recover, and it can take a week or two?
Also, be aware the scales will probably be up a bit this week due to your newly-exercised muscles retaining fluid as they recover. Just in case you panic.;)

hahahah Iris!!!! I can't hit a bloomin shuttle cock sober let alone after a few bevvies so no question about you winning! :8855:

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:
GOOD! I THINK WE WILL HAVE TO ARRANGE A MATCH! I THINK I NEED TO WIN!!!!!! :)

I'm glad i had them crackers last night as by the time i got home from work my belly was starting to rumble but i went straight to bed. I think if i hadnt of had them i wouldve struggled in work.

So day 2 of week 1 couch to 5k. Same route. My bum and back of my thighs killed today. I struggled a little on runs 7 and 8 but i pushed through. Afterall, if its not hurting its not working right?! hahahahaaaa

Will have a rest day tomorrow and do my 3rd one for the week on friday. The mp3's do say to have a rest day inbetween each one so maybe thats why im hurting a little today. Anyways - i feel fantastic again after :)

Food wise today then girls:-

Wednesday 16th June

L- baked salmon, salad (lettuce, cucumber, tom, sweetcorn, carrot, radishes, spring onions) and 3 small boiled pots with a little lf soft cheese over the top. sweet chilli sauce over my salad.

S- LF yog. 2 small pots left over from tea. 1 pink lady apple.

*1.5litre water
*4 black coffee with sweetener

*day 2 week 1 couch to 5k.

WAW...impressed or what! You are doing incredibly well Tanya...want to throw that new resolve my way!!! ;-)!
Pink lady apple - my fav!!

Irish is right about a day of rest...something to do with the lactic acid in your muscles and needing to rest. No wonder you feel sore, plus, if you are not used to running, then it will take a little while for your body to get used to it. But, well done Tanya! Really impressed!!!!

Rest day today guys! :)
I will be doing my 3rd couch to 5k tomorrow.

Have also decided to change my weigh in day to Mondays. I feel like this will help with weekend munchies knowing that weigh in is monday morning. This can swing 2 ways though - either make me really down about the weekends and not having a little treat or will make me knuckle down :sigh:

Thursday 17th June

B- cheerios & s.s milk.

L- baked chicken with honey and mustard (tsp honey drop of mustard and black pepper), salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, sweetcorn, spring onion, radishes) 2 small boiled pots with skins on. Garlic & herb salad dressing.

ww vanilla yog.

S- 4 pumpkin and sunflower seed crackers with sweet potato and harrisa dip. 1 slice of corn beef.

*1litre water
*2 black coffee with sweetener

Last edited:
Looking very very good indeed!!!!!!

Give the WI a go and if you feel it is getting you down, then you can change it I suppose..you are in charge sweetie and need to live and adapt as well

Another good day girl!! :) x

Day 3 of couch to 5k today!
Struggled quite a bit as my trainers had rubbed my left ankle about 5mins in and it was bleeding quite a bit. All over my new white trainers :( lol But, i perservered (sp?) and got it done :)

Todays food - i know my plan said cooked veg today but i have salad that needs to be used and im just loving it alot at the minute. So im sure you guys can let me off that one! ;) haha

Friday 18th June

L- grilled pork chop, salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onion, sweetcorn, radish) 3 small boiled pots in skins.

*ww vanilla yog.

D- satsuma. 2 snackajacks.

S- 5 breadsticks dipped into some lf soft cheese with black pepper & sweet potato and harrisa dip

*6 cherries
*4 sunflower and pumpkin seed crackers with lf soft cheese with black pepper

*1litre water
*3 black coffees with sweetener

*Day 3 week 1 couch to 5k

-----------------------------------------

Here is my weekend plan guys:

Saturday 19th June

B- Out for a boozy lunch with me friend today so it will be like breakfast for me although it will be 1hour after getting up. So I’ll class it as breakfast iykwim.

Looked at wetherspoons nutrional info and im opting for Sweet Chilli noodles at 296 calories. I’m just praying they have this at the mutly wetherspoons otherwise im not sure what to choose.

L- 2 mini burritos made with turkey mince. (salsa, guacamole and chilli cheese – a small grating of it) Handful of oven chips.

*couple of cocktails on me boozy lunch followed by some vodka no doubt!
*more vodka in the evening as its a girly night in with my brothers girlfriend as he is home on THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only for 2 weeks though :(

Sunday 20th June

B- 1 piece of wholemeal toast with 2 poached eggs. Hp sauce.

L- jacket potato with beans, small grating of cheddar and salad.

D- baked salmon and vegetables.

Last edited:
OUCH!! Hope your ankle's alright. Don't know how you managed to carry on!

Food looks great Tan. Lovin' Sunday ;):) xx

Haha me too!! Can't wait for that jacket pot beans and cheese!!!

My ankle actually hurt less on the 60sec runs than the walks, weirdly!

I've been asked to make a chocolate cake next week for my brother so I have to be super good as I know Thursday I'll be having a slice and a glass of champers to celebrate his 21st that he was away for.

So runs next week I'm thinking Monday Wednesday and Friday :)

Sounds like a plan!! :) xx

Brilliant day so far! :)

Saturday 19th June

B- banana. black coffee & sweetener.

L- sweet chilli noodles at wetherspoons (296cals and very yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))

*double disaranno (sp?) diet coke
*double morgan spice rum diet coke
*double boubon diet coke
*2 glasses of purple rain cocktail

D- 2 small turkey mince burritos with grated chilli cheese, guacamole, salsa & lettuce. Handfull thin oven chips.

S- 1/2 silce of wholemeal seeds bread with a drop of burger sauce on. 2 seafood sticks.

*vodka and diet cokes a plenty! ;)

Last edited:
Hey Tanya,

Well done on the running! It seems when you set your mind to something, you always go for it, Wonder Woman!

Re the sore foot... is it less painful when running rather than walking because your trainers are rubbing a different part of your foot? Just something I notice when wearing new trainers in :D For that reason, I'm keeping those Compede plaster people in business!!!

I know Jan mentioned getting your gait analysed at some stage (and thus the right trainers for the way you run), and when you're at the stage that you're 'committing to running' it's a really good idea. In the meantime, go on to nikeid.com and 'design' your own shoes (you don't have to order them). It's fun :D

Keep up the good work!!!
Melanie

HaHa .... glad I won't have your head in the morning Tan ;):) Glad you're having a good time though :D xx

hahaha!! :giggle:

I am sooooo happy right now. Have just had the best conversation with my little brother. He is back 'safe' at bastion. He phoned and he was laughing on the phone and sounded sooooooo happy. I haven't heard him like that for weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks!!! The smile on my face is immense. I can't wait to see him :)

Jan, i never get hangovers!!!!!!!!!!!!! so :fingerscrossed: tomorrow is no different ;)

You're very lucky if you don't get hangovers after mixing drinks like that!! :)

Sooooo glad to hear about l'il bro ;) Great when you know they're in good spirits :):) xx

You're very lucky if you don't get hangovers after mixing drinks like that!! :)

Sooooo glad to hear about l'il bro ;) Great when you know they're in good spirits :):) xx

I shall let you know tomorrow Jan! :giggle:

Im so proud i've not had the alcohol munchies so far.

:fingerscrossed: tomorrow will be ok with me having planned my food for the day. Im factoring in a packet of branston pickle cheddars but only if i really am hungry :) xx

Back