♥ ~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary ~ Year 2 ~♥

Good luck Tanya - u should be so proud of ur self :) x

Best of luck for the race. Fingers crossed that you get the time you want.

Todays 10k was FAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to run it in 1hr10 but I ran it in ...................
1:04:58!!!

I am ecstatic!! Not only did I smash the time I wanted to do it in I bagged myself 2 new PB's! 5k 30:51 and 10k 1:04:58! :D

I had a few walking stops, set off and my feet were like ice. Got to the 2k mark and thought I had set off too fast but I still felt good. Got to the 5k mark and realised I had got myself a new PB and I had less than half way to go and I can actually do this.

A couple more walking stops on a few tiny hills but the last 1k i ran my socks off. At one point a girl in a pink top tapped me on the arm and said come on .. wish I could thank her as she spurred me on for the last 2k and I put in my best effort, over taking her and a couple of others I had in my sight throughout the entire race.

I sprinted the straight to the finish line and didn't see any of my family it was only once I crossed I heard my dad shouting. I honestly felt like crying when I looked at my watch - the first words out of my mouth were "I did it" lol

Anyways, mums cooking a yummy lunch, a few drinks will be had today and i'll catch up with you all tomorrow! :) Have a fab sunday guys xxx

Oh, and thanks for all the good lucks and once again putting up with my highs and lows of running in this diary! :p x

Well done Tanya xxxxx

omg and more news!!!!!!!

I have been asked to go live on air on BBC radio Devon tomorrow morning to talk about todays race! :eek: O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are able to pick up that radio station then i'm on air apparantly around 7:40. If not, I believe there is a podcast of the early show to download.

I can't believe I have said yes to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WooHoo!!! I'll be able to say "I knew her before she was famous and couldn't run a step!!" A claim to fame for me at last!!!

I don't know if I'll be able to get the broadcast but I'll certainly try - if you have a link that'd be good :)

Once again well done Tan - I'm dead proud of you :D I love hearing all about it - I don't 'put up' with reading about it :) xx

If I can get the link once i've done it i'll post it up. I've got to be in the studio for 7:30!! :eek:!!

And I have just worked out my pace time ... 10m27secs PER MILE!!! Where an earth did I get that energy from today?!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Edit: Forgot to add to my earlier post that my littler brother ran it in 56:59 ... very very proud of him for getting under the hour and getting his first race bling :)

Well done him!! :)

How did you get picked for the interview?? xx

I have been on twitter for the past few weeks tweeting the organisers and tagging them with every run I have done and every conversation I have been having on there about running/the 10k they've been tagged in and we've been speaking etc and bascially she said that because we have been tweeting that she asked me. It came through as a private message and asked if I was interested. Was v.nervous spoke to the family and they said go for it so I agreed. Spoke to the 10k organisers on the phone then the producer for tomorrows morning show phoned me and gave me the rest of the details.

I was asked if it was my first race and I told them no and I had done the half in may and I had a story behind it (losing weight then starting running and aiming for the 1/2 and carried on since) and then the 10k organisers said the herald (local newspaper) might be interested in my story about that as i'm signed up to the love life campaign (run, walk, swim, dance a certain distance in a year) and want people to follow through the entire campaign - so that might be a go to if I hear from them!

Seriously can't believe it!!!! i'm v.nervous though! Defo calm the drinking down today - will only have a few don't want to be making a tw*t of myself tomorrow live on air! :rotflmao:

Well done Tanya!!! Brilliant achievement today xxx

Wow! That sounds great and it would be fantastic to have the continuity if they do keep on following you!
NOW will you believe how great you are & how well you've done and continue to do!!! :D xxx

Hi Tanya
I am new to this site, and have just read your diary. OMG you have done so well. Can I just ask how you got into the running, and stayed motivated with the diet? I would love to be able to stick to excercise and to change my brain into not emotional eating when having a bad day with the kids x

Well done on the PB records, enjoy celebrations today. Good luck for radio interview. Will tune in on Internet .

HeeHee, I'm so proud - she/you could be one of mine!!! ;) xxx

What a fantastic lot of posts to come back to!! Very well done on your time Tanya, brilliant! A radio star is born too, go you!! Hope you enjoy all your praise, you certainly deserve it.

Have been tuned in to BBC Devon since 7.30!! Have I the right station. It's mostly coverage of the crash and the Olympic torch so far.

Brilliant news on the run Tanya and the two personal bests, thats fantastic, we always knew you were a star, and here you are now a celebrity on the radio...........go you girl, and enjoy the limelight, you certainly deserve it.

Awwww what happened?? I've just run through the whole 3 hours of the morning show and the only mention (unless I missed it) was at about 10 to 9 of the 1st male & female over the line .... If I missed it can you tell me what time it went out so I can listen again ... Ta :) xx

Back