♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

The 10k was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBB!!!!

It was the BEST 6.2miles I have ever run. Except for a 1minute walk stop to take on some water I ran the entire way. Every single hill, of which there were 4 long swooping ones I RAN! I was so chuffed with myself. I stood at the start line and said to myself, run every hill. They are only hills.

I knew I wasnt going to get a PB cuz its a hilly course but when I came in and saw the clock I literally could have cried!

I ran it in 1:03:17 and my previous pb was 1:04:58 so I knocked off 1minute 31seconds :D :D :D

Went out drinking after, stuck to vodka & d.cs but then yesterday I stuffed my face; crisps, sandwich, roast, chocolate, peanuts .... cider! and more vodka.

Today is going okish but I will be back tomorrow with writing everything down. Its time to knuckle down now for the Bristol Half :D xx

So proud of you .... you're a STAR!! xx

Well done you! Absolutely brilliant!! It's lovely to read you enjoying it so much. Great!!

Thanks ladies :)

Ran today. Felt really tough. My thighs are still hurting from sunday and i've also got really tight calfs. I know its from not drinking enough water later so i'm on the case.

Got only 3 long runs left before Bristol half. Hoping to do a 1hr50, 2hour and then either 2hr10 or 1hr50 see how I feel.

Run today:

9.03miles
1:40:28
11:08avg pace
1,247cals burnt

Wed 29th Aug
B- granola & ss.milk 400
*brunch bar (after my run! starving!!)
L- chicken, brocolli & courgettes in chicken tonight sauce 252
rice 200
*grapes & goats cheese 270
*nat yog 99
*square choc 50
D- ham, lf s.cream pitta 209
nectarine 60
almonds 188
brunch bar 150
Total = 1,878
burnt = 1,247
net = 631

Last edited:
Food looks fab - you seem back in the zone today x

except the square of chocolate i've just scoffed!! :doh:

When you set your mind to something you really do it don't you?? Good for you getting back on board Tanya, knew you would!

Probably cuz I have nothing better to focus on Bev :giggle:

I'm getting really rubbish sleep atm. I just can't seem to sleep more than a couple of hours without waking up in a massive sweat. It's really annoying me and making me so tired come 1/2oclock in work.

Did stump today. Thighs were hurting yesterday from sundays 10k, hurting again today when I woke up and can feel em already stiffening after stump today. Tomorrow's run should be fun! :rolleyes:

Thur 30th Aug
*1hr stump
B- 2whole egg, 2egg white ham omlette 245
mushrooms 20
hp 30
*brunch bar 150
L- chicken one pot 504
cous cous 188
*nat yog 99
D- ham & lf s.cream pitta 209
nectarine 60
total = 1,505

Another rubbish sleep. Up at 10:30 after only 5.5hours which were broken :( getting really fed up of this now.

Run & pump today.
Run was: 4.02miles, 42:43, 10:38avg pace, 560cals burnt

Fri 31st Aug
B- granola & s.milk 400
*brunch bar 150
*banana 100
L- salmon, brocolli, peas & cous cous 557
*cheese 120
*nat yog 99
grapes 60
D- ham, lf s.cream pitta 209
nectarine 60
Total = 1,755
burnt = 560
net = 1,195

What's going on with your sleep girl??? Not good! Hope you soon get back into a good pattern.

Food looks great :) xx

I duno. Today was better but still woke up a few times.

Shift tonight.

Sat 1st Sept
B- 2x crumpets, 1x toast & butter 370
*crunchie 185
L/D- chicken breast, brocolli, peas, baby pots 343
nat yog 99
2x nectarines 120
brunch bar 150
Total = 1,267

it's a pain when you don't get a proper sleep I know! :(

Enjoy your shift hon x

Shift was good thanks, I did have a tiny slither of chocolate cake that somebody made and bought in.

Sun 2nd Sept

*1hr step & 1hr pump
B- 2x toast & butter
*curly wurly
L- pork loin, mixed veg, baby pots, 2yorkshires, 1baby roaster & gravy
*slice of lemon sponge roll, 1scoop vanilla ice cream & sprinkles
D- nothing but did pick on some salted peanuts, slice of cheese & a chunk of a kit kat chunky

*bottle of red wine
*2vodka & d.c's

Mon 3rd Sept
B- 3x crumpets (2 with butter 1 with cheese) 390
*brunch bar 150
*crunchie 185
L- chicken breast, salad, sweetcorn, beetroot, baby pots 389
D- ham & mustard pitta 214
banana 100
Total = 1,428

Managed a whole 5hours sleep today without waking up!! Was awake for a while then managed to grab about another hour dozing in and out of sleep.

Tue 4th Sept
B- 2egg 2eggwhite omelette 180
mushrooms 15
beans 85
ketchup 30
*banana 100
L- chicken breast, mixed veg & cous cous 532
*nat yog 99
D- ham, mustard pitta 214
nectarine 60
Total = 1,315

Glad you got a BIT of sleep .... food looking great girl :) x

Sleep is still rubbish. I'm waking up in hot sweats and then laying awake for a couple hours and then dosing for another hour. It's so rubbish :(

Yesterday was long run day. It was boiling out. I had to cut the run short cuz of it. I was annoyed at first but ok about it today. Just two more long runs before bristol half :eek:

Weigh in tomorrow :( I dont feel good about it. I've just finished my 2nd totm in matter of 3 weeks :sigh:

I do have good news though..... I have been promoted to a seargent within the specials :D Alot more responsibility and alot more experience gaining for me. I'm so chuffed :D

Wed 5th Sept
B- 2x toast 1jam 1pb 298
L- turkey steaks, salad, mushrooms, boiled egg & rice 516
*nat yog & grapes 159
*banana 100
D- ham, mustard pitta 214
almonds 188
Total = 1,475
burnt = 1,162
net = 313

Thur 6th Sept
B- 2egg 2egg white omelette with ham & cheese & mushrooms 351
oj 95
*banana 100
L- ham, mustard pitta 214
D- tuna, salad, rice, s.cream 374
*nat yog & grapes 159
W- nectarine 60
Total = 1,353

WOW! Congrats you!! Well done :D:D:D They must think a lot of you and it'll deffo stand you in good stead when (IF EVER!) they start recruiting again eh?!!

Sorry you're still having sleep difficulties. I think it might be worth speaking to your doc as if you're waking up in a lather of sweat it could be something hormonal ... ??

Good luck with the wi - I bet it won't be anywhere near as bad as you think xx

Fab news about the promotion :)

Thanks girls.
My first shift tomorrow in my new role. It's going to be a bit scary as the guy i'm going out with is going to pretend he's a brand spanking newbie & i'll have to show him the ropes! :eek:

Weigh in was a loss of 1.5lbs. Could have been better. Will try harder. Weighing 12st 3.25lbs now. Want to be in the 11s by the bristol half in 3 weeks time. I will do it!!

Skipped body pump today but made my run a bit longer.

Run:

5.25mi
57:00mins
10:51avg pace
730cals burnt

Happy with that :)

Fri 7th Sept
B- granola & s.milk 400
*pb kit kat chunky chunk 87
L- fishcakes, brocolli, peas & baby pots 441
D- ??? duno yet

Back