♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Well done on your loss hon .... never mind it could have been better, it could have been a lot worse too!! :D xx

Many congrats on your promotion! Absolutely fantastic and nobody deserves it more in my opinion!! Well done on the loss too, like Jan said, it could have been a lot worse and it's always good to lose, however small!! Keep up the good work!

Shift was good thanks Bev. Its still a learning curve for the next few shifts, the real test will come end of the month when a brand newbie wants a shift :)

Scattered my grandads ashes on sunday which is why ive been awol. It was an emotional day but he is where he wants to be now Food hasnt been too bad, could have been better. I did drink again on sunday but only about 5 gins.

I will defo be back tomorrow with writing everything down again. I have my meals planned out and i'm determined now to go right through till the bristol half being strict on 1,500 cals. Will catch up on your threads tomorrow as i'm off out now.

Tue 11th Sept
B- 2eggs 2egg whites, mushrooms, beans, ham 353
*banana 100
*rusk 70
L- chicken breast, mixed veg, cous cous 447
*pb kit kat chunky 260
D- ham, lf s.cream pitta 234
cherries 150
nectarine 60
total = 1,647

Last edited:
oops had a pb kit kat chunky :doh:

They delicious!!! :drool:

Today was finally a double figure milage run :)

10miles
1:51:07
11:07 avg pace
1,367cals burnt

Got home and literally 40mins later my belly was giving me grief rumbling. I was ravenous! Never really had that level of hunger before after a run. So much so that I ate my dinner (more than what it should have been!) and still felt like I wanted more!

Wed 12th Sept
B- granola & s.milk 400
L- turkey mince, casserole sauce, brocolli, mushrooms & peas 589
wg pilau rice 188
*nat yog & cherries 217
D- ham, s.cream pitta 234
nectarine 60
almonds 188
s.total = 1,876
burnt = 1,367
net = 509

Duno whats wrong with me lately. Just can't seem to stick to being on track 100%. Got up late friday and didnt have time for my run :( I just dont feel like i'm 100% in control atm and am really weak willed. I keep picking at things like peanuts & cheese & meats from the fridge when I get in from work (and forgetting to add them in). Don't like this one bit :mad:

Thur 13 Sept
B- 1x toast & scrambled eggs & beans 380
L- nandos: chicken burger & sweet pot mash 582
*super whippy ice cream ???
D- soup & 2bits of bread n butter 488
Total = 1,450

Fir 14th Sept
B- granola & s.milk 400
L- salmon, rice, salad 453
*chunk of yorkie 60
*biscuit 69
D- quavers & curly wurly 203
Total = 1,185

Sat 15th Sept
B- granola & s.milk 400
L- tuna, rice, salad, sweetcorn 449
nectarine 60
D- slice of toast with butter (lots) 200 (guesstimate)
cocktail sausages ..?
ham ..?
s.total = 1,109

Right, i'm here, i'm back and i'm focused!

Weigh in on friday was a loss of 1lb. Could have been more in the two weeks but could have been worse I guess.
Leaves me at 12st 2.25lbs.
I'm now on a mission, I will get to 10st 13lbs by christmas. Me and my brothers gf have around the same amount to lose (me 17.25lbs and her 21lbs) so were doing it together.

It's just the picking I have to get under control after work.

I've written up my meal plans for the rest of this week, up to friday.
Saturday i'm heading up to Bristol for the half marathon on sunday.
I know saturday I will be ok food wise. I'll have my breakkie before leaving, a sensible lunch and then my usual night before a race meal of burger and chips ;) sunday I have already planned a bad day (i'm itching for a burger king/kfc and will have one and get it out of my system) and monday i'll be right back on track for my 'skinny for christmas' challenge.

In the process of writing up my new phys plan too. Still sticking with the running but dropping the distance. Max will be a 6miler once a week followed by a couple shorter runs and lots of classes. I'm going for 5days a week. I have a week off work at the end of october which I may also make a week off phys but will see how I feel, as I may make next week my week off phys after the half. Have to see how I feel I guess.

Tue 25[SUP]th[/SUP] September
B- granola & milk 400
L- grilled beef steak 333
Asparagus 45
Broccoli 40
*yog 60
D- lf cheese triangle, ham pitta 224
Nectarine 60
Go ahead bar 146
Total = 1,308

Wed 26[SUP]th[/SUP] September
B- granola & milk 400
L- salmon 240
roasted courgettes, tomatoes & carrots (with olive oil) 140
*yog 60
Nectarine 60
Go ahead bars 146
Total = 1,270

Thur 27[SUP]th[/SUP] September
B- 2egg, 2egg white omelette with ham, hp sauce 246
Mushrooms 15
Baby pots 107
Roasted courgettes & carrots 130
*yog 60
Nectarine 60
Go ahead bars 146
Total = 1,321

Fri 28[SUP]th[/SUP] September
B- 2egg, 2egg white omelette with ham, hp sauce 246
Mushrooms 15
L- chicken breast 169
Baby pots 107
Broccoli 40
Carrots 30
*yog 60
Nectarine 60
Go ahead bars 146
Total = 1,097

Good to have you back Tanya. Your plan sounds great as usual. You and sis-in-law will get to those weights by Christmas, no doubts!!

Can't believe the Bristol half is this sunday, where did that time go. Bet you'll love it!

Well done for the loss, so much better than a gain!!

Yesterday was super busy, had a meet & greet with the new specials that are joing our section. Booked in their first duties. I'm looking forward to starting this properly now. Alot of added responsibility! :)

Tue 25[SUP]th[/SUP] September
B- granola & milk 400
Asparagus 45
Broccoli 40
*yog 60
Banana 100
Go ahead bar 146
Total = 1,348

Today was my final run before the Bristol Half. Nice little 2miler where I got another PB! 2miles in 19:43. Well chuffed.
3 days of complete rest now before the 13.1miles.
I've already got another challenge in mind for the new year ;) but between next week and christmas my main aim is to drop the weight and get a little stronger in the upper body & abs.

Wed 26[SUP]th[/SUP] September
B- granola & milk 400
L- salmon 240
roasted courgettes, tomatoes & carrots (with olive oil) 140
baby pots 72
*yog 60
Nectarine 60
Go ahead bars 146
Total = 1,433

Sorry I haven't yet got round to catching up but wanted to say good luck for Sunday! I'm sure you'll do brilliantly! Xx

Thanks ladies :)

Stuck to food plan wise except I had salad tonight and 4crackers with ham/cheese this afternoon as I got up early and it was guna be a long day. I've picked but its been at meats so not all bad I guess. Oh I did have a chomp today actually (110cals) and 2 biscuits (100) cals the other night after work with a cuppa. And I'm just having a cuppa now in bed so extra cals for the milk for them.

Off about 11 tomorrow to Bristol. So I'll be back on Monday probably.

I am planning Sunday a complete pig out day after the half and plenty of wine so it ain't guna be pretty, and Monday will probs be bad too. I will be back with a vengeance Tuesday (well maybe Wednesday as off to nandos Tuesday) and ready to hit my target of the 10st bracket by Christmas.

Hi honey! Just trying to catch up with everyones threads!

Best of luck for tomorrow you will do amazing as usual :) Huge congrats on the promotion, it's always lovely when hard work is reconised and rewarded so well done you! I'm sure you will thrive on the extra responsibility xx

Helllloooo!!!

Well as you probs know from facebook Sundays Half Marathon didnt go to plan.
I ran a 2:40:39.
34seconds slower than my first ever half. I was gutted. It was a tough slog. Miles 2-7 were horrendous and by the 7mile mark I was ready to give up!!!!!! My back ached & I had taken on too much water which led to an appauling second half of the race.

But after having a whing and a moan and all the lovely comments I got from people i 'manned up' and realised I had just completed my 3rd half marathon. Ok, not happy with the time or the race but i'm going to go back next year and i'm going to beat this years time and i'm going to get that sub 2:30.

Not sure if i'm going to do Plymouth half next year as I think its the same date me and my friend are planning on going on holiday so it may just be bristol.

Going to now concentrate on losing weight. I do have the Plymouth 10k on the 4th november. No pressure for this one i'm just going to run it. If I pb then that'll be nice but i'm just going to enjoy it.

I've got a lovely LBD to wear for my specials xmas do in 8weeks time and i'd like to have lost a stone by then :fingerscrossed:

Running will be low, 4-6mile runs and lots of classes. Although this week I am taking it easy cuz of my back but I did step last night and will probably do pump tomorrow but that'll be it till next tuesday when my phys plan will start full swing.

So, new plan and goal is to get into the 10st bracket by 21st december.
I've not weighed myself but know i've put on a few lbs these past 3days. I had burger king sunday & krispy kremes & alcohol and monday and tuesday i ate what i wanted. So today i'm back.

Calories will be between 1,400-500
No eating back the ones burnt unless i'm hungry.
The only downside, I have 3nights out this month :(

Wed 3rd October
B- scrambled eggs, ham, mushrooms, ketchup 405
L- brocolli, tomato & cheese quiche 370
nectarine 60
D- u.bens korma pot 387
yog 70
grapes 120
Total = 1,412

Well done on the run lovely even tho u weren't happy with the time.

Good luck for your plan for the Xmas do, you always do so well with your plans :) x

So you didn't get a better time but huge congratulations on completing your third half marathon! Fantastic!! Good luck with the weight loss plan, you're always so good when you've got a plan in place. We all know you'll do it!

Well done on the race! 3 half marathons is impressive :)

Great attitude hon. Sounds like you know exactly what you're doing and I'm sure your plan will come together exactly as you've laid it out. Look forward to seeing a photo in the LBD ... How about one now and one in a stones time ??? :) xx

Back