1 clove garlic, sliced
1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp. sage
1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
Nutmeg, pepper
Lemon juice

Saute onion slowly about 10 minutes. Pour in stock. Add garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Simmer 20 minutes. Add seasonings and lemon juice.

Ratatouille

fry lite cooking spray
packet of mushrooms
tin of chopped tomatos
2 courgettes
1 onion
3-4 cloves pressed garlic
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 aubergine
salt and fresh ground pepper

start by frying the mushrooms and onions in spray oil

fry for 8-10mins then add everything else and leave to simmer for 15 mins or until everything is beginning to cook

transfer into a large caserole dish and cook on 120 in the oven for 45 mins

Salsa and wedges

tinned tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers, pinch of chilli powder cooked until soft, either keep chunky or blend if you p[refer smooth, bns cut into wedges and cooked with frylite.

Mushroom Curry
Servings | 2
Estimated POINTS® value per serving | 0

2 teaspoon curry powder
2 clove garlic
300 g mushrooms
1 spray low-fat cooking spray
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 medium onion(s)
3 tablespoon tomato puree
1/2 pot Total Greek Yogurt, 0% fat
Instructions

1 Heat non-stick pan and spray with low-fat cooking spray. Stir fry the onions for about 8 minutes until soft and brown.
2 Reduce heat, add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and heat gently until the mushrooms start to release their juices. Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
3 Remove lid and continue to cooking for a minute or two, then season and serve.

Veggie bake (0 points)

Butternut squash
Carrots
swede
leeks
red onion
paprika

roast some BNS then boil some carrot swede leek and red onion then when everything is
cooked i mix it all together sprinkle on some paprika and bake it in the oven till it
start goin brown on the top then serve

nice one, really fancy that mushroom curry

ZERO POINT OMELETTE...

4 egg whites
mixed herbs
mushrooms/tomatoes or any zero point veg

spray and fry mushrooms/veg so they are a little cooked
whisk egg whites with the herbs and add to the pan
cook til bottom is browned and then grill til top is browned

ideal for a light lunch with salad...and all no points...

ZERO POINTS VEG CHILLI

half swede
3 large carrots
large onion
300g mushrooms
green pepper
red pepper
garlic
chilli
tin tomatoes
tbls tom puree
light spray or veg stock cube

Roughly chop mushrooms peppers and onion...fry in light spray or a little veg stock until softened..Meanwhile slice carrot, cut swede into cubes and cook in unsalted boiling water until softened..To the mushroom onion and pepper mix add the garlic and chilli to your own taste, with a can or two of toms and the tom puree...Add the drained carrot and swede...stir through and serve...

can be served with rice or pitta but remember to add the points...lol

I usually make a huge quantity of this and freeze some for my hungry days!!

FILL UP BREAKFAST 1 POINT

Fry Light
small sweet red pepper
portion mushrooms
portion chopped tinned toms
salt and black pepper
splash water
2 slices malted WW bread

Slice pepper and mushrooms finely..Spray a pan with fry light and add mushrooms and pepper..Saytee for a few mins then add the tomatoes and salt and pepper and a splash of water..Let it simmer for 5 mins but do not let it dry out..add extra water if needed to keep it moist but you do not want it to be runny..Meanwhile toast the bread..when the pepper mixture is soft, divide between the toast...

This is a real tummy filler, if like me some mornings you can't seem to fill your hunger and at 1 point it is a big plateful...enjoy

I wait until my son is home on his days off then I'll have an omlette made with 1 whole egg and 2 whites with lots of mushroom, onion and pepper, and a babybel light melted in the middle. Lovely lunch for 2.5 points. My son has the left over yolks in his omlette :)

lisi said:
I had no idea egg whites were free!! Thats so great to know!! Out of interest, what do people do with their yolks? I detest waste. Lol.

U can buy cartons of egg white in the supermarket do there is no waste! Not sure how expensive it is though!

jackie woo said:
U can buy cartons of egg white in the supermarket do there is no waste! Not sure how expensive it is though!

Really?! Where abouts can you find them?! X

Back