02/01/15 Starters! Whoes with me????? :)

Hi everyone,

So many success stories already, well done to all of you with your weight loss so far. I weighed my self on Friday and had lost 5lbs in the 4 days, I was chuffed with that. I then had to go to my sister-in-laws overnight for her birthday lunch. It was so hard. I agree about the social side being hard. When we stopped at the motorway services I had black coffee and water while the rest of my family ate. We then had birthday cake when we arrived, I sat with mine on its plate between myself and my husband and when he finished his I swapped plates!!! :)
I had no breakfast the next morning and ended up with a green salad for the birthday lunch and more sparkling water and black coffee. It was hard but to be honest when we were in the car driving home last night, I felt so pleased with myself. I am so determined to do this......I too don't want to keep doing this year after year...this has to be the year for me!!
Keeping going everyone, we can do this!!! :) x

Well done Moisy - your willpower is impressive. Although we feel deprived at the time, the moment passes and that feeling of success is so much more rewarding. I'm hoping we'll all be on here this time next year sharing our tips for maintaining because we'll all be at goal! x

Hello folks, I hope you don't mind me joining your little group here. As you can see I have a huge amount of weight to lose; a little about me:

I have struggled with my weight my whole life - unfortunately like many others, unless I see immediate results from a diet, I tend to fall by the wayside very quickly. I first discovered Lipotrim, another VLCD, back in 2003, and successfully dropped from 28 to 20 stone on that diet in just 4 months. However, by the end of 2005 I was pushing 30 stone (yes, you did read that right - I managed to put on 10 stone in 2 years...) and so I elected for a gastric band surgery in Belgium, which I funded myself. I lost 7 stone with the band, but then had health complications and it had to be emptied, which rendered it useless. On came the weight again. 2007 saw me discover the Cambridge Diet, and I began that at 29 stone, quickly dropping to 19 stone before my Cambridge Advisor sadly suffered a heart attack and couldn't see clients any more! Once again, my weight ballooned and I moved from Devon up to the very north of the UK...I didn't do anything until 2011, when I once again re-embarked upon Cambridge and this time fell from 30 stone to 23 stone. For some reason, after that point I just began playing about with it. I then went on holiday to Canada for a month and upon my return, I didn't go back on to it. That was this summer just gone. When I was last weighed in June, I was 27 stone. To my shock, I learnt today that I have put on 5.5 stone in that short amount of time.
Now, one might imagine that to put on that amount I sit around all day and don't move; stuffing myself with fry-ups. But that's not true - I have quite an active job and I never fry foods - I have had a lifetime of dieting and know all the pitfalls, but still I seem to put on huge amounts of weight very quickly. I think my problem is that I tend to graze all day long on stuff that, in moderation, might not be so unhealthy, and therefore take in far more calories than I need; I need to break that cycle now because I am the heaviest I have ever been, and besides the practical difficulties of being this size, such as finding it hard to cut my toenails, getting out of breath tying my shoes and beeping the horn with my belly when I get out of the car :sigh:, I am now pushing 40 and can expect serious health problems to arise: I have already got gallstones, and I have high blood pressure and my joints are beginning to ache. Cancers and heart attacks wait in the wings if I follow in the footsteps of some of my portly older relatives: I need to address this now.

Standing on the scales today has shocked me into this; the box of Exante stuff has been in the cupboard for the past week, but I thought before I began I would clean the house of any remaining Xmas goodies, which I have done. Anyway, that's me - I know that these diets work, and I know that being a guy I will see results even quicker than you ladies; I just need to stick it through to the bitter end this time around, and go through the whole re-feeding phase too, rather than just stop when I feel better! I plan on returning at least once a week with my weigh-in. Look forward to getting to know some of you.
Rich :)

Hello folks, I hope you don't mind me joining your little group here. As you can see I have a huge amount of weight to lose; a little about me: I have struggled with my weight my whole life - unfortunately like many others, unless I see immediate results from a diet, I tend to fall by the wayside very quickly. I first discovered Lipotrim, another VLCD, back in 2003, and successfully dropped from 28 to 20 stone on that diet in just 4 months. However, by the end of 2005 I was pushing 30 stone (yes, you did read that right - I managed to put on 10 stone in 2 years...) and so I elected for a gastric band surgery in Belgium, which I funded myself. I lost 7 stone with the band, but then had health complications and it had to be emptied, which rendered it useless. On came the weight again. 2007 saw me discover the Cambridge Diet, and I began that at 29 stone, quickly dropping to 19 stone before my Cambridge Advisor sadly suffered a heart attack and couldn't see clients any more! Once again, my weight ballooned and I moved from Devon up to the very north of the UK...I didn't do anything until 2011, when I once again re-embarked upon Cambridge and this time fell from 30 stone to 23 stone. For some reason, after that point I just began playing about with it. I then went on holiday to Canada for a month and upon my return, I didn't go back on to it. That was this summer just gone. When I was last weighed in June, I was 27 stone. To my shock, I learnt today that I have put on 5.5 stone in that short amount of time. Now, one might imagine that to put on that amount I sit around all day and don't move; stuffing myself with fry-ups. But that's not true - I have quite an active job and I never fry foods - I have had a lifetime of dieting and know all the pitfalls, but still I seem to put on huge amounts of weight very quickly. I think my problem is that I tend to graze all day long on stuff that, in moderation, might not be so unhealthy, and therefore take in far more calories than I need; I need to break that cycle now because I am the heaviest I have ever been, and besides the practical difficulties of being this size, such as finding it hard to cut my toenails, getting out of breath tying my shoes and beeping the horn with my belly when I get out of the car :sigh:, I am now pushing 40 and can expect serious health problems to arise: I have already got gallstones, and I have high blood pressure and my joints are beginning to ache. Cancers and heart attacks wait in the wings if I follow in the footsteps of some of my portly older relatives: I need to address this now. Standing on the scales today has shocked me into this; the box of Exante stuff has been in the cupboard for the past week, but I thought before I began I would clean the house of any remaining Xmas goodies, which I have done. Anyway, that's me - I know that these diets work, and I know that being a guy I will see results even quicker than you ladies; I just need to stick it through to the bitter end this time around, and go through the whole re-feeding phase too, rather than just stop when I feel better! I plan on returning at least once a week with my weigh-in. Look forward to getting to know some of you. Rich :)

Hi Rich, welcome in board! Like you - I've always struggled - from being a bigger then average baby, a tubby toddler, 10 stones at age 10 and 20 stones at age 20. I started Exante July 2013 and lost just over 8 stones - it was the easiest diet I've ever tried and the quick loses motivate you to stick with it. The stereotypes and misconceptions of other people about very overweight people drives me mad and I hated being thought if as someone who ate fry ups from breakfast, chips with every meal and a kebab for supper! I've never felt like I've ate unhealthily or like a pig but like you my weight was a constant battle. I'm back here after regaining 3 stones over the last few months.

The first few days are hard, but persevere -
It is worth it (as you already know!!). The forum is a great help as everyone gets it - they understand the journey.

Good luck Rich, keep us posted!

That sounds like quite a struggle Rich. Good on you for getting back on the wagon though. We're all trying to make this time the last time so I hope that the same applies to you! Good luck and welcome to the team ;)

Well I've had an interesting day! Waitrose near us have a smoothie / juice bar so I got my girls one each...they were desperate for me to try theirs so I had just the smallest taster of each...yum! I got the recipe for the banana and cocoa one, saving that for when I'm done here :)

Anyway, as I literally just wet the tip of my tongue with them there have been no repercussions, I've had two packs and now a little roast chicken and courgette as my girls tuck into their roast...then back to work tomorrow and back to packs only :)

Hi all :)

bb_31 - I got some ketostix from Ebay ;) You don't really need them though. If you are sticking to the plan 100% you will go into ketosis :) Plus they aren't that accurate as everybody's different in how their body uses up the ketones and you may use up all of yours for energy, breathe or sweat them out, dilute them with lots of water, and then the sticks don't show much change. I do like to do the occasional test though as find that change of colour reassuring.

Dietninja - Hope coffee with friend went well. It's so hard isn't it knowing who to tell and who not to. I find even those who seem agreeable at the time, don't really, as after you come off the diet they come out with al the rubbish other people who are upfront about their feelings do. I suppose it's nice of them to try to be supportive at the time though lol. I've told all of 2 people this time what I'm doing. Much easier! I did have to shake up a shake in work yesterday (usually try to avoid that), and just explained it as a protein shake as trying to be healthier, and joking about the Jan health kick that everyone does. Didn't mention it was whole meal and others just assumed I had eaten something else I suppose.

The social side is definitely difficult too. I'm trying to avoid being social at the moment (bit easier in Jan), but my first test will be at the end of Feb when a friend is visiting for most of half term.

Sparkley - Yipee to ketosis :D It really does make everything feel so much better doesn't it :) I'm sure I'm just odd though to everyone else as I never get that energy burst lol. Yay to being less bloated too. Same here on that front and it's great :) Ankles, face, tummy, everything just look way less puffy! For my size, I have really slim ankles, feet, wrists and hands (they just don't seem to get fat lol), and so any puffiness is very obvious to me.

Moisy - Well done on the 5lb off :D

Wobbl - Hi Rich, welcome aboard :) Wow, you've been on quite a journey there, and I can totally appreciate how difficult things must be becoming for you now. Not quite the same I know, but I pushed the 20st mark at the end of last year for the first time in my life. I will be 43 in a couple of months. Post Xmas I was closer to 21st and oh my things were soooo hard (still are, but the weight loss from last week has really helped take the edge off). I could also easily see how easy it is for things to then become really out of hand as mobility reduces. Wishing you all the best of luck now with this plan, and yes, being male the weight should really drop off even quicker. This is where the diet really does come into its own as it can literally be life saving when you are this point. Stay strong and fight hard. We'll be here to help support you :)

As for me, day 10 and all going well :) Stayed up too late last night and did feel really hungry, but just ignored it. Have only had my snack (allowed on total plus - half a pack of protein bites) and 1 pack so far today (choc n orange bar) as been so busy, plus I like to keep my packs for later in the day/evening as this is when I'm most at risk of a fail. So, shortly I will have a carbonara, and then about 10pm a hazelnut shake (really wish I'd ordered more of those!).

Hi Jayne :) you're doing well today.

I had a good day...my friend couldn't get out so I popped round to hers and had a cup of black tea (shines halo).

I did get scuppered in Waitrose who have a new juice bar. My girls were all excited and I got them one each, and then they were all desperate for me to try them. So I took the smallest of sips...literally just touched my tongue...they were scrummy! Anyway I distracted myself by buying a new handbag :)

Hope everyone had a good day and are ready to face another week...lets do this!!!

Just read through this whole thread. You are all so upbeat, positive and focused. It's lovely!

Just completing day 3 of Exante. I last did it for 4 weeks in 2010 and lost 2st 4lbs.

I started this Friday and 9lbs was gone this morning. Going to try not to weigh until Friday now.

I look forward to getting to know you all xxx

Welcome Isis! Wow 2 1/4 stone in 4 weeks, that's impressive :) bring some of your mojo onto this thread please!

Wishing you loads of luck!

Welcome Isis! Wow 2 1/4 stone in 4 weeks, that's impressive :) bring some of your mojo onto this thread please! Wishing you loads of luck!

Aawww thank you!!! I will try!!!

I was heavier then. So I am trying not to expect the same this time lol

Hi Isis - great start and fab results from last time... shows it is possible and we can do it.

Night night everyone and we all deserve a pat on the back for getting through the weekend. X

Hi Isis - great start and fab results from last time... shows it is possible and we can do it. Night night everyone and we all deserve a pat on the back for getting through the weekend. X

Thanks lovely!!! We certainly can do it!

Night night all xxx

Morning everyone, here's to a successful week for all of us. We survived the weekend, we can do the week days. Keep ourselves busy, avoid temptation, focus on our goals and reasons we are doing this and look forward to weigh day. Good luck to all the Monday weighers - looking forward to hearing about your progress. X

Morning everyone, here's to a successful week for all of us. We survived the weekend, we can do the week days. Keep ourselves busy, avoid temptation, focus on our goals and reasons we are doing this and look forward to weigh day. Good luck to all the Monday weighers - looking forward to hearing about your progress. X

Good luck to you too Sparkley :-D here's to another good week for is all x

Need to loose 6st to be healthy weight. Starting 05.01.15
Week 1 - 11lb
Week 2 -
Week 3 -
Week 4 -

Yay! Weigh in day! Started on 3rd so in about 9 days I have lost 9lb. Need to lose 4lb a week to hit my easter target so I'm so pleased to be on track!

Happy Monday everyone hope everyone has a good start to the week too :D

Yay! Weigh in day! Started on 3rd so in about 9 days I have lost 9lb. Need to lose 4lb a week to hit my easter target so I'm so pleased to be on track! Happy Monday everyone hope everyone has a good start to the week too :D

Brilliant - well done Smidge! Happy Monday! X

Yay! Weigh in day! Started on 3rd so in about 9 days I have lost 9lb. Need to lose 4lb a week to hit my easter target so I'm so pleased to be on track! Happy Monday everyone hope everyone has a good start to the week too :D

Well done!!!!

Feeling very positive and focused!!! We can do this!!! Have a great week all!!!

Back