02/01/15 Starters! Whoes with me????? :)

Thanks ladies!! We've got a work weigh in going and apparently one of the other girls lost 8lb just in the last week but not using vlcd.. Kind of killed my buzz but then I'm thinking how is that possible as she is already about 4 stone lighter than me.. :what:

Thanks ladies!! We've got a work weigh in going and apparently one of the other girls lost 8lb just in the last week but not using vlcd.. Kind of killed my buzz but then I'm thinking how is that possible as she is already about 4 stone lighter than me.. :what:

My friend did 7lbs on a none VLCD this week. And she is very slim. That shocked me too.

Maybe I'm just being jealous lol!

Yay! Weigh in day! Started on 3rd so in about 9 days I have lost 9lb. Need to lose 4lb a week to hit my easter target so I'm so pleased to be on track! Happy Monday everyone hope everyone has a good start to the week too :D

Well done smidge! That's v motivating

I have to confess to being a little peed off today...I'm a daily weigher and have only lost 1/2lb in the last 4 weighs :( better get a whoosh before official weigh on Friday or I am going to be STROPPY!!!

Lol I sometimes get envious when people can lose big amounts.....But easier than me lol

Glad I'm not alone then Isis!

This was posted on a Cambridge thread, it's v interesting! There's a horizon program to go with it tonight at 9pm...I do like a good weightloss programme, lol!

Interesting.. Have you done the quiz? I will have to check this out on catch up when my OH isn't around to moan about me constantly watching weight loss programmes ;)

PS - hope you feel better soon! This diet makes me angry too when I don't see the loss I want. You wonder why you are bothering as you can lose the little weights on any old diet!!

You are definitely not alone Smidge lol

I hope you get your woosh soon DietNinja! X

I am 51% constant craver and 49% feaster...5:2 recommended for me for maintenance which I actually think will apply to a lot of people on here...after all, we have to be fairly much all or nothing to tackle something as extreme as a vlcd

Am v pleased with myself today as managed to cook sausages for kids tea with no problems...so far I've been going for food I don't have to handle much like pizza!

Am v pleased with myself today as managed to cook sausages for kids tea with no problems...so far I've been going for food I don't have to handle much like pizza!

Well done! I find it hard when cooking for me boys. I tend to pick out of habit! So I have had to stop myself doing it.

I would agree I am an all or nothing type with weight loss etc.

I am 51% constant craver and 49% feaster...5:2 recommended for me for maintenance which I actually think will apply to a lot of people on here...after all, we have to be fairly much all or nothing to tackle something as extreme as a vlcd

I came out at emotional eater but parts constant craver and feaster too. They recommend cognitive behaviour therapy combined with a low cal diet.. Sounds like hard work!!

I got constant craver and intermittent fasting was suggested. I have never tried that as yet x

I worked out that I need to lose exactly 3 stone now to hit my goal and if I lost 3.5lbs a week on average I would do that by 4th April (12 weeks)...how fab would that be?!

Is it realistic? Or am I being far too optimistic?

I worked out that I need to lose exactly 3 stone now to hit my goal and if I lost 3.5lbs a week on average I would do that by 4th April (12 weeks)...how fab would that be?! Is it realistic? Or am I being far too optimistic?

On a VLCD it should be I would think!

On a VLCD it should be I would think!

I'm doing vlcd 5 days a week and lcd (working solution) 2 days a week...it's less than 800 cals extra a week but I guess I can stop it if my weight loss slows... :)

Yay! Feeling motivated at mo...long may it last

That's a very achievable goal Dietninja. I was looking back at my losses from last time and I lost 4 stones in 11 weeks - which seems crazy to
imagine. But... I was almost 24 stones and the bigger you are the more that comes off initially. I doubt I will lose at that rate this time.

I'd love to be back to my lowest weight from last year which was 15st 8lb by end of March - which is 11 weeks - but think that's probably a bit over optimistic but it gives me something to work towards.

So the programme tonight, they basically put them on these diets:

Feasters - slimming world type diet (high protein, low GI - carbs wise, yes to pasta and basmati rice, no to potatoes & bread.

Constant cravers - intermittent fasting. 2 days a week up to 800cals low carb. No diet but eat healthily on the other 5. It'll be interesting to see a mass trial of 5:2...it's only really been done on a small trial basis. Also I wonder what made them decide up to 800cal instead of the more oft quoted 500...? Also interesting they specified no carbs on fast days.

Emotional eaters - low cal & habit breaking. Recognises the value of group support, including over the Internet (yay minimins!) and SW or WW.

It was quite gimmicky ...all the strawberry picking, what was that about???? And I don't believe we all got into exactly one of those 3 groups. But it's nice they recognise that one diet does not fit all.

What did you all think?

Not watched it yet - have it on the planner but will probably watch it tomorrow. Sounds interesting. We all know what we're doing wrong and what we need to change - it's doing it that's the hard part! Doing it long term, anyway!! Hope all us good with you Ninja! X

Back