02/01/15 Starters! Whoes with me????? :)

It's weird how we can have hunger free days where we're full of energy, focussed and motivated and other days where we feel hungry and just fed up with the whole thing. I guess we just have to have faith in knowing the good days will come around again. When it's all good it feels so easy and achievable but when it's a bad day it feels like the hardest thing in the world.

Hi all :)

Smidge - Awesome 9lb off :D Woohoo! Don't worry about anyone else's losses. Only yours count ;) I don't lose quickly and often if I lose just 1 or 2lb after being 100% on a VLCD I'm so hacked off as think I'm putting myself through something so tough, but could lose that on WW. The fact is though, I couldn't. I would prob only lose half a lb on WW, and would fall off the wagon a lot quicker.

Thanks hun. You're right I need to focus on myself and just concentrate on my goals!

Glad you're doing well!! I'm struggling a bit with evenings at the mo as my OH always has chicken for dinner and I find myself nibbling it saying it's okay as it's just chicken but needs to stop if I'll hit 4lb a week!
Going to take a leaf from your book and just make myself a green tea and have a talk with myself if I try and nibble again!

:cool:

It's weird how we can have hunger free days where we're full of energy, focussed and motivated and other days where we feel hungry and just fed up with the whole thing. I guess we just have to have faith in knowing the good days will come around again. When it's all good it feels so easy and achievable but when it's a bad day it feels like the hardest thing in the world.

I seem to get hunger pangs every day. Usually toward the time I usually have a pack. Maybe I'm not drinking enough in the afternoons or my body is like my dog... just won't accept that moaning about wanting done doesn't make it appear all the time lol!!

Yes very strange why some days we are fine and sail thru it but in others we could eat a scabby dog. My hunger is usually around this time when I know I should ward of the hunger with water but don't want to overdo it as want a full nights sleep. Must admit tho I have been sleeping better come to think of it. Going to watch that diet programme now see what part 2s about x

So watching the bbc programme part 2...nothing revolutionary here.

Laughed when they said water weight of up to 2lbs in first week...ours was significantly more!

Also they could have stretched to a Fitbit instead of a rubbish pedometer!

I also worried a bit when they said the feasters had to stick to low GI, high protein forever...what no treats occasionally? Even slimmjng word recognises the need for a little of what you fancy!

I liked that the dietician recognised the huge mental energy needed when dieting. That is totally the way I'm feeling at the mo!

How to feel good, my mum text me to tell me a diet program was onshe's a size 10 who eats cake everyday

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well I'm an emotional eater (with the other types not far behind)...haha don't I know it! Low cal for me in the future with some CBT. Sound a lot like LL. & it's true it's the only thing that ever worked, until pregnancy scuppered my maintenance!!

Was hoping to be 5:2 as that sounds doable longer term. Cal counting makes me obsess about food, and that plays on my emotions.

Only enjoying the choc and choc and mint shakes served as hot choc. Yummy

How to feel good, my mum text me to tell me a diet program was onshe's a size 10 who eats cake everyday Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com
Oops! I nearly texted my sister who is quite big but she's super sensitive about her size so I didn't!!!

Yeah not sure I could be a long term calorie counter but I think only you know what works for you. And it could be a combination of a few. I see me following slimming world principles but not counting syns closely, instead having one fasting day a week. I know maintenance will be hard so I like the idea of having a weigh in too...

How are you finding t25 on this diet? I've got it and am tempted to start...

Morning Dietninja - sorry, missed this post yesterday. T25 is hard - I've done it before, completing the full 10 weeks while on Exante. I lost a lot of inches and felt a lot fitter but I do think it slowed my weight loss down. I did some research on the web and it seems like the calories in v calories out rule for weight loss works up to a certain degree but if your exercising to extreme and on a VLCD it can reduce your losses as your body fights to hold on to what it's got. I was also doing body pump and body combat classes 2 or 3 times a week so felt super fit (for me!) but I do think that I would have lost more weight not doing it. It's a tough one because it does make you lose inches. My bum and thighs are my major problem area and these lost a lot of inches. This time I am having an extra Exante bar after my workout - theory being that I've probably burnt around 300 calories so putting another 200 in should balance it out and hopefully the good weight loss won't be affected. It's odd isn't it - you would think that the more you burnt the more you'd lose. It must be a very fine balance in getting it just right.

But - in other news..... Lost 11lb at first weigh week weigh in! Very pleased with that!

Hope you have a good day x

Morning everyone...

Drum roll please....

First week weigh in....

11lb off!!! Very pleased with that! Preparing myself now for a slow week as is usually the case for week 2. Have a lot of social things coming up... OHs birthday next Monday, theatre trip with meal next Thursday, my birthday the following Friday and my step daughters 18th 3 days later! BUT... They are all only one meal so can work around it.

Hope everyone has a great day x

Amazing weight loss!

So are you having 4 x 200cal Exante products? I might be up for that because I really miss exercise...I'm going to watch and see how you go for a bit :)

Fantasic sparkley! Well done you! Good luck for week 2 :)

Well done Sparkley! Hello everyone.

I love working out & ultimately shifting inches & toning up mean more to me than a normal BMI %. I know what a healthy weight "looks" like so that is my aim.

I am in awe of you completing T25 as it looks so extreme but it's great to challenge people's perception that the overweight must all be unfit & couch potatoes.

Interesting point you make about slower losses when exercising. I'll keep an eye on that.

Thanks very much everyone!
When I first started Exante in July 2013 I was nearly 24 stones and VERY unfit. After I'd lost about 2 stones I started doing 30 day shred - it killed me! I spent about 6 weeks on each of the three levels instead of 10 days as it took so long to be able to do it. Once I'd mastered that I went on to T25... Then that killed me too!! Ha ha! But perseverance paid off and I got through it and felt great. Toned up but as I said before - losses slowed right down.

Yes Dietninja - I'm on four 200cals packs Monday to Friday when working out. Today I had half a choc orange bar as soon as I'd finished the workout with a pint of water. I've just had the other half as a mid afternoon snack then I'll probably have a chilli or shepherds pie tonight. So 800 cals a day - will see how it goes this week. Also, as T25 is pretty demanding, I feel I need that extra energy to get me through it or I'd flop. Have just bought Insanity Max 30 for OH for his birthday - that looks seriously hard though so will be a while before I'm able to even consider trying it!!

Well done on your loss Sparkley!!!

Help help help!! My OH is making himself a chicken curry and it just smells soooo good. Bed time for me I think :(

Oh I'd kill him I love curry and the curry pack is grim!!!
Anyone tried the curry and rice???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks Isis! Hope you're doing ok? When is your weigh in day?

Smidge - I've just had shepherds pie but added a load of curry powder to it as my OH was also having curry for dinner! It tasted really nice and I think the additional powder bulked it up as felt like I had a bigger bowl full than normal! Hope you're ok x

Back