02/01/15 Starters! Whoes with me????? :)

Well done everyone. Had carbs yesterday and had a great night out with my family.

2lb of my 4lb water weight gain has gone too. And that was weighing after coffee, cups of water and not my normal naked lol

Back to plan today!

Hey all - these Sundays come around quickly. Back for my weigh in; I am down to 30st 6lb, so 2st 1lb gone in 3 weeks....okay at my size it doesn't even notice yet but I have so much more energy (been spring-cleaning the house this week) and am sleeping so much better.. I am beyond happy; I know this rate of loss probably won't continue but at least it is spurring me on for now (and I can't quit anyway, I bought 2 months' worth of the diet the other day!). Looking forward to hopefully getting out of the 30s and into the 20s next week.
Well done on all your brilliant losses, and hope you all have a great week,
Rich :)

Well done Rich!!! That is amazing!!!!!

I am sad :( I really liked the idea of 5:2 but it brought back my bingeing :( :( I know some people have a lot of success with it but I have spent 3 days in a binge pit and have gained weight. Drawing a line now ad coming back to Exante from tomorrow. Only for a week or two, then I'm going on to straight calorie counting (no white carbs...as soon as I introduced white carbs I started bingeing)

its t's a hard journey isn't it!!!

I am sad :( I really liked the idea of 5:2 but it brought back my bingeing :( :( I know some people have a lot of success with it but I have spent 3 days in a binge pit and have gained weight. Drawing a line now ad coming back to Exante from tomorrow. Only for a week or two, then I'm going on to straight calorie counting (no white carbs...as soon as I introduced white carbs I started bingeing)

its t's a hard journey isn't it!!!

Aawww we don't always realise how many diet demons we have.

I am going to switch back to low carb when I switch from Exante. Going to try and eat relatively low carb forever to maintain.

Good luck with getting back onto Exante babes!

Hi all :) Haven't really had time to do a proper catch up for a while, but have been reading! Everyone's doing great.

Isis - Sorry you had a tough time with the start of food week :( One of the reasons I chose TS Plus was to avoid thinking about a food week. Food and I are not friends yet lol. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Sparkley - Think you have faced some real challenges with all the birthdays going on, and have managed them ever so well. Keep going, and avoid those birthday treats. Put them away somewhere and ignore. Definitely easier said than done, but often out of sight becomes out of mind. I still have some stuff here from Christmas - Thorntons Chocs, selection box and Lebkuchen (German biscuits). I also plan on buying myself an Easter Egg, and some other Easter treats, and adding that to the pile. Not even keeping them or buying them to scoff at the end of the diet, as I fully intend to change how I eat completely, but it helps me feel like I'm not missing out if I have them, lol. It's an odd way of thinking I know, but so long as they don't end up in my mouth, that's all that matters I suppose :) My birthday is at the end of April. I am yet to work out how to manage that one, and I need to be careful as even though it's a long way off, I will be at a lower weight then, and that's my danger time. When I'm not feeling quite so desperate about getting the weight off as am starting to feel comfortable in my skin, but still have a way to go. Perhaps I will just write down a meal that I would've had and put that with the other treats to have at a later date. We'll see lol.

Moisy - Good luck with that 5 litre bottle :) I'd never leave the toilet if I drank that much in a day lol. I'm a bit rubbish with water, and don't really monitor what I drink. Just drink as I want it/feel I need it. Only things I have are green tea, sparkling water, and plain water. Previously on this sort of diet I did have bouillon, coke zero, black coffee, and the drink mixes (which I did buy this time, but just haven't taken to). Not sure why this time, but have just wanted the water and green tea.

Dietgal - Well done on surviving the dinner party. Not easy! Great that change in your shape has been noticed. It's not always about the scales. Things are going in the right direction, which is great :)

Rich - Well done on the weight loss so far. Doing great :)

Dietninja - Time to draw the line and take back control. Come on girl, you can do it ;)

Smidge - Where are you? Is everything okay? Missing you on here. Come back and get support if you need it ;)

Hi to everyone else. Hope you're all having a fab weekend :)

All good here. Had 2 very hungry days on Thurs and Fri, but okay yesterday and today. Cravings seem to be under control, but I daren't speak too soon on that front as they usually come and bite me on the backside at some point! lol. Jan has been relatively easy as I haven't had to go anywhere, but think Feb may be a tad more challenging as I cope with Shrove Tues, Valentines Day and a friend visiting during the latter part of Feb half term. I have some plans in my mind on how to cope with each thing though, so will hopefully come out of it unscathed. We'll see! lol :)

Thank you very much sweetheart!

Good luck with February! Xxx

Hi Jayne
I drank so much more water yesterday and have lost another pound-that takes me to 11lb, I am hoping the same will happen tomorrow so at least I have lost 12lbs in the full month before we start the February challenge.
My birthday is also at the very end of April (30th) and I want to keep going until then before I do any major eating. Good luck for February.....actually to all of us.

Well done Rich...what a fantastic result for you and such an incentive to carry on! :) xx

Morning everyone, just a reminder that the February Challenge page is set up over on the challenge forum! Good luck everyone for Feb, and hope you all have a Happy Monday! x

I weigh more on my new scales than chemist 4lbs more..
Eek...

I'm going by the chemist... Hehe.
. Maybe I need a new scales lol

Edit... Didn't realise im I'm the wrong forum.. Oops

Sorry guys :)

Does anyone here use ketone sticks? If so, what shade of pink should be the right one for the ketosis to be taking effect? I got some delivered today and haven't used them before.
Thanks xx

Moisy any shade is fine :) The colour on the stick will change depending on hydration, how many ketones your body is using up for energy, etc. If it's pink then you are fat burning - woohoo :)

Does anyone here use ketone sticks? If so, what shade of pink should be the right one for the ketosis to be taking effect? I got some delivered today and haven't used them before. Thanks xx

Mine has the colours on the side of the bottle to compare it to. And yes, anything pink or darker us ketosis. First wee in the morning before a drink is best.

It's my 4th weigh in tomorrow. It's been good week and I had a 5lb gain kickback from having Saturday off to have a night out with my family.

So not got my hopes up for big things. But still plodding away xxx

Week 5 weigh in. 2.5lb off. Would've liked it to be 3, but still very happy :)

Good luck to the rest of today's weighers :)

5lbs gain gone and 3lbs with it! So another 3lbs down! 23lbs down in 4 weeks! Yay!

Fantastic news Isis and Jayne - really positive.

My birthday weekend celebrations, swiftly followed by my stepdaughters 18th birthday celebrations have completely thrown me off the wagon... Correction.... I'VE thrown myself off the wagon. Its been celebration meal after party after treat after birthday cake. Another meal out tomorrow for family members 70th birthday than THAT'S IT! Ready to get back on track, can't believe we're already almost a week into the Feb challenge and I've done nothing to chip away anything of my 10lb weight loss goal.

Having a weekend decorating so that should keep out of the fridge.

Hope everyone has a fab weekend. X

Back