02/01/15 Starters! Whoes with me????? :)

Okay people, I need some help. I am in ketosis according to the sticks....nice shade of pink! But yet again I have only lost 1lb.....I don't know what is going on. Do you think I may be retaining water??? If so, what do others do about that?

By the way, fantastic results Isis and Jayne, really well done.....and good luck with the decorating, Sparkley! :) xx

Sparkley - Plenty of Feb left. Time to get cracking again ;)

Moisy - I'm really not sure :-/ Are you doing TS? Are you 100%? If you are the only thing I can think of is that you are a lot lighter to start with, and so perhaps percentage wise you are losing similar to what we are at higher start weights, and your body is just trying to hold onto it a lot harder. A lot of people seem to say the last bit of weight is the hardest to lose. I know you feel disappointed, but every lb lost is still a lb in the direction of where you want to be :)

Hi Jayne,

Yes I am doing TS and I swear I have stuck to it 100%, I also upped my water intake to 4 litres a day and have had that every day. I know you are right a loss is a loss and I am not going to give up. I have a holiday to New York booked for the summer and I intended to be comfortable when I go there! :) I am just wondering if I need to try a herbal water retention tablet or something. xx

Hi Jayne, Yes I am doing TS and I swear I have stuck to it 100%, I also upped my water intake to 4 litres a day and have had that every day. I know you are right a loss is a loss and I am not going to give up. I have a holiday to New York booked for the summer and I intended to be comfortable when I go there! :) I am just wondering if I need to try a herbal water retention tablet or something. xx

Maybe you are one of the people who needs more calories to lose. For some TS puts them in starvation. Maybe try adding lean protein?

Oh, I hadn't heard about that, Isis.

When I did LL I did lose 5 stone over 6months, so I was technically a month behind everyone else, I am really hoping that is the case here too. I'd be a bit worried at adding real food at the moment.....the temptation to eat other things might be too great!;) xx

Oh, I hadn't heard about that, Isis. When I did LL I did lose 5 stone over 6months, so I was technically a month behind everyone else, I am really hoping that is the case here too. I'd be a bit worried at adding real food at the moment.....the temptation to eat other things might be too great!;) xx

That's totally understandable. For food week I added tiny bits of chicken to my meals. I was scared after last weekend to do more lol

Yes, maybe your losses will just be a bit behind. There are quite a few people with smaller weekly losses. I see it on other things. You will be fine babes xxx

Hi all, another week down but just 4lb gone this week. Still, it's far better than 4lb on! Congrats on all your brilliant losses - see you next week!
Rich :)

Hi all, another week down but just 4lb gone this week. Still, it's far better than 4lb on! Congrats on all your brilliant losses - see you next week! Rich :)

4lbs is brilliant lol. Well done!!! Xxx

Well done, I'm happy above 1.25kg a week (about 3lb) so I'd be ecstatic if I was 4lb every week as that would hit my 10kg goal by end of March

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Hey!!
I somehow managed to lose another 2lb over the weekend so that now brings my total to the 1st stone.....done in 5 weeks. Feeling a bit more positive now! :) xx

So quiet in here! :confused:

Hi Jayne,

Yes it is, isn't it? I have been checking in every night but not a lot happening! Hope everyone is still okay and keeping strong! xx

I fear the January buzz has worn off. Perhaps a combination of people having settled into the diet and some having fallen off the wagon. If you're the latter, but want to get back on track, please post for support.

I'm here!! Had phone problems and couldn't get on the forum - it had locked me out. Sorted now tho. Glad everyone doing well - I've found it hard but got back on it yesterday and so far so good. In my usual style I lost 5lb on day one... Water, I'm sure. But it helps make you feel better.

I have to say that while off the wagon for my birthday I started to get fed up with feeling full and bloated all the time, I kind of missed feeling hungry and empty. I had some nice treats but some meals I found really disappointing and not as amazing as I had imagined they would be. I think I enjoyed my Exante chilli tonight more because I was hungry and savoured it, rather than the pasta dish I had at Ask on Saturday that was tasteless and I wasn't all that hungry as had eaten a sandwich and crisps at lunchtime! Why do we do it to ourselves?!?

Feeling motivated and focussed and have no social events lined up for a couple if weeks so want to be TS and shift some if this bulk!!

What's everyone up to? How are you doing Isis?

Missed not being able to check in! xx

Hey Sparkley, welcome back :) Have missed you! Great to hear you have a couple of 100% days under your belt, and yay to the big weight drop on day 1 :D I think you're right that the food we imagine whilst on this diet really isn't all that once we go back to it. Yes, the first couple of meals or so may be, but then the awful feelings of being bloated and fat, along with guilt, etc. engulf us again. I suppose the struggles we have on the diet are the better ones to have in comparison. They are the ones that will lead to a healthier and happier lifestyle in the long run. Onwards and downwards now for you lovely lady. Hope ketosis is near for you. Stay strong ;)

I'm still here, lurking quietly but v impressed with you still going, and dead jealous of your losses :)

I'm not sure where I am diet wise, in a bit of a no mans land. Struggling to stick to anything! But will keep plodding on :/

Morning Ninja! I'm the same... Struggling to keep with it since Xmas. Started 2015 with renewed motivation but it seems to have faded over the last few weeks. Birthday celebration after birthday celebration haven't helped matters as I have little self control around food. Started afresh on Monday and 9.5lb down already... water weight, I know, but still makes me feel better. Already feeling less bloated, jeans are fitting better - although daren't wash them as know I won't get back in them!!

We just have to keep plodding on and chipping away. And for me it's about getting back on it if I have a slip up. If I slip up on a Friday I find I end up off the wagon for the weekend thinking 'I'll start again on Monday'. End up putting on what I'd lost the week before and then just keep repeating the same pattern.

Good to know you are still on here, don't disappear! Hope you have a good day xx

Hi,

Nice to see you back on here Dietninja and Sparkley-it was getting a bit quiet-and glad you are still sticking it out with the diet.

I am half way through week 6 and hoping for a good result at the end. I have half term next week (I am a teacher!) and that isn't good. I am better at sticking to the diet while in school all day! So I need to do things that will keep me busy, but not going out for lunch with friends-the usual half term treat!!
I am also feeling a bit poorly with sore throat-(again usual half term treat!!) so have ordered lots of soup to try and make me feel better! :) xx

Back