02/01/15 Starters! Whoes with me????? :)

Week 9 weigh in and 3lb off. Happy, happy :)

Snap, Jayne...3lb off for me too, I really wasn't expecting that but am chuffed! Well done to you too :)

Good luck everyone else! xx

Well done Jayne and Moisy, great results both of you. 2lb off for me this week - I'm happy with that as have been eating meals from the Harcombe diet alongside Exante this week. Have a great weekend both of you xx

Great losses this week then ladies :) Well done Sparkley and Moisy :D

Sparkley - Fab that you are having losses and eating. You are finding your way a different way around, but the weight is coming off and that's all that matters :)

Moisy - So pleased you had a good loss. Things seem to be speeding up a bit for you, which must feel great :)

Hope all our absent posters are okay.

Onto another week we go :)

Well done Sparkley, I am pleased you have lost while eating....and slightly jealous too!;) Thanks Jayne, it was just the boost I needed for next week. Good luck to you both too! xx

Hi Jayne and Moisy, thanks for the good wishes, it has gone very quiet on here hasn't it?

So then, hubby had his week two weigh in this morning...... Drum roll please..... He lost 1lb. He was gutted, said he felt like he's been conned by this wonderful diet which says you can eat cheese and butter and cream and stlil lose weight. I pointed out that he has eaten cheese, and butter, and cream and HAS lost weight!!! I think he's done well - if you could have seen the amount he has eaten this last week and the types of food you would be amazed. The Harcombe diet is easy to stick with because you don't feel deprived and you can eat a lot - you just have to follow the rules.

He admits he had done what we all do... Have a great first week loss then build yourself up into a nervous wreck for getting on the scales hoping for more of the same again. I told him, week 2 is notoriously poor and plus you have that whole psychological thing of the novelty wearing off the reality setting in that you've got to do this for a while. Considering he only now has about 1 stone to lose after losing 8lb in 2 weeks I think he should be pretty pleased with himself.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend. I'm decorating!! Xx

Sparkley, I totally agree, and also think your hubby should be very pleased with himself. Week 2 is horrid, etc. He lost a lb (well, 8 really) eating lots of lovely food! Wonderful! lol. I do hope he's planning on keeping going onto week 3 :) It's also good to hear he's gotten on well as I'm definitely considering Harcombe for when I have less weight to lose, and don't mind going at a slower rate.

Hope the decorating's going well :)

Hi,

I agree with you both-losing weight while eating that much is an achievement and as you say, week 2 always like that....I lost 1lb too on week 2 starving myself on this diet!!;)and we know when you only have a bit to lose it is harder. I think he should keep going too. xx

Hey all, I am still here, had a pretty naff fortnight weight-loss wise with no loss last week and only a pound this week, still, a pound off is better than a pound on and I am sticking with it, although as I have become more 'creative' with what I am eating I seem to be on a kind of hybrid Exante/Atkins eating plan now and although I have managed never to drop out of ketosis, I do need to re-examine what I am eating because at my size my losses should be greater than I have been experiencing of late.
Anyway, here's to good losses for us all next week!
Rich

Hi Rich, good to see you are still here! I went down that same road... Still do!! Start having a chicken salad, then a chicken and ham salad, then a chicken, ham and cheese salad... Convincing myself that it's all protein so fine. Think I realised I'd gone too far when I started adding fried chorizo and halloumi I the mix!!

Thanks Jayne and Moisy - have read out your words of wisdom toy OH. He is carrying on with it as enjoying the food - it just takes a bit of planning.

I'm a bit fed uo after eating some bread at the weekend and being 4lb heavier this morning than I was on Friday morning! I'm sure it'll be gone tomorrow but annoying none the less. I should know better than a) to eat it and b) to get in the scales the next day!

Early start for me tomorrow - have a meeting in London at 9.30am so 5am alarm for me in the morning as travelling from Derbyshire. They are putting on lunch.... Will have to take some of your willpower with me Jayne! xx

Sending you some willpower Sparkley :) Stay strong. You can do it! Decide to, and go for it ;)

Come on Rich, get back to just those packs each day, and ditch the extras. They aren't going to help you regain your health and reach your goals. Plenty of time for them again in the future ;)

How's everyone doing?

Week 10 weigh in here and 2.5lb off. Hoping to hit the 17's next week, and now have under 100lb to go to target. Not much then! Ha! :D Ahh, I'm okay with it, I know how much better I feel having lost what I have, so know that every lb I keep losing will continue to make me feel better, give me more energy, be doing wonders for my health, quality of life and longevity on this planet. I think I finally have my head around how long I have to do this for and how much work I have to put in.

Onto week 11 :)

Well done Jayne, you are doing really well. I have only lost 1lb since last Friday :( I am trying not to let it get me down because I know how it works with me!! Will keep going! xx

Hi Ladies and Gents!
I'm back! Have just caught up on your stories and you are all doing so well. Congrats on your determination and your losses :clap:

As for me, everything was going really well until my sister was hospitalised at the end of Jan and I just started feeling a bit down so where did I turn? You guessed it - the fridge :ashamed0005:

Anyway, managed to keep off most of my Jan loss during Feb and decided I absolutely had to start back last week after the OH's Mum gave me some photos from our holiday last Oct. I couldn't believe how big I looked, I don't remember feeling like I looked that big in the mirror :(

So I'm back on 100% so far on day 6 and even been to the gym 4 of those days so here's hoping I can do it this time :) I've got 21 days left until holiday and a pair of jeans I'd love to fit in for that time so that's my goal!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :) x

Hey smidge

Welcome back. Am in no doubt we have all fallen off the wagon for one reason or another, the important thing is your back in so keep going and am sure those jeans will be fitting you real soon x

Welcome back Smidge, good to 'see' you! Hope your sister is ok? Well done for getting back on it, there's nothing like a holiday and a pair of jeans for motivation - where are you going?

I've been up and down so far this year. If I added up all the losses I've had since 1st Jan I'd probably be at goal by now! I seem to have a week of TS followed by a weekend off the wagon then back to square 1 come Monday morning.

My OH is doing the Harcombe Diet which is good but the losses are slow - he's only a stone to lose so I guess it will be slow for him. But he is eating well and still losing so that's something.

I seem to have a run of being really on it then turning to the bread and cheese and putting on 6lb overnight.

I'm a stone down since new year and 6 stones down from when I started but still 2 stones up on my lowest weight that I reached last June.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on, when's your weigh day? Xx

Hey smidge
Welcome back. Am in no doubt we have all fallen off the wagon for one reason or another, the important thing is your back in so keep going and am sure those jeans will be fitting you real soon x

Thank you. It's so great everyone on here understands so you don't get judged when you come back with your tail between your legs lol!

Welcome back Smidge, good to 'see' you! Hope your sister is ok? Well done for getting back on it, there's nothing like a holiday and a pair of jeans for motivation - where are you going?

Thanks Sparkley, it's a relief to be back to be honest. Official weigh in is Monday but I have had a sneaky weigh in most days this week and have used todays weight on the forum to keep me motivate. You never know though I might lose more by Monday ;) My sister is still in hospital at the moment and in Scotland so miles away from visiting her :( We're off to the seaside for a week in Norfolk. We call it the dog's holiday as he's allowed in the chalet and loves sand lol :p

What's the Harcombe Diet?

6 stone really is impressive! I always found in the past when I got close to goal and was feeling like I looked good I would stray more and more, maybe that's what's happening as you look awesome :) I'm going to switch to SW straight after I start to feel that way this time so I can hopefully future-proof my weight loss!!

Welcome back Smidge :)

Back