1+1 = 3 ... Huh????

JustJinny

Can someone help me understand the Propoints system? I'm confused. It all seems a bit random.

I don't get how, for example, WW Malted Danish has only 1pp per slice (says so on the bag) but if you eat 2... its not 2pp's, it's 3pp for two slices. Now, I am not a maths wizard, but in school I'm pretty sure I was taught 1+1=2... not 1+1=3.

This example is just one product, I have found this happening with. I just wondered if anyone knew why this is?

Thanks in advance.

How can I lose weight if I have more points?
You will see that you DO NOT have more points. The way the propoints are calculated means that there's no half points any more. So something that could have been 2.5 would now be 3 and there's nothing that is 0.5 point anymore or things like that, including the WW fruities (now 1 propoint per box). Because of all this "rounding up" you will see that the amount of food you can actually eat with the 29 propoints is less than what you could have eaten with your points previously
If you read this post by kagome75 on the link below you will find she explains all about how the new ProPoints plan it should help to give you a better underestanding.

http://www.minimins.com/weight-watc...w-pro-points-plan-updated-changes-2011-a.html

i don't know how to explain,i'll try because English i'not my first language.
for ex; a slice of bread is 1pp(1.4 suppose) so if u add 1.4+1.4=2.8
for that reason is more close to 3pp.

for ex; another food maybe is 1.2, when u add two, is below 2.5, then is 1+1=2.

try the ww bread brown danish because is 48cal, 1+1=2, instead of
malted one.

i don't know if u understand.

JustJinny said:
Can someone help me understand the Propoints system? I'm confused. It all seems a bit random.

I don't get how, for example, WW Malted Danish has only 1pp per slice (says so on the bag) but if you eat 2... its not 2pp's, it's 3pp for two slices. Now, I am not a maths wizard, but in school I'm pretty sure I was taught 1+1=2... not 1+1=3.

This example is just one product, I have found this happening with. I just wondered if anyone knew why this is?

Thanks in advance.

Ww sausages 1pp for 1 but if you have 2 it goes to 3pp
Crumpets 2pp for 1 but have 2 goes to 5
1 marshmallow wafer 1pp have 2 goes to 3pp
We yoghurt 1pp but have 2 goes to 3pp
Just some examples of the food hope this helps

the reason why 1 slice of bread is 1pp and 2 slices are 3 (and by the way 4 slices are 5pp) is because there are no half points any more. The propoints are rounded to the nearest full point. This means that if 1 slice of bread was I think 1.3pp it's rounded to 1pp while 1.3x2= 2.6pp, so closer to 3pp than to 2pp (it's past the 0.5 mark). 3x1.3 = 3.9 so it's rounded to 4 and 4 x 1.3= 5.2 so it's rounded to 5! The same is for many other products.

so, just to reinforce:
1 slice 1.3 = 1pp
2 slices 2.6 = 3pp
3 slices 3.9 = 4pp
4 slices 5.2 = 5pp

Does this make it more mathematically clear? :)

Thanks, I was wondering the same thing :D

Back