Extra Easy 1/3 super free

Flippy

I've never done EE, mainly because I'm so used to red/green days from when I did SW years ago that I think I'd really miss only having 2 HEs. But the thought of a proper shepherd's pie or proper chilli with rice is very appealing!

My question is about the 1/3 superfree, some meals don't lend themselves naturally to that rule, eg sausage chips and beans. Could I start with a sf soup and then leave 1/3 of my plate free, so have a smaller portion than I normally would? Can't really put the soup on the plate! I'm guessing it would have the same effect but is it allowed? Tbh I'll probably go it anyway but if I know it's 'legal' too then all the better!

It is meant to be on the same plate so you don't overeat the free foods, but if you are having lots of superfree as a starter and less of free food with main meal then I think this will be fine.

Some people say that you can have your superfree after your meal, as in fruit salad but this will not stop you from overeating the free food

What about adding mushrooms and onions to the gravy and leeks or cabbage to mash, this will get some superfree on the plate.

that would be fine having soup before just leave 1/3rd of plate free and with sausage, chips and beans you could add mushrooms and some tomatoes halved and grilled

Hi Flippy

I have only been following EE and am pleased how the weight is coming off. I don't always follow the 1/3rd super free food rule at each meal, but if I know that one of my meals will be difficult to have 1/3rd superfree I will maybe eat a higher portion of superfree the rest of the day ie I will have a big bowl of fruit salad and yoghurt at breakfast or superfree soup and fruit for lunch. I know that isn't strictly the rules but obviously it limits my calories and works for me!

If I know I won't be having the superfree with my dinner I munch on fruit whilst I'm cooking, fills me up a bit so I don't over eat the meal.

Back