Extra Easy 1/3 superfree food??? HOW??

To make my chilli and bolognese etc superfree i always have frozen onions, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes in the freezer and just add a bit of each no chopping or prep required. Also great to make a superfree omelette for breakfast.

Hi guys,

How do you fill 1/3 of your plate with SuperFree with meals such as...

Beans/Bacon/Eggs breakfast?

Spagbol/pasta?

Chilli and rice?

Veg or fruit wouldnt really go with these meals - and especially for breakfast?

Thanks!

I would have tomatoes and mushrooms with the bacon and eggs/beans
In a spag bol I add carrot/mushroom/onion/celery/courgette and serve with green beans? broccoli? cauli? and similar for a chilli :)

Shirleen said:
I don't like lumps of carrot in my bolognese so i grate carrots into it, I add aubergines, tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms and if i have it a handful of chopped spinach.

And mushy peas are lovely with bacon and egg!

Mushy peas (or any kind of peas) aren't superfree!

Mushy peas (or any kind of peas) aren't superfree!

Which is kind of a shame as they help, erm, the "pipework" shall we say :D

But if I do the "fry up", I make up a tomato sauce with chopped tomato, garlic, onion, vinegar/lea & perrins, simmer till nice and juicy and have on toast. You could add mushrooms, but I hate them personally!

I'm with Wenchie. Whats to stop you having a couple of pieces of fruit before breakfast or before dinner?

A bowl of superfree soup before spag bol?

Spah bol has tomatoes and onions which are already superfree, add mushrooms, peppers etc and you're laughing.

My husband doesnt like veg. To get the 1/3 super free he has fruit after his meal BUT he leaves 1/3 of his plate blank to act as EE portion control. This way he still gets the 1/3 rule in but technically its with the meal.

Thats a good idea Lexie Mu son is on SW he doesnt know lol but he wont eat veg but does eat a lot of fruit so thats what Im going to to portion it up leaving a space for his veg then move it around so the plate doesnt look empty lol

x

Totally agree about the leaving a third of the plate empty if you are not incorporating the superfree in the meal and having it afterwards. Dont leave a gap though - that is a little strange lol - just adjust your portion size accordingly.....!

Otherwise it is additional calories and not really following SW's EE plan to the guidelines.

Great ideas about adding superfree into chillis and bolognaises. Yum! Grated carrots here i come! x

I'm a big fan of the frozen mediterranean veggies (morrisons own brand) - peppers, aubergines, onion, courgettes, tomatoes & mushrooms. Spray with frylite and sprinkle with ground salt, pepper and garlic. If I'm having a pasta dish or chilli then I'll usually bake a tray full and I end up with half of it whilst DH & DS eat about 1/4 each. I also throw a couple of handfuls into tomato based casseroles.

Most supermarkets do frozen oriental veggies which go well with any noodle or rice meal.

Ive just recently re joined sworld, and my new consultant admitted that she sometimes struggles with the 1/3 rule on the plate, and therefore has melon as a starter or bowl of fruit after her meal and said its absolutely fine to do this.
She said you dont have to necessarily have it on the plate, as long as you have lots of superfree foods throughout the day.
I personally have been doing green days, but my friend who joined with me does extra easy and she does the 1/3 rule this way. She just makes sure she eats lots of fruit throughout the day and in 3 weeks has managed to lose 12 and a half pounds!

Why not do Green days and limit the meat? If you are finding it so difficult

The best advice I was given - from a really successful SW member - was to think about the superfree first, rather than as an afterthought.

So not "what superfree can I have with this?" but "what can I have with this superfree?" What I try to do (OK, I'm not always an angel!!) is to plan all the vegetables first, and decide what else (protein, carbohydrates, etc.) to have with them.

The best advice I was given - from a really successful SW member - was to think about the superfree first, rather than as an afterthought.

So not "what superfree can I have with this?" but "what can I have with this superfree?" What I try to do (OK, I'm not always an angel!!) is to plan all the vegetables first, and decide what else (protein, carbohydrates, etc.) to have with them.

What a good idea :)

xx

If i struggle to add it to the meal i tend to fry off some asparagus in frylight, salt and pepper and have it as a starter whilst the main meal is cooking.... it's yummy too

Asparagus came in my veg box yesterday - thanks for the inspiration to cook it!

Some simple ideas:

Cook a quick ratatouille - fry onion (chopped frozen!) in non-stick pan with fry light, add courgette, carrot or whatever takes your fancy . . . some herbs, pepper etc and serve with . . . pasta, cous cous, pork chop, whatever. It's so easy that we do this when camping.

I take my lunch to work which is usually a box of salad. To keep it interesting and easy to prepare I include pickled: onions, gherkins, chillis, cabbage, beetroot; along with tomato, celery, carrot, leaves, cucumber (whatever I have fresh in) and then to treat myself: ham wrapped around cottage cheese or philly light or quark, or smoked salmon, or boiled egg, or left over gammon, or a rollmop. So far syn free and over 1/3 superfree. I have been known to treat myself by topping with a couple of teaspoons of mango chutney, but the vinegar from the pickles makes a tasty syn free dressing.

Last summer I grew my own salad leaves and ate these with every lunch and dinner. So easy when it's on the back door step and fresh - no going mushy in the fridge!! My right hand has been in plaster for the past month, so will plant leaves again as soon as I can!

12 Speed Soup is a great starter or lunch, and can be made into a full meal by adding pasta.

I have a banana with brekky because it's easy.

Breakfast is the only meal i don't always have my superfree with. I tend to have an omlette or porridge and quite like them both plain, if I added anything it would just be a case of adding calories. I do however have it with lunch and dinner, it's a habit I have had to get used too and now enjoy.

I've actually realised that veggie curry is tastier than chicken, cheaper and all superfree.
I love veggie 'chips' try green beans sprayed in frylight sprinkled with salt and roasted. Have that alongside normal chips.

Tescos do a frozen bag of berries for £1.39, try defrosting 1/4 and mix with vanilla ff yogurt it is divine! You could have it with Greek yogurt and a little sweetener, makes a great breakfast.

Back