1/3rd superfree per meal - are you getting yours?

Yum yum :) I just had a load of mixed veg for dinner with home made ragu sauce instead of ketchup, making my dinner FREE/SUPERFREE :)

You can lose weight without using your 1/3, but your insides will not thank you. Living off carbs and meat etc isn't great for you, plus veg is so low in calories and so filling that it always works to your benefit. I think its important to work towards as SW now recommend it as integral to the plan. It works too :)

jasminescott242 said:
yes I think its key to extra easy.for breakfast if I have weetabix I have it with banana and strawberry,yes I know banana isn't superfree.if I've yogurt I have it with chopped apple or pear .if I've a fry up ill have tons of mushrooms and grilled tomato. for lunch i fill up on salad with pitta bread and meats etc. for dinner my fave super free is green beans on side of everything I eat you can get a huge frozen bag for a pound .or I use brocoli,cauliflower etc on the sidex or mushrooms peppers,onions cooked into what ever I'm makin.eg a curry or diet coke chicken x

Bananas not super free? Since when ? :-(

ScarlettStar86 said:
Banana is superfree. It is not however a superspeed food which is where many people get confused.
U had me panicking there !!! Lol I thought u meant not super free

Why is it crazy?
Jacket potato and beans
Spanish omelette
Egg, chips and peas/beans
Pasta in sauce

Soooo many non superfree options. It is easily done as a lot of people choose to follow red and green because they struggle with superfree.

However, emphasis is now being placed on having the superfree but red and green have been around for years without this "rule"

My fave ever green meal is chips peas and gravy - its the northern in me lol but our very strict visiting C said that all plans now have to have superfree .:eek:
I pretended I hadnt heard her and not all C's are saying it x

stivesliz said:
My fave ever green meal is chips peas and gravy - its the northern in me lol but our very strict visiting C said that all plans now have to have superfree .:eek:
I pretended I hadnt heard her and not all C's are saying it x

My C says Green is good when you can't / don't want to bother with SF. She's been doing it 19 years now!

However for me a meal isn't a meal without veg.
I do struggle a bit with some as I've completely gone off salad!
All my curries are either all SF or at least half. When I have chips I chuck in 1/3 carrot batons as well as any other veg I have.
I do struggle with fruit though.

I always try my to have a 1/3 SF

Can I just ask though, tonight for example (I do EE plan) I had a jacket potato with homemade chilli. I used quorn (just because I had it in fridge) and passatta, red pepper, onion and a ton of mixed veg mixed in.

Does it still count as 1/3 super free even though it was mixed in??

oh yeah it doesn't have to be seperate - the idea is that with each meal, however you choose to have it, that 1/3rd of it is superfree.

My C said this applies to all plans too!

Mandlegrot said:
oh yeah it doesn't have to be seperate - the idea is that with each meal, however you choose to have it, that 1/3rd of it is superfree.

My C said this applies to all plans too!

Ah phew!

Most of my meals I add a ton of frozen mixed veg into as I just think its easier to do that. Less Washing up lol!

Thanks!

As long as your on ee that wouldn't be an issue, as most people don't actually measure out exactly a third of their meal in veg. On red you have to be really careful as things like that would be synned

I'm generally pretty good at getting my super free in, I love my fruit and veg. Breakfast is normally porridge with a banana or apple chopped in. Lunch either a jacket potato with salad, or sandwich with carrot batons and some fruit. Dinners are dead easy for me-whatever I'm having I think veggies go. Spag Bol for example I mix green beans in with the pasta, or broccoli florets. I know some would find this odd, but I love it!

Wow, reading through this thread it just goes to show how confused people are with the different plans, superfree and super speed.

I always have a hifi bar and fruit for breakfast. Lunch is usually pasta n sauce or pot shots something quick as i only get 30 mins for lunch. I always have celery or fruit with it though. For dinner i always make sure there is a mixture of super-free on my plate and use it in recipes to bulk things like chilies and curries out.

I always try to have my 3rd if not more superfree with each meal, no matter what plan I'm following. I usually do EE or green. I find that if I have the superfree it fills me up for longer. I have gotten used to having this with my meals and feel slightly cheated if I don't have any!! I think people do tend to do their own versions of the plan as time goes by, but if your still losing then don't see a problem with it, you have something to change if the losses stop.

I only find it a problem when people at group moan that they are not losing and then go into a full story about how they don't have the superfree with every meal but it doesn't matter because they had a banana for breakfast, I think so long as you honest with your self then each to their own.

Oh turned into a bit of a rant that, sorry!

I don't tend do with breakfast or lunch but i snack on fruit so (in my mind anyway) it kind of works. I do try to for tea but as my favourite veg are peas + sweetcorn which don't count i find it quite difficult. I've only just started though so as long as I'm losing weight I'm happy :)

I use all 3 plans, although mainly red & green, and tend to use a fair bit of superfree even on those days, some odd meals it doesn't fit (egg, chips & beans ).

But on EE I make sure I have a third always, and I often have a bowl of superfree soup before dinner too - this is filling, so I eat less dinner, tasty, and ups the s/free

Back