1/3rd superfree per meal - are you getting yours?

I normally have 1/2 or even sometimes 2/3 suprefree with my dinner so think the odd meal without can be forgiven. Usually that's breakfast as I have to force myself to eat anything at all in the mornings.

I have only done red and green plans, and lost 2.5st and got to target. I didnt have 1/3rd superfree with my meals. The reason I do red and green is because I dont like mixed veg and cant stand salad, but love fruit. Sometimes you just want egg and chips and beans! Or like stivesliz says, chips,peas, and gravy!. I still lost without the superfree rule. If it aint broke dont fix it! BUT if your losses are slowing down on those plans then it would be a good idea to increase the superfrees I think. :)

I'm one of those people who really struggle with the 1/3 superfree element. Dinner tends to be okay if it's a meat and veg type meal, but we have a lot of meals like chilli, spag bol, pasta dishes, things like that. Breakfast and lunch I really struggle but I try to have a piece of fruit for afters even though I know that kind of defeats the point!

In my first week on SW I did extra easy and despite not following the superfree rule 100% of the time, I lost 6.5lbs. When I told my consultant I was thinking of doing red and green days again because I knew I wasn't following the superfree thing she told me not to worry about it too much, as I was obviously doing something right! She said get it in where I can but otherwise just watch my portions.

Now I do mainly extra easy as it fits in with everyday life, but I do love red and green days for the double healthy extras!

I'm one of those people who really struggle with the 1/3 superfree element. Dinner tends to be okay if it's a meat and veg type meal, but we have a lot of meals like chilli, spag bol, pasta dishes, things like that. Breakfast and lunch I really struggle but I try to have a piece of fruit for afters even though I know that kind of defeats the point!

I eat those foods a lot and it is so easy to get superfree into them - why do you find it difficult? All the ingredients count towards your superfree so pile them in - onions, chopped toms, passata, peppers, carrots, celery, mushrooms or whatever. Oh any by the way it perfectly fine to have fruit for dessert,it doesnt defeat the purpose at all ! x

In my first week on SW I did extra easy and despite not following the superfree rule 100% of the time, I lost 6.5lbs. When I told my consultant I was thinking of doing red and green days again because I knew I wasn't following the superfree thing she told me not to worry about it too much, as I was obviously doing something right! She said get it in where I can but otherwise just watch my portions.

Now I do mainly extra easy as it fits in with everyday life, but I do love red and green days for the double healthy extras!

Did you mean you find it hard to have 1/3 superfree with things like chilli, spag bol & pasta? I don't think it's too difficult really. I bulk up the meal with loads of veg and serve up less rice/pasta/potatoes for myself. My chilli & spag bol are both usually a ratio of 1/3 meat and 2/3 veggies (most of which are superfree and some of which are free). I make them in huge bulk batches using those 500g extra lean mince packs from the supermarket and freeze the leftovers in portions for lazy dinner days.

As for how EE works for me, I find it fits in with how I've always eaten and cooked, but am really cutting down on oil, bread, naughty snacks (crisps, chocolate, cheeeeese) and booze. Oh and having to turn down all the cakes and doughnuts and other lovely naughty things that appear in the office! I've always eaten a lot of veg so its not a big issue for me to make sure I have lots with each meal. I never used to eat much fruit but I'm devouring SO much of it now which is also helping when turning down the cakes :)

PatchworkPuss said:
I eat those foods a lot and it is so easy to get superfree into them - why do you find it difficult? All the ingredients count towards your superfree so pile them in - onions, chopped toms, passata, peppers, carrots, celery, mushrooms or whatever. Oh any by the way it perfectly fine to have fruit for dessert,it doesnt defeat the purpose at all ! x

I do put all the superfree in the sauces, but I know a lot of people think you should have a salad or something with it as well. x

Back