1 day at a time

Maddysmum

Gold Member
Seems that there are a lot like me, who are struggling at moment. So instead of thinking of a whole week - anyone fancy joining me on a thread thats 1 day at a time.

Each day you can add that you behaved and how many syns you had - what you found hard and / or easy.
and a NSV for each day / or a positive thought thats kept you motivated.

Yes me I seem to have at least one self sabotage day every week! Always next week I'll be better...

So far today is going well :) got some potato croquettes in the oven that look like they will be yummy - first time trying the recipe basically it's smash balls rolled in couscous then baked!

X

Yes me I seem to have at least one self sabotage day every week! Always next week I'll be better...

So far today is going well :) got some potato croquettes in the oven that look like they will be yummy - first time trying the recipe basically it's smash balls rolled in couscous then baked!

X

Ooh they sound nice - let us know what they taste like x

Ooh they sound nice - let us know what they taste like x

They were amazing! Just posted a pic on my diary (they taste loads better than they look) pics on my phone and I'm now on laptop so can't post the pic here.

Definately be making them again and experimenting with different flavours of couscous and see how that goes :)

Feeling pretty good about staying on track today it's much easier when you have tasty things around to eat! And I forgot to WI this morning so going to do it tomorrow morning instead so extra incentive to be good :p

X

Day 1 - behaved
Officially only had 4 syns but did have 2 pieces of half syn roulade (so prob should syn 1 of them at 5 syns max) = 9 syns

My nsv - My zumba class felt really easy tonight so my fitness level's must be getting good

I had 14.5 syns today. Had force feed myself today though coz I feel über cr*p!

But had 13.5 syns of soya custard coz its like rice pudding but I didn't have any with soya milk. Makes me feel better x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ended up not too bad today with syns ended up having 9.5 syns - choc weetabix (2), 4 mikado (2), 2 mini eggs (1.5) and pack of velvet crunch (4). WI tomorrow been pretty bad this week so expecting a gain but that's fine because will aim to be 100% this week! x

Day 2 - behaved

Only had 1 syn today so far, so going to have a wispa bar (10.5 syns) = 11.5 syns total

NSV - came back from operating theatre & was starving yet said no to the buttery toast they were offering me - looked soooo good but I WILL HAVE A GOOD WEEK!

Enjoy your wispa! I love saving syns for something you really want :)

Went a bit over on syns today because thought my planned free lunch ended up not being free so that added 7 syns on :( had been looking forward to pancakes so had them anyway even though it took me over syns! syns were choc weetabix (2), 2 mini eggs (1.5), 6 mikado (3), flavoured micro rice (4), tofu (3), oats in pancakes (3), choc phili (4) so total of 20.5. Only had 9.5 syns yesterday so not going to worry about it :) x

Can I join in? :)

So fired up going back in January but I've been unwell for the last 3-4 weeks (tonsilitis which dragged on and still have a pain in the bum of a cough I can't shift) and I just can't seem to get myself into gear.

Was determined to start this last week off well but visited the folks and mother likes to "love" with food and gets huffy if you don't eat what she's prepared "specially". Then last night supper with my brother and sister in law and it turned out to be salmon en croute. I felt so bloated afterwards I was in bed by 9.30. :eek:

Today I have been back on track 100% ~ plenty of super free food and one rich tea biscuit after supper. Not a pancake passed my lips **polishes halo**

I'm just relieved to feel back in control.

Can I join in? :)

So fired up going back in January but I've been unwell for the last 3-4 weeks (tonsilitis which dragged on and still have a pain in the bum of a cough I can't shift) and I just can't seem to get myself into gear.

Was determined to start this last week off well but visited the folks and mother likes to "love" with food and gets huffy if you don't eat what she's prepared "specially". Then last night supper with my brother and sister in law and it turned out to be salmon en croute. I felt so bloated afterwards I was in bed by 9.30. :eek:

Today I have been back on track 100% ~ plenty of super free food and one rich tea biscuit after supper. Not a pancake passed my lips **polishes halo**

I'm just relieved to feel back in control.

welcome :)

Salmon en croute sounds lovely - but tough when ur not in control of your food. cant change it though, so lets just focus on the rest of your week x

monthly meal out with family last night so i saved my syns for the dessert (even just drank water to minimise the damage lol ) and loved every mouthful! need to stay 100% now for a few days.

fitted into a size 14 skirt that I thought was a 16 too... very happy! In fact I even gave it its own thread lol

xx

I have cut it down to limping from one meal to the next, that way if I fall off the wagon I can get back on again at the next meal and not go off the rails totally until tomorrow!

I am a totally different person now from the person who started out of the SW journey and I have so many things to look forward to but I just don't understand why I am continually sabotaging myself!

I have cut it down to limping from one meal to the next, that way if I fall off the wagon I can get back on again at the next meal and not go off the rails totally until tomorrow!

I am a totally different person now from the person who started out of the SW journey and I have so many things to look forward to but I just don't understand why I am continually sabotaging myself!

sounds like a good plan one meal to the next.
i think we self sabotaege because it seems like an unrealistic endless journey to get to where we dream of being. BUT we can & we will get there so hang on in there & focus on that great meal ahead & the feeling u will get knowing u made the right choices x

Hey everyone, do you mind if I join?

I've decided that this week I'm starting completely afresh. Since re-joining after New Year, I've only managed to lose about 4lb, because admittedly I've only been half-heartedly following (if you can call it that) the plan.

Last week I was ridiculous, I just couldn't seem to stop stuffing my face with all sorts of rubbish! Basically, the whole plan was non-existant last week, yet I somehow managed a maintain at class last night!

Having a bit of a binge last week has gotten everything out of my system. I now feel fully pledged to the plan and ready to kick some butt!

So here goes, day 1 of my new week, and it's going really well. So far today I've had:
Breakfast: "Magic Porridge" (HExB) with Strawberries and Blueberries
Lunch: Jacket Potato with Cheese (HExA), Baked Beans and Salad

I've had both of my Healthy Extra's for the day, but no Syns as of yet. I'm not sure what I'm going to have for dinner tonight, but I'll figure that out later.

I'm feeling really good about being back on plan 100%, and I intend for it to stay this way - this is my positive for today.

Hope everything is going well for everyone else. I'm now subscribed to this thread and will be popping by regularly to see how everyone's getting on. We can do this!! :)

Another good day (so far!) :)
I eat Aldi frozen fruit (defrosted of course) with a Muller/Activia yoghurt for breakfast. Maybe a banana mid morning then salad with couscous or new pots and chicken/ham/seafood etc for lunch followed by another yoghurt. A's are milk and B's are when I get home ~ two slices of wholemeal toast with marmite. That's my danger period tbh. Supper tonight will be a plateful of spag bol. The kids will have cheese and garlic bread with theirs. I'll just sniff. :D

Weigh in tomorrow but given the cock up of Sat/Sun and Monday evening when I was at the mercy of other cooks a STS will be more than welcome!

Can I join you?:wave_cry:

Last week being half term I wen to stay with my Mum, well she is a size 8-10 and has never dieted ever. Well she also likes to cook home made rice pudding, rhubarb crumble with custard and full roast beef dinner. I put on 7 1/2 lb in a week:eek: :eek:.

So this week I am being very strict and sticking to only 5 syns a day and back to exercise everyday.
Scales say so far 1lb in 2 days, annoying thing was I go my 4 1/2 stone award last week, now back up and feel crap about it.

But the best thing was my darling daughter said to me the morning after weighin ' well Mum I don't know where the 7 1/2lb is because your looking extremely slim and sylth like today' good I love my kids.
:jelous:

Can I join you?:wave_cry:

Last week being half term I wen to stay with my Mum, well she is a size 8-10 and has never dieted ever. Well she also likes to cook home made rice pudding, rhubarb crumble with custard and full roast beef dinner. I put on 7 1/2 lb in a week:eek: :eek:.

But the best thing was my darling daughter said to me the morning after weighin ' well Mum I don't know where the 7 1/2lb is because your looking extremely slim and sylth like today' good I love my kids.
:jelous:

I feel for you. :wave_cry: Weekend with mine (who is frankly FAR from a size 8-10) and I shudder to think of the amount of syns I ate. And you can't avoid the pesky things when she's queen of her kitchen. :rolleyes:

Good on your daughter. Mine is 15 and eats like a small navvy even though she is a small size 6. So glad she has her father's metabolism. She is a doll though ~ tons and tons of positive reinforcement all the time. It feels weird, nice but weird. :D

day 3 behaving

hard cause hubby confined me too bed rest so was boring & wanted to eat but resisted (me daily nsv) the naughty stuff. Then tonight synned some popcorn wi my little girl (she requested a girly night wi me so had to have snacks too wi film)
= 10 syns today

12 syns today (7 of them were on 2 tiny Thorntons chocs but they were yummy!) been using all my HEs too so feeling pretty positive still. I like taking it one day at a time! x

Back