1 Hitchhiker gone, one more still hanging on, but not for long!!

see not giving up xxx hope your ok xxx :wavey::wavey::bighug::bighug:

Hello ladies, been a super busy week or so what with doctors, my daughters birthday, my nephews christening and a celebration at Ciaran & Emma's, looks like Lyla is about to have a baby brother or sister.
I am just off out to attend my PIP appointment, can't believe I have to go on a Sunday afternoon and really peed off that I don't get a home visit when my sister who can walk normally and my daughter who can walk normally and my neighbour who can also walk with no problems all got home visits.
My feet are exceptionally bad at mo as are my hands and to top it all off I am having the worst time with my back that I have had in forever.
Still I suppose they will get to see me at my worst rather than waiting for a home visit in which time it could all have cleared up.
I have to say there is a very funny story attached to getting this PIP appointment :giggle:
Friday (1st May) I had 3 phone calls within half hour from a very persistent PPI company, who no matter how much I block them, report them, ask them nicely to leave us alone or am extremely rude to them, still insist on ringing me 5 or 6 times a day and I am just about fed up with it.
So Friday just gone we had 3 phone calls from PPI within half an hour as I said, I needed to go to loo as Mal answered the 3rd one and I said to him as he was telling them we don't need your help etc, to tell them to F off and put the phone down, which he subsequently did. So as I said I went to the loo and was just coming down the stairs when my mobile phone rang, Mal answered it and said to the woman on the other end she is just coming down the stairs if you can hang on I'll pass you to her. At this point my landline phone rang again and Mal answered it and said oh she's on the other line at the moment so can you call her back in about 10 minutes please.
So I take the phone from Mal and this woman says to me hello Mrs Watson I am from PPI and I am ringing about your claim, at which point I completely lost it, I was swearing like a navvie and telling her I was sick to the back teeth of them (during which time she never said a word) keep ringing and they need to F*** off and stop pestering and I then switched the phone off.
As I put the phone down Mal said to me what did the woman from the PIP want..........I said "the PIP?" no she was from PPI bloody nuisances...he said no she said she was from ATOS the PIP people :eek:, at which point my home phone rang again .....
Mal answered it and passed it to me saying it's Robert from ATOS- PIP he was laughing his head off and I asked him very sheepishly if I had just spoken to a lady colleague of his and had I told her to F*** off at which point he laughed his head off and said yes but don't worry we get it all the time, so I apologised to her and made my appointment for today lol
Anyways I will come back asap and let you know how I got on, but for now I have to finish getting dressed and get out the door ...ttfn xxx:hug99:xxx

Omg Mandy it was the funniest thing, the guy who rang from ATOS, was in absolute stitches, he really couldn't stop laughing.
Funny thing was as I switched the phone off I already knew before Mal said anything that I had made a big boo boo lol.

I didn't know ATOS worked Sundays either or that there was a consultation centre only 2 minutes from where I live.
They phoned me about 4.30 on Friday afternoon to say they had cancellations for Saturday and Sunday. My sister told me that the lady who came to assess her, told her there was a 1500 backlog of cases in Harrow alone, so I can't imagine how many cases that would be countrywide.
I am still exhausted from it, mentally. It says on their site that most consultations last for anything up to 60 minutes.
They assessed me on my diabetes, palmarplantar pustulosis and my back condition, I was in there for over an hour and a half, my appointment was at 3pm and I went in almost on the dot of 3 and never left there until 4.35pm. Now all I have to do is wait, anything up to 6 weeks to hear their decision. If I qualify my payments will be backdated to 15th January, the day I applied, so :fingerscrossed: I could do with a little bit of good luck right about now .
I am off to bed now, I am totally shattered and need to try and sleep, all being good, I hope to pop on tomorrow and have a nosey see what everyone else is up to.
Thank you so much for all the support and love girls, you are stars :bighug: love ya xxxx:hug99:xxx

Keep the good fight alive! Don't give up and remember how hard you're working !!

Hi Jesse and welcome, thank you for popping in. I am never going to give up, I have my highs and lows but determination is one thing that hasn't left me, no matter how long it takes, but thanks for the support xx:hug99:xx

Hi lily ,
Hope you have a good day xxx

Hiya Von, having a fair day today, spending the day meal planning, I am not prepared to let 4 years of hard work just slip back down the drain.
I may have put a stone or so back on but I am just as capable of getting it back off, ready to take on board all the kicks up the butt I have received and much needed. So for me meal planning is the 1st step to getting it back on the right track, I have just downloaded the fitbit app to monitor my activities and sleep too and I am feeling full of it today, amazing the difference 24 hours can make.

Hope you're keeping well and I will pop by soon and try and catch up ttfn xxx:hug99:xxx

love my fit bit x it gets me moving , even found my self walking on the spot at 20 to 11 last night just so i could go over the goal i had set for the day lol
:eek:

i have found being mindfull of the calories reassuring as well x technology and hubby are my secret weapons this time xxx

i have every faith in you Lily, you have provided me with such inspiration you are such a star x
so good to hear you sounding so positive again xx

love my fit bit x it gets me moving , even found my self walking on the spot at 20 to 11 last night just so i could go over the goal i had set for the day lol
:eek:

i have found being mindfull of the calories reassuring as well x technology and hubby are my secret weapons this time xxx

i have every faith in you Lily, you have provided me with such inspiration you are such a star x
so good to hear you sounding so positive again xx

Morning lovely, I am where I am thanks to you and Patsy keeping me going and I love ya both for it, I couldn't have gotten through the last couple of months without your support, you don't know how much it means to me xxx
I am still trying to work out the fitbit and fell asleep without putting my sleep programme on lol oh well always tonight.
I am really looking forwards to meals today, trying to use up food in the freezer, worked out that other than chicken I have enough food in my freezer to last almost 2 months and thankfully 90% of it is healthy, Mal can use up the pies lol.
I would do exactly the same thing and watch this space as I'm sure you'll see me saying in the not too distant future that I was walking on the spot to get to my fitbit target lol but as far as I'm concerned as long as I'm moving at the moment that's what counts.

I am off to have my brekkie, got a love fresh mango salad all chopped and ready to serve with some fresh berries and natural yogurt with just a drizzle of honey yum yum

TTFN cya laters xxx:hug99:xxx

Having a great day today, feeling so good in myself and raring to go, going to get back and do a little exercise tonight ....have set up my fitbit and can't wait to get going.
Also feeling a lot happier about my face too, apart from the fact it is clearing up (really needs to clear a bit faster for my personal taste lol), all be it very slowly, I am 1 million percent convinced I know what it is, have to see my derm on 10th June to confirm it but I will be most surprised if she doesn't agree.
I belong to a group on Facebook for people with PPP (Palmarplantar Pustulosis) and was talking to the lady who set up the group.
I was saying about my face and she asked me to send some pictures which I did, she came straight back and told me to look at pictures of seborrheic dermatitis, She has PPP, seborrheic dermatitis and Rosacea, I have been diagnosed with PPP and Rosacea but when looked up the pictures and symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis it's fits what I have perfectly. From having a flare up that comes and goes and may not come back for years, my last outbreak was about 10 years ago to all the other symptoms. When I looked at the picture and there was one in particular of a guy with it all over his face and forehead, I reckon if I could have put my skin over his it would have been an almost perfect match. Even the time scale of how long it lasts and other components associated with it match perfectly....I am excited to actually find out if this is what I do actually have at least that way I know exactly what I have to look forwards too :eek:

Anyways girls enough of my rambling, off to cook dinner and yes it's me cooking tonight as I feel my hands are good enough ...my feet and back on the other hand are sh!te lol but I have a chair to sit on while I cook and that will do me ....having Liver and Bacon tonight, my favourite yummy yum lol xxx:hug99:xxx

As I am determined to get back on the wagon and start losing this weight again, I have decided to start putting up my food diary's again ...so here goes:

Tuesday 5th May 2015

Breakfast:
Mixed Fruit
Natural Yogurt
Drizzle of Honey 2 syns
Coffee 0.5 syns
Pint of Water

Lunch:
Egg and Tuna Salad
Fat Free Vinaigrette
Satsuma
Pint of water

Dinner:
Liver
Bacon
Mashed potato 2 syns (mashed with a tsp butter and milk)
Cabbage
Roast Celery
Carrots
Oxo Gravy
Pint of Water

Extras:
Wotsits 4.5 syns
Apple
Pear
Banana
Rich Tea Fingers 3syns
Tea x 2 1 syns
Pint of Water
Rice pudding
Hexa
Hi Fi Bar Hexb

Total syns for the day

Syns for the week day 1 = 13/105

=============================================================

Wednesday 6th May 2015:

Breakfast:
35g Porridge
Hexb
150ml Milk
Hexa
Banana
Satsuma
Berries
Coffee
0.5 syns

Lunch:
Home made minestrone soup
Tea
Apple
Pear
Pint of Water

Dinner:
Honey Glazed Gammon
3syns
Roast Potatoes
Cabbage
Peas
Cauliflower
1 x Yorkshire
3 syns
Gravy 2 syns
Chocolate Mousse 4 syns
Pint of water

Extras:
Fruit: Pineapple, Pear & Satsuma
Yogurt
2 x Tesco mini meringues
2 syns
Pint of Water

Total syns for the day =

Syns for the week Day 2 = 27.5/105

Last edited:
Hello hun, roast celery is delicious it really brings out the taste of the celery more, I was going to just boil it but got oven on so may as well shove it in :drool: I roast all my vegs 90% of the time except for cabbage and greens or that type of veg.
Roasting really enhances the flavour of veg that boiling or steaming seems to take away...

I really am back on the wagon 110% I am excited to be eating properly again....haven't had a single day of eating properly for 2 months now and I am feeling it big time although my scales reckon I have only gained about half a stone in that time. Fingers crossed with a good food diet and plenty of exercise I can get big chunk of that off before starting back at group next week xxx:hug99:xxx

How lovely it is to see you back firing on all cylinders. :D It seems as though you have gotten through your slump and come out hte other side fighting, :D Just curious as to whether the Vit B is to thank for this resurgence. or at least partly. Your food looks amazing as usual and my teeth are watering at the thought of it. :D I bet your body will thank you for the good healthy food. :D

Hope you;re having a good day. :D

How lovely it is to see you back firing on all cylinders. :D It seems as though you have gotten through your slump and come out hte other side fighting, :D Just curious as to whether the Vit B is to thank for this resurgence. or at least partly. Your food looks amazing as usual and my teeth are watering at the thought of it. :D I bet your body will thank you for the good healthy food. :D

Hope you;re having a good day. :D

Hello hun, not sure I'm over the slump as yet, still feeling pretty cr*p and my face still looks like it's hit all the branches on the ugly tree lol but I am sick of eating sh!te food and gaining weight, so I made a decision to get on with it and get this weight off and I can't do that being down in the doldrums so I have to just get up and do it ...I am a fighter if nothing else, I don't like to be beaten at anything and this weight has had the better of me for far too long :rolleyes:
Not sure about the Vit B yet, may have something to do with it but early days yet, can't harm though can they? I have decided to follow the suggestions for the seborrheic dermatitis and that says to basically keep the skin well scrubbed and moisturised and get plenty of sun (not so easy in sunny UK lol, but I am trying) so last night I used a deep cleansing facial scrub and then a soap that my friend bought me back from Turkey, Olive Oil with Daphne and then moisturised is as much as I could and today while my face is still quite red (that'll be the Rosacea I was diagnosed with then) the dryness of the face is a whole lot better and even feels less like lizard skin and almost human and soft again lol
But me being me I wouldn't be able to go without having something wrong, would with earache, don't think it's an infection, most people who believe they have ear infection actually don't, but it's given me one hell of a headache, so popping the Paracetamol, :fingerscrossed: they help as I am off to Kirsty's tomorrow for the day.
I can already feel a difference with my body it definitely prefers the healthy eating don't feel half as sluggish .
Apart from headache I'm not feeling too bad even the ear is hurting as much as it did first thing lol.....I keep telling Mal to take me out and shoot me, save us all time, money and energy lol but he refuses to darn it!!!

Well I am off to have din dins, be back later to put up my food diary xxx:hug99:xxx

Food Diary :

Thursday 7th May 2015

Brunch:

Coffee
0.5 syns
Home made Minestrone Soup

Snack:
23 Hazelnuts
Hexb
Satsuma, Pineapple and Banana
Natural Yogurt
Drizzle of Honey
2 syns
Pint of Water

Dinner:
2 x Spicy Bean Burgers
6 syns
Carrots
Peas
Cauliflower
Mashed potato
2 syns
Pint of Water
Cup of Tea
0.5 syns

Extras:
Rice Pudding Hexa
Wotsits4.5 syns
Mixed Fruit

Syns for today = 15.5

Syns for the week Day 3= 43/105

Didn't go to Kirsty's today, was awake most of the night with earache, have slept most of the day with a warm bottle on my ear and feel a lot better now but think I have a cold coming and that's why my ears are hurting. I really need to get my immune system working again...any suggestions? taking a concoction of potions and pills right now but I guess it doesn't help having an auto immune condition or 3 and takes time I suppose, I'm patient with most things but my health lol want it fixed NOW!!!

So onto food....

Food Diary:

Friday 8th May 2015

Breakfast:

35g Porridge
Hexb
100mls Blue Diamond Milk and water partHexa
Banana and mixed berries with sweetener
Coffee
1 syns

Snack:
Toast x 2 =
5 syns
Jam 1 syns
Apple

Lunch:
Home made Minestrone Soup (Carrots, Celery, Onion, Tomatoes, Butternut squash, Peppers, Garlic, Veg stock, Cannellini Beans, Pasta and herbs with Worcester and Soy sauce)
Pint of Water

Snack:
Bag of Bacon snacks from Aldi
4.5 syns
Pint of Water
Pear and Satsuma

Dinner:
Jacket Potato
Chicken Breast stuffed with cheese triangles x 2 =
3syns

Extras:
Mullerlight
Fruit salad
Rice Pudding,
part Hexa
Pints of Water x 2

Total syns for the day =
Total syns for the week = 57.5/105

Hello Lovelies, I don't know who it is that's got it in for me but I have had just about enough now. :mad:
6pm last night sitting here and not feeling that bright and also feeling a little chilly I thought I'd have a nice bath and put the heating on for a bit....No such luck, put the boiler on and of course we have a combi boiler and it was making a god awful noise and I could hear what sounded like water running, looked out he back and there is water pouring from the boiler overflow and upon looking at the tank it's reading empty, so like we were shown we topped the boiler up and as fast as we did it poured out of the overflow again, so I have no hot water and no heating until at least Monday afternoon, while I could call out a council maintenance guy they won't do a thing till Monday anyways so I am a bit, no actually a lot peed off...we have lived in this house 5 years and this is the 5th new boiler we have had, goodness knows why they don't last but I'm fed up with it now.
So I will have had to go to Kelly's and have a bath tomorrow, I am a bath girl love my bath and love soaking everyday, even though I have washed I don't feel clean, I think it's because of all the lotions and potions I use ....pain in the butt especially as they only came out and "fixed" it on 11th March this year already grrrrr!!!
Anyways onto food....

Food Diary Saturday 9th May 2015:

Breakfast:
2 x Sausage 2 syns
2 x Hash browns 3 syns
2 x eggs
2 x bacon
Baked beans
Mushrooms and tomatoes
Coffee 1 syn

Lunch:
Home made Minestrone Soup
Pineapple
Mullerlight
Pint of Water

Dinner:
Morrisons Indian Style rice
Mushy Pea Curry with Chicken
Mixed Salad
Pint of Water

Extras:
6 x Pieces Chocolate
6 syns (melted and drizzled over fruit and meringues)
mixed fruit salad
2 Meringues
2 syns
4 x Ryvita Hexb
30g Cheddar Hexa

Syns for today = 14
Syns for the week Day 5 = 71.5/105

these boilers are really messing around now, i would hate not having hot water, hope you have got it sorted today and can have that bath, i am more of a shower girl xx

meals look good x haven't made minestrone for a while think it might be on the cards this week xx
we have had lovely sunshine today hope you have too xxx :character00238:

Back