1 month down, many more to come....

mollier

So today is my 1 month mark of being on CD, I have completed yet another week (which went incredibly fast) and in total I have lost 1st8lb (22lb) and 10 1/2 inches from various parts of my body.

This diet is a god-send. I now weigh 15st 7lb and cannot believe it, it doesn't feel real. I see the weight below me on the scales but my head has not had a chance to get around the fact the weight has gone. I'm not even sure if its ever going to register when I get into the 14's, 13's, 12's and 11's that i've actually lost the weight. In my head I don't feel like i've lost any weight but I can notice it when I look at myself in the mirror.

Does anyone else feel the same? lol

How have you managed to find focus, I was 17:6 Monday and have fannied About with the diet for god knows how long.

I just can't focus, what helped you?

I know this isn't going to be much good to you but when I started this diet I was in the correct mindset for it. I had never felt more dedicated to losing weight, i was disgusted with myself for putting on that much weight that for the first time i'd gotten into the 17's - i just couldn't believe it.

I made myself a 'motivational' powerpoint for when i was feeling like crap, cus i knew, in advance that i would feel rubbish. and i put pictures of outfits and clothes and things ive always wanted to wear but never could cus ive always been too big for it. and i put pictures of me that i hate as motivation not to ever look like this again.

Also, in my head i've somehow managged to programme that food is not good for me, so even when i crave something it is literally impossible for me to go through with eating it, because the little voice in my head shouts 'no' at me haha

I think this diet is very difficult, and it's only ever going to work if you are dedicated and if you want to lose weight. For so long I just put up with being the size i was because i wasn't dedicated to losing the weight, but now i have never wanted anything more in my life. and when you pay out £40-odd a week, i think to myself 'if you cheat, you're wasting your money' and because i dont have much money it spurs me on even more NOT to cheat

good luck, because you can do this. anyone can, you just need to want to do it and you WILL get to a point where you will do it no matter how bad your cravings are xxx

So today is my 1 month mark of being on CD, I have completed yet another week (which went incredibly fast) and in total I have lost 1st8lb (22lb) and 10 1/2 inches from various parts of my body.

This diet is a god-send. I now weigh 15st 7lb and cannot believe it, it doesn't feel real. I see the weight below me on the scales but my head has not had a chance to get around the fact the weight has gone. I'm not even sure if its ever going to register when I get into the 14's, 13's, 12's and 11's that i've actually lost the weight. In my head I don't feel like i've lost any weight but I can notice it when I look at myself in the mirror.

Does anyone else feel the same? lol

It's incredible how fast the time goes once that awful first week has gone! I still remember reading all these incredible stories from inspirational people who were on Cambridge for weeks, nay months and i thought there's no way i could do it! but now two months on i've managed to shift 3 stone and i can't believe it! this diet is just insane! I feel like i've not lost any weight but the scales don't lie! My family have noticed a difference but i still can't see/feel where the weight has gone yet!

shazzy shaz, that is actually incredible! id love to have your weight losses, i mean, im so happy with mine cus ive seen some people on here with losses of only 2lb's so far, but the smallest weight loss ive had has been 6lb so far which is mental!!

and i know exactly how you feel, the scales change but mentally nothing does, i think it'll take some time, but im so glad im not the only one who's feeling this way :p

mollier said:
shazzy shaz, that is actually incredible! id love to have your weight losses, i mean, im so happy with mine cus ive seen some people on here with losses of only 2lb's so far, but the smallest weight loss ive had has been 6lb so far which is mental!!

and i know exactly how you feel, the scales change but mentally nothing does, i think it'll take some time, but im so glad im not the only one who's feeling this way :p

Awww thanks Mollier! From my signature thingy at the bottom (unless you're on your phone!) you can see how random my losses have been! One week I lost 1lb and thought I can't carry on with this diet but I'm so glad my CDC talked sense into me! It's when it's my TOTM my body goes nuts! But I'm slowly starting to chill put now and just go with the losses! I'm going to have to look at the fat photos I took two months ago to compare how I am now as I really feel the same lol! I think because I've got a mountain to shift it'll take another few stone before I 'feel' any different i think'!!!

Well done! Keep it up :)

Mollier - The first month seems like the longest - I've been on the diet for over 6 months and it seems to have gone in the blink of an eye. It gets easier the longer you do it. You are over the worst and you will soon be within sight of your goal - you've got a positive attitude so you'll be fine. Good luck.

Back