1 syn cupcakes with chocolate icing

sorry to sound stupid, are we allowed flour and icing sugar free on extra easy? i gave my friend the recipe and she/we cant work it out - sorry but we are newbies and scared to eat it haha

They look good my grandaughter loves to do mix mix but theres no one to eat the cakes when made these will be great thank you very much for recipe

I just got 9 cupcakes out of 2 egg whites and 4 yolks! (From my SW pancakes, im on star week so im craving sweet things sooo badly!) I worked it out that I only used 18g of the baking powder, because I only used 2 eggs. Ooh Im excited to taste them later :D

debtin said:
sorry to sound stupid, are we allowed flour and icing sugar free on extra easy? i gave my friend the recipe and she/we cant work it out - sorry but we are newbies and scared to eat it haha

Flour and icing sugar isn't free on any plan, but you can eat any food on plan-its just the syn values and free foods that change! Just follow the recipe and syn them accordingly and most importantly enjoy them :)
The whole recipe as listed is 16syns so just divide it by how many cakes it makes :)
HTH

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh they are beautiful! Mine work out at a syn each, when i've licked the bowl of icing clean hehe.
tumblr_llpr6cfFml1qbej5mo1_400.jpg

That's me tucking in hehe.

Last edited:
Cupcakes

makes 16 - 1 syn per cupcake

Ingredients

6 eggs
56g self raising flour (or 28g cocoa powder & 28g s.r flour if you want chocolate cakes) -9
9 tablespoons granulated sweetener
2 teaspoons orange or vanilla essence (up to you)

Topping

1 tbsp icing sugar -3
1 tbsp cocoa powder-1
Choc drops 48 (3 per cake) (mine weights roughly 12g) - 3
25g cold water to mix icing sugar & cocoa

Method

Whisk up egg whites until stiff

In a separate bowl whisk egg yolks with either the orange or vanilla essence & sweetener, add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.

Add the flour gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when done add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.

Divide equally into 16 cupcake cases & bake in the oven on 180 for about 10 to 12 mins, or until golden & firm to the touch.

Wait until cool & then mix the cocoa & icing sugar in a bowl with some water so make a thickish paste. Spread a spoonful of choc icing onto each cupcake (divide into 16) and put 3 choc drops on each cake.

Nom!

DSC02694-1.jpg

If these taste anywhere near as good as your other recipes I am going to be in heaven, they look amazing ...can't wait to try them got a massive party coming up in 2 weeks time...I know what I'm making yummy lol ty for the recipe xx

:) I completely forgot about this recipe :) Hope you enjoy them Lilly & Ria x

If they are as good as your Yorkshire's (still can't believe after 40+ years I can now make them perfectly lol)....I will be over the moon, I have been searching the recipe threads to see what I can find...I get bored with meals quite quickly, so having a good choice of menu's helps. Can't wait to try these, they will be great for the party I am going to, my granddaughters 13th, and we are all profiterole fans so they should go down really well with with your suggestion of adding the squirty cream xx

If they are as good as your Yorkshire's (still can't believe after 40+ years I can now make them perfectly lol)....I will be over the moon, I have been searching the recipe threads to see what I can find...I get bored with meals quite quickly, so having a good choice of menu's helps. Can't wait to try these, they will be great for the party I am going to, my granddaughters 13th, and we are all profiterole fans so they should go down really well with with your suggestion of adding the squirty cream xx
So glad you like the yorkshires too :D

Tip for the squirty cream (not sure if i said it or not before) Rather than filling the cakes with cream maybe just squirt on the side- I found the nozzle blocked up quite a bit and the gas ran out for some reason- The cream just came out all soggy after that hehe x

So glad you like the yorkshires too :D

Tip for the squirty cream (not sure if i said it or not before) Rather than filling the cakes with cream maybe just squirt on the side- I found the nozzle blocked up quite a bit and the gas ran out for some reason- The cream just came out all soggy after that hehe x

Thanks for the tip, they all go down the same way, so I am happy to put the squirty on the side lol xx

my god these look amazing! definately giving these a whirl tonight, as fate would have it my tesco order is due any minute and in there is cucpcake cases :) no choc drops tho so mine will be even more angelic!! Could you use jam and dessicated cocount as the topping instead?? Well of course you could its not illegal pmsl what am i asking that for?! wonder how it changed the syn value?

Hmm sounds really nice...Jam is 2 syns per tablespoon (or 1.5 if you use reduced sugar) dessicated coconut is 4.5syns a tbsp but you get loads for that..might give that a go too...sounds like the madelines my mother used to make yummy...so 1 tbsp of coconut and 2 tbsp jam would make it 24.5 syns...or 1.5 syns each or less if you just use the jam and coconut and no frosting, i think that would be 9 for the cakes and 8.5 for jam and coconut at the measurements I said .......that sounds like a bargain to me either way lol xx

i got reduced sugar jam *polishes halo* and dont have any coconut so that would be...

12 for cakes and 3 for jam :) oooh i do love jam. i have missed jam a lot since starting sw as i dont eat bread anymore. YEY for a chance to eat jam!!!

would they work with less egg?

Just one thing that was pointed out to me this week, use vanilla or orange flavouring or essence and NOT extract ( a lot of people are unaware that they aren't the same thing), extract is oil based and therefore has 2 syns per tablespoon whereas flavouring (can't seem to find essence any more) or essence are free xx

Not made them yet, would have to ask grumbletumble, but I would have thought they would just would make less so more syns per cake (as flour would still be the same syns and eggs are free) xx

ok mine are in the oven!!!!! wish them luck!!

Back