1 year later and no gain (2 more stones to go)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet Returners' started by Lovette84, 19 June 2014 Social URL.

1. Lovette84

Lovette84 Full Member

Hi all, In August 2012 i was at my heaviest at 14st 1lb. I joined the Cambridge diet and went down to 11st 9lb in March 2013. I am now back again still at 11st 9lb (76kg) in a bid to go down to 9st 4lb (60kg). My 30th birthday is in exactly 30 days and I would be chuffed to go down to just 10st 8lb as I will be going on holiday to Greece for two weeks.

Today marks Day 2 and I have to say that its even harder than I remembered...I did everything right yesterday (3 shakes, 3 litres of water) and went to bed at 8pm to avoid hunger pangs. I awoke at 1am starving and with a mindset to binge :/ I managed to withstand the urge but I am so worried I may not be able to tonight. Are there any tricks that work for you :) I am thinking perhaps take my last shake much later in the day maybe just before bed....

Last edited: 23 June 2014
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Autumn76

Autumn76 Silver Member

Them first 3 days are a killer. I have a litre of water in the morning whilst working or faffing and try and have first product at midday plus more water. Then I guzzle more water in the afternoon whilst keeping busy and have next product at 6pm and last at 9pm. I have also made jelly from carb free gelatine sheets in Asda and water flavouring and food colouring. Extra water but have with a shake and you feel stuffed. It's only thing that's got me to day 4 of restart after a holiday and water infection. Good luck d

4. LizzRob

LizzRob Gold Member

Firstly well done for maintaining! thats super in itself! and welcome along for phase 2 :)

Cambridge ice cream!!! Make your shake up with about 15 crushed ice cubes, its like a slush puppy type consistency which is looooovely! :)
    just keep your eye on the prize :)

5. o2fjshu89iix

o2fjshu89iix Member

hey new here bump![​IMG]

6. Lovette84

Lovette84 Full Member

Thank you so much LizzRob!
    I was terrified at everyone telling me that I would gain back everything plus more when I stopped. I didn't go back to my habits before of junk food but i did think about portion control and stopped eating once I felt full instead of just keeping on.

Thank you for the tip....I tried it and the Vanilla was the best! tasted like heaven.

7. Lovette84

Lovette84 Full Member

The first 3 days are make or break .... and I broke.
    I am on day two today as I stopped and tried gymming for a few weeks. But all in all Cambridge is the way forward for me. Unfortunately I couldnĀ“'t find the gelatine sheets here in Stockholm. But I have been dividing up one of my shakes into two shakes and drinking four times instead of three. Plus 3 liters of water.

Knowing that am not the only one persevering is Amazeballs!