Total Solution 10% At a Time!

cherryblossom

Hi folks!

I thought I'd introduce myself and have a place to talk to myself and others (if it helps anyone;)) about the ups and downs of my weight loss journey.

I'm a 45 year old female and massively overweight, no doubt classed as 'morbidly obese' if I wanted to get really depressed by looking at charts and statistics. But there's no need to look at charts for me to get depressed, because I'm already depressed, and attempting to 'comfort eat' my way out of depression hasn't worked. I'm sure that won't come as any surprise to any of you, and I have no idea why I thought it would. Well, lets face it, it's not a conscious thought is it? It's a momentary satisfaction of eating something that tastes delicious, that we think makes us feel better, but actually makes us feel worse in the long run ... but hey, I'm not going to solve that in one post am I? So lets move on for now.

I was thinking of what to call my diary, and I nearly called it 'One Hundred and Eighty!'. That name didn't just spring into my head because I'm a massive darts fan (I'm not!) It's the amount of lbs I need to loose to reach a healthy BMI. :eek: :eek: :eek: You are welcome to be just as shocked as me, and also to think all the same terrible thoughts about me that I think of myself. Again, I'm sure that's something to come back to another time.

Anyway, it is what it is, and a very daunting prospect, hence why I've decided to break it down into 10% at a time. When you read diet advice or watch these 'diet' type programmes on TV, they talk about losing 10% of your body weight being very beneficial to health, so that's what I'm going to do. Lose 10% at a time. Even that goal isn't small, and I'm going to have to repeat it 8 times to get to a healthy BMI. But for me, with such a massive amount to of lbs to get rid of, I think I need to break it down into smaller goals, and take it one goal at a time.

So why Exante? About 13 years ago I did Lighter Life, and lost about 5 stone. Over the years the weight crept back on and significantly so over the last 3-4 years. I like food, I like all the things that are bad for you and I comfort eat. I have a bad relationship with food, so for now eliminating conventional food is the way to go. I've also done Cambridge, but again went back to my bad habits. I know VLCD work, and show results quickly, which is what I need to keep me motivated. And exante is cheaper than LL or CD, but I am aware that it means I'm on my own. No group session, no CDC. Hence why I'm here, so that I'm not alone in doing this.

I know that somewhere along the way, I'll need to sort out my bad relationship with food to prevent the regain (assuming I succeed!), but for now I want to and need to lose some lbs. Exercise, even walking is painful and uncomfortable, hopefully the first 10% loss will allow me to be more active.

I'm starting exante tomorrow, so I will post again tomorrow with my initial start weight, and my first 10% loss goal. Wish me luck, or drop by for a natter. Any help, advice, encouragement will be gratefully received.

Whatever your reason for being here and reading this, I wish you every success in reaching your goals and dreams.

Hello and welcome 😊

I started my journey with 140 lbs to lose.......and I have now lost 58 of those pounds, so almost halfway there ☺️

It is a daunting prospect, and I think you’ve got a great idea in breaking it down into smaller chunks.

The first few days are tough, but then it does get so much easier.

There is great support here, which I have found invaluable ☺️

Good luck with your first week, cherryblossom... you will be into the swing of things by Friday.

DEFINITELY a good idea to break it down into small goals, mentally.

You can do so much with diet alone, especially at the beginning. By the time increasing your walking will make a significant difference, you will already have shifted a good number of lbs.

Cheering you on from over here!

Hi Cherry - welcome and good luck to you! (also morbidly obese over here - *waves obesely*). I think 10% at a time is a really approach to take.

I hope it's going well for for you so far. I'm cheering for you. Do let us know how you're doing!

Back