10 pounds lighter & feeling a bit down!

Mel20

Hi all,

I've been doing SW for 4 weeks now! I have lost 10pnd so far! I got weighed on thursday and stayed the same, which i was a bit gutted about because i hadn't been naughty.
But my friend who joined slimming world with me has lost 9pnd so far and she has had various people telling her that she looks like she's lost weight.
I haven't had anyone say this to me? And to be honest i don't feel any different. And my clothes don't feel any different either.

I'm just not sure how much weight you have to lose to be able to tell a difference?
It's getting me down a bit to be honest. :sigh:

Any advice on when you all noticed a different would be great ?

xxx

Hi Mel

First off, can I just say, 10lbs in 4 weeks is amazing. I've lost much less than that and I've been doing it for a lot longer!!!

Everyone's losses are different. I've read people's posts on here where they've been totally 100% and STS, gained or lost 1lb....then some people who have had a naughty week and lost 3lbs!

I also compared myself to a friend who lost 6.5lbs in her first week. But now, I'm just taking it as it comes, when I lose I lose, when I don't, I don't but stick to plan and eventually it'll come off!

Don't feel disheartened. Just keep going and you'll see the results. You have done amazing so far so just stay on track :) and like I said, everyone's different.

Different people carry their weight in different parts of their bodies, and other things that they had been eating before could've made them look bloated. So if someone lost weight from around their face, or stomach, it may well be noticeable quite quickly, depending on what they wear. On others it may take a while before all of a sudden you notice a huge change.

In the past i've found that my body shape often takes a while to catch up with my actual weight!

Don't let staying the same get you down too much, there are so many things that affect our weight throughout the day and the month. If you've been good you'll probably see the difference on the scales next week!

Oh, and even though it's hard not to, try not to compare yourself to other people's losses, we're all different and all have different dieting routes!

Hi Mel,

Well done on your weight loss:happy096:

I have lost 10lbs and it is not really noticeable and I know from past experience it takes about two stone before others notice.

Please don't compare yourself to others as we are all unique.

Try to hold on to how well you are doing and in a few weeks time you will begin to see the difference if not before.

Take your body measurements and see if you are coming down in inches as often we can lose inches even if the scales don't seem to be moving.

Thanks! :)

No, she's about 4 inches shorter than me and has slightly less weight to lose i think!
All my weight seems to be on my bottom half, tummy, legs, bum, thighs, all the good places haha!
So you have a point, probably will take longer to notice! I can't wait til' i can tell a difference, want to see results for my hard work!
xx

Wow, thanks everyone for your replies and fab advice!!
You've made me feel much happier actually. I've always compared myself to other people and you are all right, not the best thing to do when we are all so different.

I will be sticking with it for sure :) I'm proud of myself for how i've done so far!

Thanks again everyone xxx

I think I'd lost about 1.5 stone before a few people made comments about me losing weight, but even then they weren't too sure.

Once I got nearer the 2 stone mark I had to buy a smaller pair of trousers, ti was only when I wore these into work that a lot more people mentioned it.

I have lost all over, but mainly my belly so as most of my tops are quiet baggy, its not that noticeable at first as I'm still hiding under it all!

I think it depends on how much you have to lose in the first place. I for example have loads to lose and I mean loads and I've lost nearly 3 stone and I can't notice it at all. A couple of people have said they can notice but I personally think they are just being kind. The more you have to lose in the first place, the more you have to lose to get people to notice at all.

I know its easy for me to say don't get disheartened cause we all have days like what you are describing. On my 6th or 7th week I had a gain of 1.5 pounds despite being really good and I went into a total melt down because of it - it seemed so unfair as I had n't done anything wrong, had eaten nothing less or more than i had in previous weeks. I went into a total melt down, did n't stay to group and headed straight for Tesco Express which is right across the world from group. I had a huge binge and then felt even worse for it! Then a few weeks later I had a bad week and still lost 1.5 pounds - sometimes things just don't make sense but look at your weight loss over the month rather than the weeks and you will see how well you are actually doing.

Well done for the pounds that are gone and I'm sure you will have :)

Thanks Alia! :)

I have about 3 stone to lose! I mean i'd rather do it slowly and be able to keep it off but just really want to see results at the same time!
You sound like you're doing fantastic so well done! :)
I am pleased with what i've achieved in 4 weeks and i'm aiming for that stone award now, 4 pounds to go! I'll just keep heading in the right direction and hopefully i'll start to notice!!

I'm going to a wedding in september, going to see lots of people who haven't seen me in ages and it will be great if they notice that i've lost weight!! Just makes me want to try even harder i suppose!

I love this forum, so glad i joined! Everyones advice is fab xxx

hey i've lost 3 stone and nobody notices! but it really doesn't matter because you know yourself that you have lost it! 10 lb in 4 weeks is amazing, go into the shop and look at 10 pounds of butter put them in basket take a good look at them and i guarantee you'll feel great about your weight loss so far!

p.s i have a lot more than 3 stone to lose... one step at a time!

Wow well done on your loss :)
That's a great idea, i think i've seen people do similar things on tv programmes actually. I bet it's shocking when you realise how much 10 lb of butter actually is!!

Don't buy it though! lol x

That's some fab advice! Made me smile ! :) I am feeling a bit rubbish this week too as it's * week!! So hoping next week will bring better happier days!!
Thanks Kristin! :D xx

Hey Mel

First of all, like everyone has said 10lb is a brilliant achievement, you should feel proud of yourself.

I can totally empathise with how you feel, I was in your boat a few months back! I had lost some weight but didn't feel much different, and my clothes didn't feel any looser. But then I decided to go shopping and realised that I actually could fit into smaller clothes, and actually looked better for it, people also started to notice more then and I got more comments.

My advise is stick to it, don't give up, you have done so well so far and it would be such a shame to ruin that hard work.You are not alone when you feel done, believe me we all have weeks like that. But coming on here really does help. I find it gives me a confidence boost and alot of motivation.

Good Luck xx

Thanks Claire & Becca.. :)
I am def going to stick with it.. I wouldn't give up now! I want to be happy with how i look and i'm sure i will eventually :)
Makes me feel better to know people have been in the same situation, good to know i'm not alone.
Like i've already said, i really love this forum! You're all fab and have really have motivated me more and made me smile :D
Thank you xxx

Back