10 Stone to Lose

I weighed today now weigh 22st 1lb down 10lb another 9st to go lol but I will get there.......

hi i also have 10 stone plus to lose and im doing mine on slimmers world i am sure there is a lot of support on here and we can all support each other i am going for my first try out at the gym on thursday womens only for the time being thro

Northern lass - welcome, let me know how you get on at the gym - I'm tempted to give one of those women only ones a go. :)

Hi I'm new here and have been reading all your posts! I am begining to feel a lot more positive about begining my weight loss journey! I have never dieted and never want to...... I'm would just like to change my eating habits and stick to it.... I'm sick of saying it and not actually doing anything about it. I have my brothers wedding in June and would like to be at least 3 stone lighter by then. I currently weigh 20st 9lbs and my goal is to lose 10st. I have no clue whether 3st in 3 months is realistic or whether or not to even set myself a goal for the other 7st????? I have been over weight since my womanhood began (if you know what I mean) that's when I started gaining. I put 2st on when I stopped smoking 3 years ago and put another 4st on during pregnancy!!!!!!!

It's officially time to make a change. I suffer with chronic back pain (injury @ 13yrs) and now my knees are starting to suffer too. Sorry to have rambled on and if you lasted long enough to hear my apology of droning on!!! Then thanks for listening

Hayls

Ps How often do you guys weigh yourselves? as I can't help doing it all the time! I go to the loo... I'm on the scales! I have a shower...... I'm on the scales! I brush my teeth ....... You guessed it! I'm on the scales lol x

I find that I only really take into consideration a weigh-in once a week. Though, I do weigh myself every day, sometimes more than once. BUT this is completely de-motivational to me. Cos it goes up n down, but usually balances on a loss on the "weekly" weigh in... if that makes sense?!?

It has done so much as vary by +/- 7lbs in a week... all depending on time, day, clothing, whether I breathe in or out... lol. It changes so much for no reason..!

hayles222 I think you could be well on your way to losing 3 stone if not be that much lighter by the wedding I have managed to lose a stone in 3 week and because I am carrying a lot of weight it wasn’t hard to do I’m doing it on slimming world extra easy I think we have an advantage there on people who only have a small amount to lose I am sure you will be well on the way and have a good weight lose by the wedding I have noticed a difference even with the stone and I am going too start exercising this week
nicki9 I didnt get to the gym because my daughter is going to go with me and I’m not brave enough to go on my own yet and my granddaughter was ill today so I’m starting that next week but I am going to start the walking tomorrow morning as I am lucky enough to have a nature reserve over the road from me and going to use that early in the morning I’m also hopping to go to aqua aerobic as soon as I can find some one to go with
I have made the first push I bought a pair of trainers yesterday

Thanks northenlass I hope you are right. I'm 30yrs and wear dress size 24-26 and my brothers wedding has been the kick start I need to stop my dress size exceeding my age lol! I eat healthily at home and don't add salt, sugar or butter(haven't liked it since forever) to anything and only use olive oil. I don't fry anything. Great eh? Well the problem I have isn't how my food is prepared or cooked it's the volume of what I eat..... That's the problem!! I still eat fast food when I'm out and order in a take away once a week!!

Is it possible to start the excercise part of loosing weight before fixing the food side, as I really would like to avoid dieting and just go for a life style change. I feel I'm already making excuses.....

I have started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, which is a 20min work out you do every day. Today 25th Feb 2010 is day ONE. I'm hurting but in a good way and it seems to have surpressed my appetite (I still feel sick and it's been 2hrs since) lol!

I think my scales are a little inaccurate as I'm 6lbs down in 3 days lol..... WOOHOO if I can keep that up I'll be back to my birth weight by the wedding in June lol!

I want to join the gym but my daughter is only 20mth and they don't offer creche facilities (which they should).

Does anyone have any useful tips?

hayles it also took a wedding to get me kick started my son is getting married in auguest andi know loads of photosare goingt o end up on gface book and didnt want to look huge on them (even through i know deep down i am lol)i lost 7 1/2 Lb in my first week but i was too lazy to do any exercise
i recorded some programs on the fitness channel and im going to try them out later as i can do them as i really want to try and lose 5 stone by aug which i worked out at being 2lb a week fromn starting 1st of feb so i am ahead of target at the min the good thing is the warmer weather is coming soon and you can pop along to the parks etc with the baby chasingafter them can lose pounds i knowi have a uphill stuggle as i hit the big 50 last october so i know it going to be a bit harder but i am going to get there
i am going to drink lots of water and try and flush the fat out lol
im up for trying annything at the moment

Hi I don't weight myself at all because I don't think it helps me personally, I have 7 stones to loose and am at 19.5lb over 7 weeks with a weigh in Sat - good luck to all of us xxx

I haven't made it to a gym either - too scared also. But I'm two days off my first month on TFR, and really into it now. I don't seem to be losing as much as I hoped at present, but I'm one of those who loses in fits and starts, so I know I need to leave the scales alone until weigh day.

It sounds like everyone is doing great at the moment.

Good luck for the next week.

i have found that since i have gone to slimming world i have manage to over come the thought of the scales annd dreading going on them now i actually quite like going on them with a kind of excitement hoping i will of lost each week . i would love a gym/exersise buddy if any one live near st helens merseyside or easy driving distance give me a shout but we are all doing really well every ounce counts

hi all ive been stuck for 3 weeks now at the same weight :( cant seem to shift it. Tried the ww kick start but im just stuck any advice?
sue xxx

I have 10 stone to lose. Lost 10.5 pound in the first 2 weeks back on SW and WI again tomorrow morning. I am aiming for 2 stone off by 10 May (when I go on holiday) and then another 2 stone off by 6 Oct (for my next holiday). I'm not even dreaming to think further than that yet!

I've got about 9 stones to lose. Blimey - I still don't quite believe it. I lost 8 stones prior to 2006, then after the birth of my first child, Sept 2006 I went on diet rebound and piled on the pounds! I've had three children in three years which hasn't helped with the old weight loss, er, clearly!
Seriously in need of some support. Feel like crap all of the time and want to be a good role model to my beautiful children, not someone who has to be lifted out of the house by a crane when I have a heart attack.
My mother died of cancer 12 weeks ago. She said to me, 'Fay, look after your bowels and lose weight'... I hope you lot can help with that!
I'm hear to give loads of support as well!

Let's get it on the boil!

xxx

Hi there! I too have a lot to lose, about 7 stone! I desperately need support, i like to support others too, great idea, lets all help each other do this! :)

You can all do this as long as you stick at it! I have lost 5.5 stone so far and have another 4 to lose, although may want to go a bit lower once I get there!
Well done all for your amazing losses so far- stay focussed x

I have about 10 stones to lose ... 3 down 10 or 11 to go

update
well to the girlys who i spoke to about the gym i took the push and ended up going t o mixed gym which has been fine havent been for a while as ive been really busy but happy going the thing is they are all so busy looking at them selves and do they look bad they are not bothered about you
i now only need to lose just over 7 stone as ive managed to lose the fist three quite easily really and want another two off by auguest which i think i could do as it only 2lb a week till the end of auguest and my sons wedding
we can do it girlies and boys if your reading

don't really know how the world is going to cope when we al;l lose this weight and look stunning

Back