10 things you need to know about losing weight..

yeah i agree very interesting was also interesting about the amout of food you forget you have actually eaten in the day. Get the cottage cheese and yoghurts on the go! x

Ha this will have proved a point to my consultant. When I told her I ought to cut down the amount of fruit I eat as I wasn't losing weight she said no you can eat as much as you like. So there we have it too much fruit = too many calories !!

It was all very interesting and when you think about it very reasonable suggestions!

When they laid out all the food items and asked him to put them in order of calories I was amazed at the result! Makes you see why slimming world works so well when you saw that very SW friendly massive plate of chicken, potatoes and cabbage was only 300 calories and the same as all the other items there.
I don't always eat my hexas but will make sure I do from now on as the calcium makes such a difference to weight loss.
Very interesting programme!

I agree with emsie, its all very confusing.

I was reading an article in the new sainsbury's magazine and it was talking about protein in our diet.

Guildelines say we should eat for women 45g and men 56g a day. One chicken breast will give you the full amount.

This is because excessive amounts can cause high Bp and kidney problems.

The medical journey the Lancet carried out another study which said we should limit protein from meat to 90g a day, they are also looking at suggested limits for milk and eggs.

So the suggestion now is that we should eat modest amounts of protein rich foods such as meat and diary.

Confused you will be.

Finally got round to watching this on YouTube and thought it was fascinating. I reckon everyone should be shown it at their new member's talk!!

Trace xxx

Missed this...what's with the soup thing?

Cawl (a Welsh lamb soup/stew) is one of my SW standbys!

Thick soup stays in your stomach longer than a "normal" meal, so you don't feel hungry until later than if you just had a normal meal. They gave 2 sets of TA soldiers exactly the same meal; one group ate it as normal and had a cup of water with it, the other group pureed it with the water and then ate it. Then they did ultrasound scans of their stomachs to see how quickly they emptied and the group who ate the pureed food kept it in their stomachs for much longer than the other group.

It was a fascinating programme - it's on YouTube in 6 sections and well worth watching.

Trace xx

Thanks Trace...

That's really ringing a bell ... not this programme I think. Not recently anyway. Some similar test with volunteer firemen in the US covering a forest fire. **thinks**

Back