10 weeks into Foundation - and leaving!

bex

Hi everyone,

I just want to say a big thank you to you all for the support I've had over the last 10 weeks, as it's time for me to say goodbye..!

I decided earlier this week that, as I'm now at a healthy weight, I would like to lose my last stone or so on Weight Watchers. As I can't join until next week, I've spent this week eating my own menu of fruit, vegetables, plain salad and chicken and I actually feel really proud of myself. Even though I haven't even finished Foundation, I really do feel now that I have the tools to eat healthily and lose the rest of my weight whilst being able to eat!

I'm still drinking my 4 litres of water each day, I haven't gone back to caffeine as I don't miss it, and I've had chocolate bars/yoghurts/biscuits in the fridge but haven't even thought about touching them - not at least until I've started Weight Watchers properly! I did have a moment with a packet of Hobnobs (!), but I was able to say 'no' and put them back in the cupboard and they've stayed there since - 10 weeks ago the packet would have been gone minutes after seeing them!!

Just to let you know, I do not have one bad word to say about LL and I'm so grateful to have been given the ability to be able to lose 2 and a half stone in just 10 weeks. I do feel good about my decision to leave though. It might take me a little longer doing it this way, but I'm not concerned, so long as I'm losing, I'll be happy!

I know I'm not leaving Lighterlife because I've hit a weak spot or I've lost my determination - in fact, leaving Lighterlife has only made me more determined not to put any of the weight I've lost back on! I just know that now I really do have the ability to bring food back into my life without having a major disaster. This week has been 'adult voice' all the way.. and heres to hoping that's the way it stays for good!

Anyway, end of essay!! Once again, thanks for all your support over the last 10 weeks - you are all fabulous people! Good luck to you all - I will come back here every so often to check in on everyone's progress!!

Best wishes,

Bex

Well done Bex, I wish I felt this positive after 26 or so weeks on LL:) Do post back in and let us all know how you get on with a "conventional" diet after LL - I would be very interested to hear as I wonder if the slower weightloss can be demotivating after such fast losses with LL. You sound as if you are in a very positive place and there is no doubt you will succeed if you keep in this frame of mind. Well done and all the best. xxx

You sound like you have your head in the same place - and we're always here for you - in a way doing WW will be a bit like you're doing LL management anyway - so it would be great to hear your experiences of returning to food and 'normality'

S
x

Well done Bex, it's great to hear the way you feel - very positive.

All the best for WW, I'm sure you'll do great.

Can totally relate to how you feel! I have been really struggling due to crappy losses and have just got off phne with much loved & respected cousin who thiks I should stop LL due to BP...I'll see how Tuesdays WI goes...Do keep us updated on how you get on with WW & well done or resisting biccies!

Welcome to the world of WW. Make sure you post on the WW threads, its invaluable for support. Good luck hun, but I must admit if you stick to the principles, you won't need luck, I am loving it! xxx

Good luck with WW Bex. Will be interested to see if you put weight on initially, even if you stick with the plan?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Back