100% atkins - my journal

Is there? I haven't seen that, I'll have to be more observant Slushy

are you on induction slushy? If so you cant have tinned tomatoes for your chilli. :(

and welcome :D

Thanks LVLLT

Yes I am on induction . Shame about Toms cause i love em in all shape and form but I did know I cant have them. I have made what I am calling chili but what is really just spicy mince meat lol

I just need to heat it up and simmer it a bit tonight
I fried the mince off in its own fat and a drop of oil with the garlic and added about 1/4 chopped red chili. a tbsp of chopped green pepper, a small chopped mushroom, a drop of chicken stock i made at home, chili powder and parika, i shall add some cilantro/corriander later once its cooked

i know i cant have onions as such but can i sprinkle on the chopped green ends of some spring onions when its cooked?

Scallions are better than Onions Slushy, just factor in the carb count

and so you are Stephen. :)

Hi Slushy and welcome, your menu's sound great! good luck x

ty wannabe
off to work today so wont be posting till much later
when i was oon a vlcd i would have been panicing now about what liquids i could take on board, (i fly) how i would resist the food, whether i could take my powders into the usa etc
today i dont have to worry about it : )
feel really relaxed and know ill find something i can eat even if only meat and sald : )
see you all later tonight when i get there
have a good'un
x

Morning slushy, you work for an airline love?

Morning Jim ( and everyopne else too ) all beit a week late : )

Been working for 6 days straight and had issues with my laptop so havent been on here for a while - have a ton of catching up to do today

Well I have flown transatlantic four times and slept in three different hotels since I was last on. I have to admit it was OK but not as easy Atkins wise as I had expected.

I took my own food on board - shrimp salads, pepperami, cheese and salami etc and that was fine. BUT finding hot food I could eat in the hotels was difficult - yes I could easily get a burger or piece of chicken or steak but I was craving green veggies and that was next to impossible!

Anyway I stuck to it - ate more salad leaves in the week than I have ever eaten in my life and black tea is now so much part of my life that I prefer it to white - I never thought that would ever happen as I am a real tea bag.

Yesterday when I got home I had been up for a total of 29 hours straight and was in serious carb craving and danger of falling off the wagon. I have no splenda in the house but I made up my first ever Mim --- OMG!!!!!!!! what a life saver that was. DIVINE! I am now planning to have one for breccy every day I am home.

Today was weigh day for me. Now I am going to admit that I have done things I shouldnt do on induction - so if youre reading this and you dont want to be tempted stop reading: I have drunk a lot of coke zero all week, I have had 3 atkins bars in times when nothing else was available and I have eaten more cheese than I should have- but not a huge amount more -and I have probably drunk nowhere near enough water - but I have checked my strips and been in ketosis all week - - anyway I have still lost a feel good 4 lbs! I have to say I am thrilled because I did that with no hardship and know I can carry on with this way of eating till the last 4lbs have gone too : )

Oh and - I didnt really get atkins flu either - though I was headachey and muscle achey for about 24 hours midweek.

Just writing my shopping list for tescos now - craving some sashimi - does anyone know if its ok to eat wasabi paste?

will check the other zillion threads and diaries I have missed later on.

Hope youre all well and gettingskinny xxxx

Thank god for mims lol!

Well done - 5 lb is an amazing loss and you have done soooo well.
Keep going :D

Morning Slushy, well done on that 5lbs :)

Today I learned the perils of stepping on the scales too often - up 4 whole pounds from yesterday!! Not going to take too much notice of it but have decided I was geting a little bit too creative and am going to take Jims advice and KEEP IT SIMPLE from now on

Can I ask how many carbs a day inductioners are managing to actually consume? I have put my food for today into fat secret and it only comes to 9.61 carbs - - - is it ok to be that low or do I need to up it?

On the good news front - I have proof today that measurements matter more than scales - - I actually didnt do my measurements when I started but I do have four sizes of clothes in my wardrobe that I judge myself by.....

I had been wearing size 18 work trousers up til now - though I have to admit that they were a tad on the big side - anyway this morning I got into the 14s and that was without my big 'hold-it-all-in' body shaper knickers underneath too - - am well chuffed!

Back