100 Calorie Snacks

Sainsburys do a good selection of low-fat crisp/snack things, including toffee popcorn. I also have the Highlights chocolate dipped hoop things.

I really like the s.f bars... but sometimes have a banana instead for a change or some sort of fruit... but I didnt think of finding 100kcal alternatives.. thanks!

I loved the Special K Mini Breaks! I used to be able to buy the packets individually close to where I worked, and while it wasn't very efficient financially, at least I didn't have a whole box of them to binge on. Some yogurts are good, but you need to make sure you check portion size with those. Cut up veg with a little bit of light dressing worked really well for me as well.

oooh i have tonnes of these up my sleeve :)
munch bunch fromage frais - you can get the big 80g ones in a 4 pack and they are under 100 - somewhere between 80 and 100 depending on the flavours
snack a jacks! - you can get the big round ones for 50cal each
rice cakes with houmous - I think a rice cake is around 35 cal so you can afford a reasonable helping of low fat houmous :)
wotsits!
most cereal bars - e.g. coco pops are about 85 cal - perfect for a choco fix and a bit more filling than the SF bars
there are so many yummy things for under 100 cals, I'll keep thinking & adding, I'm sure I use way more than this :jelous:xxx

oooh i have tonnes of these up my sleeve :)
munch bunch fromage frais - you can get the big 80g ones in a 4 pack and they are under 100 - somewhere between 80 and 100 depending on the flavours
snack a jacks! - you can get the big round ones for 50cal each
rice cakes with houmous - I think a rice cake is around 35 cal so you can afford a reasonable helping of low fat houmous :)
wotsits!
most cereal bars - e.g. coco pops are about 85 cal - perfect for a choco fix and a bit more filling than the SF bars
there are so many yummy things for under 100 cals, I'll keep thinking & adding, I'm sure I use way more than this :jelous:xxx

Ohh... Coco pop bars sound good!! Prob cheaper than S.F too... thx gymfiend:)

Try checking some kids' snacks. Marks and Spencers has these little pots of soft cheese with breadsticks, I'm not too sure the calorie content, but I don't think it was unreasonable...

I like kids food; its enough to feed your cravings but not too much to be too detrimental!

I have a rotation of these lol:

skinny cow ice cream lollys
apple
banana
shape or muller yoghurt
2 x ryvita with a low fat cheese spread (the triangles are best cause you know exactly how many calories they are)
snack-a-jacks
kit kat (2 fingers)
heinz tomato cup a soup (only 54 calories!)
2 x nimble bread toasted with vitalite spread
most cereal bars are under 100 cals

If there's something that I really fancy eating that isn't too healthy I work out the amount of calories per gram from the nutritional information and weigh out what equates to 100 cals. Sad but I can eat whatever I want that way lol! Even ben and jerrys chocolate fudge brownie frozen yoghurt which is my one weakness!

I can't leave ben and jerrys when I start... I'd weigh out my 100cals worth and then sneak the tub back out and polish it off lol!!

If there's something that I really fancy eating that isn't too healthy I work out the amount of calories per gram from the nutritional information and weigh out what equates to 100 cals.

How do you calculate it? example if I have something that is 62 calories per 100g who do I work out the calories per gram?

Silly me I know... the math would be x calories / 100(g) so 62/100 which is 0.62 calories per gram but then how do I work out how many grams i can have to make 100 calories eeeek it's too much hard work I'll stick to stuff that says <100 calories on the pack :D

I have discovered rice slims from Aldi, there are 4 packs in a box and each pack is 98 calories there are around 10 rice slims in each pack and are really tasty, my faves are the caramel flavour but they do savoury ones too. my favourite snack when I am desperate for something sweet is sugar free jelly made up with a diet fizzy drink such as diet lilt or one cal, really really nice.

I went to Tesco today and bought some no sugar jelly I'll make it up later :)

They moved everything round in my local Tesco so I had to go hunting for the things I usually get and stumbled upon a couple of new snacks...

Light Choices Dutch bread dipped in Light Choices Garlic and Onion dip YUM YUM!
Light Choices Carrot and Orange cakes 95 calories each and they are so moist and sweet:drool:

Anyone tried the Hartleys sugar free/ no added sugar jelly pots? Less than 10 calories per pot and they're so yummy! Perfect for when I'm craving something sweet.

Also superdrug do these little oat chocolate chip cookies, 100 calories per bag. OOh and ryvita limbos are nice too especially as they're only 63 calories a bag! hehe

Back