100% cocoa, is it allowed?

flowerfae

Not on the cruise stage yet,,,, but I was just wondering, hotel chocalat do a 100% cocoa bar, can we have this seen as there is nothing but cocoa beans in it?

Not on the cruise stage yet,,,, but I was just wondering, hotel chocolat do a 100% cocoa bar, can we have this seen as there is nothing but cocoa beans in it?

If it is pure cocoa then it'll taste disgusting! I don't see how they can make a chocolate bar with only cocoa beans to be honest and looking at the website there are no ingredients or nutritional value.

I shouldn't have looked - all those half price Easter goodies!

Haven't helped much have I :D

Zakcat, it was wishful thinking on my part :) how can it stick together in a bar if no other ingredients? Or am I being thick? X

Zakcat, it was wishful thinking on my part :) how can it stick together in a bar if no other ingredients? Or am I being thick? X

I thought that as well and unless you're a real big dark chocolate fan probably not very nice either. Just looked on google and it says no dairy or added sugar but must be naturally high in sugar and probably naturally contains fat too. Stick to a skimmed milk/cocoa powder drink!

I will have a look at the ingredients tommorrow - there is a shop in town- but i reckon its forbidden (even assuming it tasted worth it)! The 100% refers to the cocoa solids - there is almost certainly cocoa butter (fat) and sugar. Sorry!

I will have a look at the ingredients tommorrow - there is a shop in town- but i reckon its forbidden (even assuming it tasted worth it)! The 100% refers to the cocoa solids - there is almost certainly cocoa butter (fat) and sugar. Sorry!

I think it is definitely a no no Supertonic as I said but there is no added sugar. That'll be why it tastes so revolting!

It's bad news

100% bars are usually about 60% fat and 30% carb

100% bars are usually designed for baking, not eating, and they are astoundingly bitter.

Yup no sugar but cocoa solids, cocoa butter and lethicin (?)
Looks pretty deadly! Probably not worth the effort to eat in the normal way. But it got me wondering whether i could use it to flavour something - with that kind of strong flavour only need a little. Or then again, perhaps not...!

Back