100 Days til Christmas Challenge

Wallywithabrolly

Okay so I have about 100 days before I jet off on holiday this Christmas, I calculate that to be about 16 weeks. I have already lost over 5 stones, but want to lose at least 2 more.

I have been messing about a lot over the last month, losing here and there and then putting it on again - culminating in lots of pizza and ice cream last night.....so it seems that although I thought I had learned a lot whilst doing the VLCD, not much has stuck. The one thing I have done religiously is get on the scales, not a morning has gone past when I have not braved the scales to see what they say - that proves to me that I must have changed something....even if it is quite small.

So I have a few things planned to keep me on track:

1. I have my countdown calendar on the wall with each of my 100 days clearly marked, I will give myself a sticker for each day! (clearly motivated by stickers, doesn't take much)
2. I promised myself one charm on my bracelet for every stone I lost, I now have 5 charms and I want at least 2 more (there is a christmas one I was aching for last year) so I am going to get those
3. I am going to come and pour my thoughts out on minimims as many times a day as it takes to keep me on track
4. I am going to remember that about this time last year I started a thread similar to this weighing 17.10 stones, no one can take the achievement of weight loss away from me.....but me - and I am not going to do it to myself again
5. I am going to take all the support I can get
6. I am going to get some new clothes, so far I haven't bought anything new and am going to wait to shed another stone before I get anything!

So here's to being back in control again and to the next 100 days :)

Its day two today of my 100 days to christmas challenge, so the scales read 4lbs off this morning which leaves me only 38lbs left to go. Yesterday was a fab day - lots of energy, didn't feel hungry or deprived and feels good being back in control. Having revisited the reasons I want to lose weight I have realised that the main problem for me is that I have never, ever reached a target weight that I have set - I have always got to a point where I felt happy and then stopped. Well now I have set myself an ambitious target (it would put my BMI at 21) so that I have wiggle room when I get there.

Problem today is work - I am working in London today which means cars, trains etc. how do I time my shakes (no bars or meals at the moment).....I think I might have my breakfast shake about 9.30am and then make sure I have another one in my bag ready for if I get hungry later.When I am sitting watching everyone else eat their amazing looking lunches I will have to imagine that the cake/ice cream/do-nuts/pizza that I ate which made me fat and is still sitting on my hips is still there - that should keep me going!

So another 99 days to go...roll on christmas.

Day three today and the scales are an incredible 8 lbs down....so now even I think they are broken, but hey ho - I will take an official reading on friday and see what I think then!
Three shakes a day is decidedly easy to manage, I don't have to think about what I am having, how just when - my hubby says it will get boring after a while but i am ready for when that happens.

Had lots of distraction today, been to the cinema (popcorn and chocolate), made cakes and watched everyone eat their dinner and tea......and my will power is holding strong. Only another 97 days after today....bring it on:D

Okay .....day 4 today and still slightly sceptical about the scales which say I am already 11lbs down, I am hoping that is a true reading (even though it is only water) it makes me feel great and puts me only a whisker away from the next stone boundary and .....drumroll......a healthy BMI.

Things are still really going well, there is no pressure from anyone but myself (hubby is still really supportive - but worried that the scales have dropped so quickly and thinks my goal of 3 stone is too much and that I wont be healthy at that weight). I have 97 days to go - so I am keeping myself motivated my thinking about what charm I am going to have on my bracelet for my sixth stone: I want it to be something meaningful - because six stone is a lot of weight to lose and I dont want to put it back on again and thinking about how wonderful I will feel when I go on our planned USA road trip at Christmas at my target weight (and wondering about how I will prevent too much damage)

The other thing I am thinking about is people I haven't seen for a while - I have mixed feelings about this - firstly it is nice when people I know relatively well tell me how good I look (I have even been called an inspiration at work :p) but I dont know if I will like it when its people I have not seen for a while. I have gone through a rather dramatic transformation in a relatively short time and some people haven't recognised me - so I dont know how to deal with something like that. I am guessing I will cross that bridge when I come it, but I would be lying if I said it doesn't spur me on to lose just that little bit more.

On another subject I have become completely obsessed with water and water bottles, having procured another one yesterday I now have a rather massive collection and love every one of them - I have really undergone a change in choosing water over other drinks (apart from tea...couldn't live without that) and hope that this is a permanent change, in fact I hope that all the changes are permanent but the only person who can decide that is me.

Heres to day 4...positive, healthy and raring to go

Okay .....day 4 today and still slightly sceptical about the scales which say I am already 11lbs down, I am hoping that is a true reading (even though it is only water) it makes me feel great and puts me only a whisker away from the next stone boundary and .....drumroll......a healthy BMI.

Things are still really going well, there is no pressure from anyone but myself (hubby is still really supportive - but worried that the scales have dropped so quickly and thinks my goal of 3 stone is too much and that I wont be healthy at that weight). I have 97 days to go - so I am keeping myself motivated my thinking about what charm I am going to have on my bracelet for my sixth stone: I want it to be something meaningful - because six stone is a lot of weight to lose and I dont want to put it back on again and thinking about how wonderful I will feel when I go on our planned USA road trip at Christmas at my target weight (and wondering about how I will prevent too much damage)

The other thing I am thinking about is people I haven't seen for a while - I have mixed feelings about this - firstly it is nice when people I know relatively well tell me how good I look (I have even been called an inspiration at work :p) but I dont know if I will like it when its people I have not seen for a while. I have gone through a rather dramatic transformation in a relatively short time and some people haven't recognised me - so I dont know how to deal with something like that. I am guessing I will cross that bridge when I come it, but I would be lying if I said it doesn't spur me on to lose just that little bit more.

On another subject I have become completely obsessed with water and water bottles, having procured another one yesterday I now have a rather massive collection and love every one of them - I have really undergone a change in choosing water over other drinks (apart from tea...couldn't live without that) and hope that this is a permanent change, in fact I hope that all the changes are permanent but the only person who can decide that is me.

Heres to day 4...positive, healthy and raring to go[/QUOTE

Wow. That's a lot of weight loss in a few days... I seem to be steadying out and losing an average of 2lbs a week, although some weeks are more. I would love to lose 2 stone by Christmas and am upping my exercise but really struggling at times with my diet. Mainly because I live alone and hate cooking for myself or shopping. Need to have a real sit down and think about it more.

Well done on getting so close to you healthy bmi and I know what you mean about worrying how you will react. Just try and take it as a positive as they will only mean it that way.

Hope day 4 has gone well xxx

Hey... good luck with the Christmas challenge. I am looking to lose around 3stone by Christmas.... actually 3st 2lbs. I started at a similar weight as you... 17.7, although I didn't weigh in til halfway through the first week as the scales were kinda daunting, so most likely a few lbs more. Unfortunately for me the 3 stone won't take to to target (which is also similar to yours, I chose mine as it was right in the middle of a healthy weight range) but I will be a 'normal' weight. Anyhow, good luck, looking forward to watching your journey :D

Hey... good luck with the Christmas challenge. I am looking to lose around 3stone by Christmas.... actually 3st 2lbs. I started at a similar weight as you... 17.7, although I didn't weigh in til halfway through the first week as the scales were kinda daunting, so most likely a few lbs more. Unfortunately for me the 3 stone won't take to to target (which is also similar to yours, I chose mine as it was right in the middle of a healthy weight range) but I will be a 'normal' weight. Anyhow, good luck, looking forward to watching your journey :D

I am also looking to lose 3 stone by Christmas, started at 22.8 four weeks ago and am currently at 21.6 so another 1 stone 11lb to lose by Christmas

Bit of an update - I am a full 14 days into my 100 day challenge and 18lbs down - which means I have 24lbs to go! Things are really easy here (I know you are not supposed to say that) but I find the VLCD's so much easier than any other diet I have ever been on - it is so easy to know what I can have and what I can't....there is no in-betweens or negotiations with myself then.

Went shopping yesterday and my hubby managed to persuade me to try on some clothes......such 12 :eek:- well I think we were both in shock but bought them anyway.

So I am currently just living off Vanilla, strawberry and chocolate shakes and feeling pretty good. I have earned another charm for my bracelet and 14 stickers on my wall chart (how sad!)

Here is to the next 14 days and maybe another few lbs lighter!

Thanks for all the encouraging comments guys - 3stone sounds like a lot when I think about it but broken down into manageable chunks it seems doable!

Well done your doing great

Back